Updates always happen right before reset.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: hix.8374

hix.8374

This may not seem like much of a big deal but as a player that gets home an hour before reset and only has an hour or two to play it gets rather annoying. It has gotten so annoying that I have actually quit playing. I come home log in and not even 15 minutes later the game is updating. So I log out and back in and guess what the Tequatl map that my entire guild is on is now full. Has happened every day this week. Can you please wait to release the random updates until after reset.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

You have at least an hour before you are forced to update. Wait and update after Teq. If the map was full or not wouldn’t make a difference when you tried to rejoin. Once you update you are running a different version than they are. You will never get back to the same map.

Posted by: hix.8374

hix.8374

>“You have at least an hour before you are forced to update. Wait and update after Teq. If the map was full or not wouldn’t make a difference when you tried to rejoin. Once you update you are running a different version than they are. You will never get back to the same map.”

The whole thing is that the updates are coming about 15-20 minutes before Teq starts and the map is not full. Therefore necessitating a restart. Our entire map is resetting. not just me. Once in awhile is fine by me but every night for a week. Just make the random updates random. So it is not always the exact same people that are forced to deal with them.

(edited by hix.8374)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This may not seem like much of a big deal but as a player that gets home an hour before reset and only has an hour or two to play it gets rather annoying. It has gotten so annoying that I have actually quit playing. I come home log in and not even 15 minutes later the game is updating. So I log out and back in and guess what the Tequatl map that my entire guild is on is now full. Has happened every day this week. Can you please wait to release the random updates until after reset.

Bug fixes are rolled out as soon as possible, within regular ANet business hours. Sometimes that’s going to be close to reset, as that is the end of their day.

The alternative is asking all the people who are affected by the bug to wait til tomorrow’s reset or ask ANet staff to work over time every day there’s an important issue to resolve.

Further, there aren’t bug fixes every day and not all of them are released right around reset — if you look at the data (at least, based on the time the patch notes went live, which is pretty close to actual release time), it varies — a lot go out during ANet’s morning.

Finally daily “reset” is a popular time for the NA players, but it’s hardly prime time for EU (closer to midnight) and other regions. That is, every time is prime time for some sizable group. There’s no optimal time.

tl;dr the greater good for the greater fraction of the community is to release the bug fixes when ready.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”