Voices sometimes missinG

Voices sometimes missinG

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Otzeloot.5347

Otzeloot.5347

Hello fellow gw2 community!

I returned to my character questline today and noticed, that in some parts of a scene the voice of the npc my char is talking to doesn’t work. The voice of my char always works, and the npc just doesn’t voice some parts of the dialouge. When the voice is missing, the npc’s mouth doesn’t move, too. That’s really strange, and I wonder, if I can fix this myself.
I have to say it is a bit anoying, because an essential part of my personal story goes missing there

I play on an german server, but use the game completely in english.

May the six bless you!
Otzeloot

Edit
It is not just in one quest. I already completed 2 or 3 and it’s still persistent!

(edited by Otzeloot.5347)

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: haderach.2410

haderach.2410

I’ve noticed this as well. I think it was introduced with one of the last 2 patches because I never had an issue with it until now and I just resumed my personal story after 2 days of not doing it.

Voices sometimes missinG

Otzeloot.5347

I’ve noticed this as well. I think it was introduced with one of the last 2 patches because I never had an issue with it until now and I just resumed my personal story after 2 days of not doing it.

Yep, I didn’t have this issue before the last build (some hours ago).

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Cymiryc.7024

Cymiryc.7024

I am finding this on my Story Quests. I have just created a Charr in the Ash Legion and i think most of the dialogue has not been playing until my character speaks. Even after they do the NPC’s say nothing and their lips don’t move.

This is in the first part of the story quest

Voices sometimes missinG

Otzeloot.5347

I am finding this on my Story Quests. I have just created a Charr in the Ash Legion and i think most of the dialogue has not been playing until my character speaks. Even after they do the NPC’s say nothing and their lips don’t move.

This is in the first part of the story quest

Alright. I am playing a level 35 human, so this has obviousely nothing to do with race nor level.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Amarinth.8534

Amarinth.8534

Same thing here.

I remember this problem from beta – they fixed it at some point, but as of today’s patch it’s back.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Hamstorm.1685

Hamstorm.1685

Definitely caused by a recent patch, doing exactly the same story steps on a new char as I did a few days ago on a different one but now some npc voices are broken that were fine.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Skolops.2604

Skolops.2604

It’s also causing explosions, ambient and informational dialogue, and other sound effects to play only some times.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Fwiffo.6751

Fwiffo.6751

I rolled a norn today and noticed the same thing too. It seems the very first line each character says is not voiced at all. Except the player character, that works fine.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Kaveck.1532

Kaveck.1532

Having the same problem here! No audio and the mouth doesn’t move either, it is really strange (It is even happening for Scouts when I talk to them)

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: WraithoftheMoon.7308

WraithoftheMoon.7308

This is happening to me as well! I am at Personal Story * The Sad Tale of the “Ravenous” level 26.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Iant Aman.4390

Iant Aman.4390

Same problem here – hadn’t noticed this issue before today’s somewhat larger game download, but after that rather many of the NPC audio files during storyline (Queen’s Justice) did not play (+ characters were missing the ‘speech’ animation)

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Koolthulu.9682

Koolthulu.9682

I noticed while playing last night that the scouts I talked to no longer had voice overs while showing me the map. And NPCs during events didn’t have voices either. They would show the text bubbles, but no audio.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: skepticck.9714

skepticck.9714

Same thing here, after this last patch a lot of audio dialogue is being skipped, i noticed it mostly in personal story dialogue and some NPCs like it says on previous posts, chat bubbles but no audio.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: vefu.7651

vefu.7651

Yep, same here aswell.. No biggie, but still annoying.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Linnea.5146

Linnea.5146

Same here, happened in Charr Ash storyline as well as human circus storyline.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I just started noticing this today with multiple characters- chunks of npc audio missing during cut scenes.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Eleri Tezhme.3048

Eleri Tezhme.3048

I just double checked as it was happening, and their mouths don’t move, either. So it’s not just that the audio isn’t happening, the animation synch isn’t either. They still do hand gestures, though (which provides some interesting insights into the process…)

Voices sometimes missinG

Otzeloot.5347

I have not monitored the other threads about this issue. Has there been an official statement or something?

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Ethan.1735

Ethan.1735

Same thing here. I am sure about this because I had played a lv30 Norn with everything OK. Now I’m also playing a new lv1 Norn and some of the dialogue voices were missing.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: evilsabre.9587

evilsabre.9587

same here stopped doing my story since this started happening right after the patch on the 14th and at my current rate i’ll be over 10 levels ahead of my story soon

Also some of the scouts have this issue as well since i went into metrica hills talked to the 1st scout and no voice acting for it

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: BCDragon.5614

BCDragon.5614

Its happening to me as well but its no biggie although I would like to hear what they are saying :/

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Nhalx.9735

Nhalx.9735

I’ve encountered this aswell, it definitly has to be something from a past patch. Because, it worked fine for an entire human campaign until today. Whilst i was leveling a few alts. I find it sad, since i really enjoy the cinematic story as it is.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

Indeed, this happened to me too. The NPC it happens to changes, as well. Nothing too bad, but it gets a bit annoying.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Delphyne.8091

Delphyne.8091

Came to the forums to see about this! Started a sylvari mesmer and it’s doing it to me in story mode. Scouts also don’t speak when showing the map.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Wraithinshadow.1739

Wraithinshadow.1739

I’ve had this periodically happen with Tegwin for the Silvari

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: SmokingAir.8294

SmokingAir.8294

the last lot of little patches have bugged this out and alot of quest as well..

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: VooDooU.4891

VooDooU.4891

Just wanted to add this is not just a low lvl thing, our grp did two high lvl story mode dungeons last night and it was the same.. about 1 in event 3 bits of text the voices are missing.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Ronah.2869

Ronah.2869

I played Norn and Asura Story today and the voices were missing randomly on cutscenes and also in the mission instance NPCs. Only the chat bubbles were on

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: netwez.9532

netwez.9532

The same is happening to me too, It was fine and working until a few days ago and sometimes the story quest is now silent

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Sir Vincent III.1286

Sir Vincent III.1286

The recent patch seems to have broken the voice overs…I have this problem with 3 of my alts’ personal stories.

http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning…there was Tarnished Coast…
Full set of 5 unique skills for both dual-wield weapon sets: P/P and D/D – Make it happen
PvE – DD/CS/AC – If that didn’t work, roll a Reaper or Revenant.

Voices sometimes missinG

Posted by: Corpdecker.3819

Corpdecker.3819

Just to chime in, I’ve noticed in the last 3 days or so, never before that, so it does seem to be related to a recent patch. Some lines that work for me later do not work for my wife in the exact same story quest, so there is some issue of RNG present.