Vexa's Lab

Vexa's Lab

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TeHSaNdMaN.5942

TeHSaNdMaN.5942

Once I enter Vexa’s Lab the event “Destroy Vexa’s corrupted test subjects” is active but cannot be completed. This prevents you from going deeper into the lab. It looks almost as if someone tried to complete it by killing the enemies because the bar for the event is empty. It just never completed when they did.

edit: as of the 2pm PST patch I went in and the event spawned and we killed all the waves. Vexa says “I’m impressed. You lab rats are surprisingly capable subjects. But can you handle THIS?” Nothing happens from this point on.

edit 2: Uploaded a video of the bugged event. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nINF9dUfWOY

(edited by TeHSaNdMaN.5942)

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Yep, noticed this has been like this for the last couple of day’s. Just made a video about it.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: RyuuZaki.4296

RyuuZaki.4296

Can confirm this.
i was doing Twilight – dusk 3 collection achievement and it requires me to get inside the lab and use a certain item, after i went inside i found few people just waiting there and the event was still saying “destroy vessa’s corrupted subjects..” even tho the progress of remaining subjects showed 0.
i really hope Anet fixes this as it is essential for more than just the achievement i mentioned above.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

I know what it is now after this last update. It’s the veteran rank risen abomination that is suppose to be in that cell tank thing (center right of that room). After you kill all the mobs and the bar goes down to nothing; she releases the risen abomination on the players. Unfortunately it never spawns.

A bit of nit picking but Vexa’s voice over is suppose to show up when you first come into the lab. However that never happens, but the text does show up to what she is suppose to say to you. That particular bug has been that way for the last couple of years.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: VyPR.3412

VyPR.3412

Same here. Stuck on Ad Infinitum III

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: raykor.6723

raykor.6723

Why does this fix have to take so long? After this many years, I bet the fix is just a command line reset of the instance. Please ANET, fix this.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Junkie.2584

Junkie.2584

Still not able to move on because of this…

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: TeHSaNdMaN.5942

TeHSaNdMaN.5942

I’ve also included a Video of the bugged event.

Vexa's Lab

raykor.6723

…still broken

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Brett Nellermoe

Brett Nellermoe

QA Embed

Next

We’re looking into this. Thanks for the report!

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Maiden Deathraiser.4876

Maiden Deathraiser.4876

Ok then make it fast.. I am there now!! :-) Chop chop, finish lunch and get back to work!!

Vexa's Lab

raykor.6723

…still broken

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: tar.1273

tar.1273

Same problem, with spark part 3…

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: manXxon.3219

manXxon.3219

Still bugged at Vexa’s corrupted experiments event

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: HolyCrusader.5483

HolyCrusader.5483

The event is still bugged after this last patch…. If its gonna take so long to fix at least disable the event while working on a fix so we can all progress on our collections?

Nïcki Minaj | Läna Del Rey | Lïndsay Lohan | Mïley Cyrus | Debbïe Harry | Räven Symoné
Fanboys and Hate Mail [FnH]

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Xuro.5861

Xuro.5861

Still bugged. Any ETA on when we can expect a fix? A lot of people seem to be stuck with their collections (including myself) because of this bug.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Naxap.9042

Naxap.9042

at least 4 days since the bug, hope they fix it soon so i can continue with my collection

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Really hoped Aug. 1 patch would fix the issue.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Manic.2476

Manic.2476

Really hoped Aug. 1 patch would fix the issue.

Me too. I’m one step away from finishing Mawdrey. Everything is ready to go except this ONE thing :C

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Momoshark.8950

Momoshark.8950

Yeah, I’ve been trying for a few days now, hoped Aug 1 patch would fix it, but nope. This is the last thing I need to finish The Mechanism collection, I even did Drydock Scratch before this and I put that off bc it’s long and tedious, go figure. Just?? Fix it soon??

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

same issue rip, hoping it gets fixed soon

Vexa's Lab

manXxon.3219

Can confirm the abomination that you’re supposed to kill at the end of the first event in there, never spawned. And without killing that, doors don’t open. Is there a chance to get an ETA on when it will be fixed? Rather annoying going there time and time again to check.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Zirkonicky.1480

Zirkonicky.1480

Stil broken….. :-( I cant progress now

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: gjBackBone.4807

gjBackBone.4807

Stuck in Ad Infinitum III. Please make this a higher priority.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Nokz.5862

Nokz.5862

Stuck on my dusk collection because of this, can’t collect the captive darkness behind the blue bars.

(edited by Nokz.5862)

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Zomboy.6028

Zomboy.6028

This has been a problem for about a week or so and still no fix? Its so sad so many legendary collections rely on this place and they have still yet to fix it, i would understand if it were a random event and them just setting it at the bottom of the important things to fix list, but its not so many people need this.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: mbhalo.1547

mbhalo.1547

Remember when Nageling giant, that you needed for the Juggernaut collection was bugged for like a month? I hope this won’t be the case.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: SNAKE.2681

SNAKE.2681

still bugged…I’ve been waiting there for 4 days…

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Thief.6095

Thief.6095

Can someone pls tell me if this bug will ever be fixed or do we have to wait for the expansion to come out?

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Stoaga.8190

Stoaga.8190

I’m getting so fricking CROSS. Pls fix this

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Soulwrath.6821

Soulwrath.6821

Please fix soon, Im almost done with my incinerator III

Vexa's Lab

manXxon.3219

I know there’s new update, and new and shiny is more fun than old stuff. But could we please have some expedience for a fix on this. The queue of people needing stuff in there is growing fast

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: The Blog.1824

The Blog.1824

I have a character parked inside. If anybody wants you can hit me up and use a “Port to Friend” to get to me. The chest in the middle wont spawn, but the to ones on the side work fine. The Blog.1824 is my ingame name.

/Disclaimer: Won’t work for the Bolt, Dusk, Astralaria Collection since it needs the Boss to spawn or a different event and these events are bugged he won’t. But it works for all other collections that need the bossroom (Mawdrey, Spark, Ad Infinitum).
This also will not work if you are in NA!!!! EU only since I am in EU and TP to Friend doesn’t work server region wide.

(edited by The Blog.1824)

Vexa's Lab

Naxap.9042

Thaaaanks, i am on now if u want to help me

Vexa's Lab

Thief.6095

I have a character parked inside. If anybody wants you can hit me up and use a “Port to Friend” to get to me. The chest in the middle wont spawn, but the to ones on the side work fine. The Blog.1824 is my ingame name.

/Disclaimer: Won’t work for the Bolt Collection since it needs the Boss to spawn. Since the events are bugged he won’t. But it works for all other collections afaik.

I’ve heard u have a character in Vexa’s Lab and I was wondering if I can port to u so I can complete the collection. And will it work for Twilight collection or do I need the boss to capture the darkness? If u have time pls answer me when u will be on.

Vexa's Lab

Naxap.9042

Anyone from an american server that’s got a character inside of Vex lab?

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: VyPR.3412

VyPR.3412

You know what I think would really impress players? Have a GM stand at the locked gate in Vexa’s Lab for a little while and offer to move players to the other side (I think they can shift players’ map coordinates).

Vexa's Lab

manXxon.3219

Quite sad that it has to take more than a week to fix an issue like that really. And getting ported into the lab wont help for Astralaria collection. Need the chest for that :’(

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Brigand.9502

Brigand.9502

You know what I think would really impress players? Have a GM stand at the locked gate in Vexa’s Lab for a little while and offer to move players to the other side (I think they can shift players’ map coordinates).

Sound advice. This is exactly how I received the item I needed to continue my Bolt III: Zap collection today. All I can say is keep a character in the main room and check in occasionally. Keep an eye out for characters with a “Gm” in the front of their name. As an added security feature, they whisper in GOLD text.

Also many thanks to that Anet angel who helped me, and many others, out today. <3

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: ZenCorey.4195

ZenCorey.4195

Dammmmmmmm it’s still bugged. Cant get in to the dark room in the chamber to get my gloom

Vexa's Lab

Thief.6095

Guys I think its fixed I just went there and the event is working hurry up!!

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: ZenCorey.4195

ZenCorey.4195

Guys I think its fixed I just went there and the event is working hurry up!!

It’s not fixed ^ just went in to check

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Moltakfire.6834

Moltakfire.6834

GUYS I FOUND A TEMPORARY FIX AAAAH! I don’t know if this is okay to do Anet devs, just let me know if it’s game-breaking given it’s a way around a bug but:

Glide onto the barrier. Unplug your ethernet cable and as soon as you do it, fall back into the pen and plug it back in. Then spam click the Gloom item, and you should get it!

Hopefully this’ll make things okay while the devs fix the problem.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Tyler.3186

Tyler.3186

Yea I just went to vexa’s to work on mawdrey and it is still glitched. I don’t think I’m ready to go and unplug my ethernet to get in yet though. This is definitely frustrating to see this has been a problem for about a week now.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Moltakfire.6834

Moltakfire.6834

Yea I just went to vexa’s to work on mawdrey and it is still glitched. I don’t think I’m ready to go and unplug my ethernet to get in yet though. This is definitely frustrating to see this has been a problem for about a week now.

Yeah I got super annoyed haha. It was the last step for me and I wanted to get it for my birthday (which ended half an hour ago), but that hindered me. I’m glad there’s a way around it though Just disconnecting the network connection (turning off wifi would work) fixed what was a really infuriating bug for me.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Lyrebon.9715

Lyrebon.9715

Does it really take 7 days to fix such a trivial bug?

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Tyler.3186

Tyler.3186

Yeah I got super annoyed haha. It was the last step for me and I wanted to get it for my birthday (which ended half an hour ago), but that hindered me. I’m glad there’s a way around it though Just disconnecting the network connection (turning off wifi would work) fixed what was a really infuriating bug for me.

Well, happy birthday! I might give it a try if it takes too long to fix. I still have a lot more quartz crystals to make for mawdrey so I’m not too rushed.

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: BillFreist

Previous

BillFreist

Gameplay Programmer

Next

Nothing is trivial when it comes to spawn code.

I nailed down what was causing this, it wasn’t just something with this specific spawn. The problem was related to the cage that the spawn goes in. There was a problem with the way we enable/disable the collision for the cage when the dude would get released at the end of the event. Ultimately this was preventing the area inside the cage from being ‘spawn-able’.

I’m sure this same bug was causing all sorts of other random failures across the game.

Anyways, the fix is slated for our next build unless we identify any issues with the fix between now and then and have to yank it out. I’m making zero promises here.

-Bill

Vexa's Lab

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

So this was the Nicholas Cage problem: sometimes it’s great and sometimes it’s awful. Glad you found it & hope it solves some of the other spawning issues we’ve seen.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”