Update Notifier lies like Pinocchio

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nash.2681

Nash.2681

“A new build is available. Your game will restart in X minutes.”
This message is still a kittening joke. 40 mins left, in the mid of an event-chain- BAMM game closes and updates. Nothing new but STILL anoying as hell.

XMG U716 (i7 6700, 16GB DDR4@2133Mhz, GTX980m, Samsung 850Evo 250 GB, Seagate SSHD 500GB)

Leader of “Servants of Balance” [SoB], a small guild endemic to the FSP.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Are you sure it wasn’t a disconnect for some reason? When there is an update pending and you disconnect (either you did or the game crashed/disconnected) it will start updating so soon the launcher restarts. I have had such frustrating moments but it was because I lost connection just when there was an update pending.

Other than that I have never experienced such early restart.

Other possibility, by chance was the map flagged as closing a and you ignored the invite for volunteering? If so, it’s possible the time ran out and the map closed and, when there is an update pending and you leave the current map (in this case leaving an instance of that map) the game restarts itself. I have gone through it once (although there wasn’t an update) as I got tossed out of a map during an event, but it was because I ignored leaving it and the time ended.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

The bug fix update before this one (Dec 21) alerted me on screen that a new build was available and that my game would restart in 1 hour. 30 seconds later my chat box said a new build was available and that my game would restart in 5 minutes.

(thinking about it more accurately, it may have actually said 1hr on-screen, but then 10 seconds later it said 4 minutes 50 seconds until restart)

I didn’t take a screenshot of that one, but here is a screenshot of another recent update where the message on the screen and printed in the chat box says 1 hour. But 5 seconds later it sends an auto-restart notification of 2hrs 45min to the chat box.

Really should get this fixed. I’ve not experienced and consistency between the time noted in the message on the screen and when the game actually auto-boots me to patch.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)