Video Drivers Crash on New Story Mission

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

I don’t know if this is the last of the new story missions because I can’t get past it without my computer dying.

I enter the egg chamber, the cutscene plays where the thing happens (don’t want to spoil it), and then I can play anywhere from 10 seconds to 5 minutes before my screen goes totally black. I can hear the game continuing to play in the background, but nothing short a hard reboot (even using the paperclip to hit the soft reset button on my tower doesn’t work) will get my computer running again. I’ve now tried this mission five times in a row, and I’ve crashed every time.

I’ve had this happen to me before with this game and with Witcher 3, but always within a short time of going through a cutscene. After the fourth crash I completely wiped and reinstalled drivers, but that didn’t help. GeForce 970 GTX.

If you need a log, I have no idea how to find it, so please point me towards a guide and I’ll get it for you.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Ceesa.1350

Ceesa.1350

If people are curious, I finally made it through my dropping the graphics settings to “Best Performance”.