Utils Gone - Disabilities Not Understood

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

I am devastated.

It takes me forever to learn anything new with literal brain damage from beatings and falls after years of beatings.

Not being able to buy the Sharpening Stones or other utilties gives an edge, a huge one, to those who can do crafting easily or remember to do so – because as it is, between pain from tumors and pain throughout my very ill body from decades of antibiotic damage, I can barely sleep every other day, let alone try to figure out how to make stones, oils and crystals.

It’s bad enough most have an edge over the very disabled, but I’ve been mostly silent, until now.

This is my literal brain therapy – not unlike many games used in hospitals and facilities that deal with Alzheimer patients – GW2 is my outlet to try to keep what is left of my cognitive facilities.

Without the stones on the Trading Post, people like me will be losing even more than we already are with our inability to learn the way Anet tells us we must – no mentoring, no helps, just “hey, go figure it out”.

Meta builds are a JOKE for people like me. I have not been able to stay alive in WvW (and before that PvP) with any “meta” build. I play so differently that even when people ask for my build, seeing when I do have success, which is often when I am with a group and not often when I am alone but a HUGE number of baddies going down just around me (and the Guards, and the Revs – the one I am referring to is a Druid.), they can’t play the toon I made. Can’t.

I need those stones on the Trading Post. Many of us do, but many will just limp along or just stop the game mode they need them in most… Apparently I am being left out of WvW over a change that certainly didn’t need to be made and one that many were using as gold to keep them in whatever mode they were doing successfully – you even took away their incomes.

Wrong, so very wrong.

Attachments:

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

Posted by: X T D.6458

X T D.6458

Well sorry to hear about your personal issues. I just tested this and it is rather odd, it seems like a coding bug with the filter, the stones are there, just type in stone without a filter and scroll down to find them. You can also craft several different account bound types after getting recipes, or buy the t5 versions from the portable provisioner for 5 badges each, very convenient and cheap.

I say what needs to be said, get used to it.
Honesty is not insulting, stupidity is.
>Class Balance is a Joke<

(edited by X T D.6458)

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

I would just try an a search on sharpening stones in the top most level of the buy screen, can’t imagine they’re not on the TP any more.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

Yeah they’re still there. I saw this bug a couple weeks ago when I was gearing up a new toon but I was able to search for them and by them. The easiest way around this is anytime you are getting low on food or utilities you can just right click on the ones you have and it gives you the option to buy more off the tp.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

Posted by: Zain.4987

Zain.4987

atheria.2837

Well sorry to hear about your personal issues. I just tested this and it is rather odd, it seems like a coding bug with the filter, the stones are there, just type in stone without a filter and scroll down to find them. You can also craft several different account bound types after getting recipes, or buy the t5 versions from the portable provisioner for 5 badges each, very convenient and cheap.

It’s not the only major glitch seen lately then.

If the Trading Post won’t work consistently, and I know others who have also seen this “bug”, then why hasn’t it been addressed?

Seems no real way to know if any game function is a bug at this point and reporting it and getting it to those who can do something about it is worse.

Bugs are becoming more prevalent in some game modes than others – I hardly ever seen bugs in PvE any longer, but I certainly see them in WvW and PvP so often as to be a serious concern if someone is even looking.

I have dozens of screenshots taken throughout days of this bug alone; this is a per account bug that needs to be addressed.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

atheria.2837

Anet and company, as well as players, I did a google and other engine search for this bug.

The search feature for this website is famously broken and not even google could find the bug report that you listed.

We need a way to see bugs as they are found, not wait or guess when no information is forthcoming from Anet – ever.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The utility filter’s broken, but you can just type sharpening stone without selecting any of the categories

Attachments:

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For the OP: sorry you’re not able to use the TP the way you expect.

We need a way to see bugs as they are found, not wait or guess when no information is forthcoming from Anet – ever.

We want a way to see ANet’s bug list; we don’t “need” to. There’s no reasonable way ANet could share their list directly: some bugs are listed by code issues, not as we experience them; some will look simple and yet be nearly impossible to fix; some will be lower priority than we want. Posting verbatim means they’d spend too much time doing damage control about the phrasing of the bug reports.

Translating the bugs into something the community can easily parse takes time, a lot of time… not just from the “interpreter” but also from the devs working on the issue(s).

Communicating the current status of bugs involves art & science and is like rocket science, even when there’s just a single point of contact with customers. And that’s why companies don’t do it.

I am 100% sure that ANet is capable of doing more to keep us informed, but they’ll never be able to communicate with us about even most of the things we want to track.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: DominiFactum.7103

DominiFactum.7103

Check here regularly:
https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/98802888

It’s the Guild Wars 2 Known Issue Tracker.

Posted by: Pat Cavit.9234

Pat Cavit.9234

Web Programming Lead