Update Client stuck on initializing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

I can’t download the update. All it says is that it’s initializing and then stays on that. I’ve tried restarting client several times with the same outcome. It hasn’t downloaded any of the patch yet.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

i have seim proplem it was all ok yesday todayi try loging on but it was stuck on this i hope the fix it soon realy one to go in pvp agen

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

Posted by: DGM.6143

DGM.6143

I believe it’s the SweetFX files in the bin folder. If you delete it, it should work.

Posted by: GscGunner.2419

GscGunner.2419

Cant get past initializing and i have no idea what files of sweetfx are in the bin folder.. (meaning yes im using sweetfx)

EDIT: just made a backup from bin folder and deleted it from the install folder, instant loaded into the game.

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

The problem fixed itself for me, took several minutes for the client to even boot up to even start downloading, which is proceeding very slowly. To date the worst patching I’ve had, everyother one was smooth.

Posted by: Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Nocturnal Lunacy.8563

Cant get past initializing and i have no idea what files of sweetfx are in the bin folder.. (meaning yes im using sweetfx)

EDIT: just made a backup from bin folder and deleted it from the install folder, instant loaded into the game.

I did this and it worked thank you very much.

Forever Against Stacked Servers
Virual [VRUS] Alien Lunatics [StFu] Nocturnal Sxaddx [Nuts] Ft. Aspenwood
That which is dead may eternally lie, but with great aeons even death may die.

Posted by: DGM.6143

DGM.6143

GemFX seems not to work, as well, just fyi.

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

It happen to me too, after several minutes I entered the game.
After I restart the game and BAMM again, stuck at “initializing” -.-

I removed the SweetFx files from the Bin folder and it worked for me.
So now the SweetFx doesnt work -.-

Before they only let us use SweetFx if we put some files in the gw2 bin folder, now they prevent us from playing if we have those files in the bin folder.

Now SweetFx doesnt work, that means, or you play gw2 without SweetFx or you dont play at all -.-

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

Deleting the bin folder had no effect for me btw, in the past it sometimes helped though very rarely.

Posted by: whiteflower.9425

whiteflower.9425

I didnt delete the bin folder, only deleted the injector.ini, d3d9.dll and dxgi.dll.

Posted by: Sophia Aeon.6385

Sophia Aeon.6385

After the update, which also went smoothly, when I logged in I found that no longer character selection window appears. The game seemed stuck and I could not even use the Task Manager to select and kill GW2.exe process. After I wiped BIN folder (obviously I made a backup first) and restarted the game, there was a brief update to restore Bin folder, but in the end game started and worked perfectly.
Thx GscGunner.2419

(Later edit.)
No, it still doesn’t work. I don’t understand how it work erlier, but after a brief exit from game I can’t get in character selection screen anymore. I tried everything but I quit. Obvious it’s not my fault it’s ANet fault. I’ll wait next hot fix.

Don’t mess with Norn women.

(edited by Sophia Aeon.6385)

Posted by: DespicableDude.5948

DespicableDude.5948

I have deleted all my GemFX files. Now the game is finally downloading.

Posted by: Saucermote.9140

Saucermote.9140

The game requires the bin folder to run, and when you run the game, it will recreate it, which is fine. What deleting it accomplishes is removing any of the post processing filters like sweet fx or gemfx you may have installed there. If you add them back to the directory after the game recreates the bin directory, you’ll probably have trouble again.

If you’re still having trouble, you may want to double check that there aren’t any of the sweetfx/gemfx injector files (specifically the dll files) in the ./Guild Wars 2 root directory. In the past, that has also caused problems.

You don’t win friends with Salad.