WARNING: Mystic Forge BUG

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Esoteric.4395

Esoteric.4395

I know this have been mentioned before, but I would like to take this time to mention that right now, there is a huge bug where if you put in 4 lvl 80 exotic or rare weapons, about half the time it will come out to be a lvl 77-79 weapon, instead of the expected lvl 80. I have spent over 1k gold so far experimenting (to find precursor rates), I have the number pinned down at about 43% so far, after about 150 forges. Overall, I have done over 1.5k forges, and in the past this has NEVER happened. Is this intended?

(if you are interested in the other data about actual rates, I have a thread on the crafting forums about it)

I am just concerned, because the developers said they made changes to the Mystic forge, and they said that they were sure that “we would like it”. Sadly, getting stiffed with a lvl 75 exotic after putting in 4 lvl 80 exotics into the mystic toilet isn’t very likable.

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

Oops, I just made a thread about this very same bug!

Champion Hunter

Posted by: Opacus.4390

Opacus.4390

Same, happened in my case with lvl 80 exotics

SafiMoyo.5130

Still happening

Champion Hunter

Posted by: dennie.9237

dennie.9237

Same here, I put some lvl 80 rares and exotics in Mystic forge and get some 76-78 lvl gear.

Posted by: LordEnki.9283

LordEnki.9283

Still nothing on this?

SafiMoyo.5130

Gentle bump for this…

Champion Hunter

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Confirmed.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

For specific evidence, see this reddit post — 1270 L80 greatswords flushed; about 1/3 of results were sub-L80

By comparing to pre-patch results, it appears as if the non-named weapons are now evenly divided between L7x and L80. For example, the redditor received the same amount of etched weapons as I would have expected based on the results of pre-patch research, but half their Etched weapons were L80 and the other half were L76-78.

As it turns out, this doesn’t result in much of a financial hit to forging certain weapon types:

• The skins are (mostly) more valuable now than before (i.e. selling at a premium compared to pre-patch values).
  • Some of the sigils also tend to be valuable, for those who have BL kits. (e.g. Pearl weapons have no sigil, but some of the Iron ones have Superior Accuracy)

Still, it’s troubling that a change this big wasn’t mentioned in the patch notes, if it was intended.

Summary of result cited above:
Ordinary:

• Iron Greatswords (L7x): 21.4%
  • Pearl (L80): 21.4%

Ceremonial/Etched

• L7x: 12.9%
  • L80: 11.4%

Orrian/Legion/Tribal:

• L7x: 1.4%
  • L80: 2.8%

Coveted:

• Named: 27.1%
  • Precursor: 1.4%

edit: fixing link

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

(edited by Illconceived Was Na.9781)

SafiMoyo.5130

For specific evidence, see this reddit post — 1270 L80 greatswords flushed; about 1/3 of results were sub-L80

By comparing to pre-patch results, it appears as if the non-named weapons are now evenly divided between L7x and L80. For example, the redditor received the same amount of etched weapons as I would have expected based on the results of pre-patch research, but half their Etched weapons were L80 and the other half were L76-78.

The link is broken

Champion Hunter

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Fixed — thanks for letting me know (I would have sworn I double-checked and visited the link even after posting, but apparently… my QA team was taking a break at the time.)

LordEnki.9283

Would like to keep this post alive.

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

Should be fixed ASAP

Posted by: Juan.4569

Juan.4569

Yea can we have a fix? Id love to get a zap soon

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

ya i just ran in too this bug toss in 4 lvl 80 GS trying to get Dusk and got back a lvl 78 weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

(edited by Apocalypse.5239)

Posted by: Evilek.5690

Evilek.5690

7 days and zero feedback !!

Really this is not funny, Arenanet bug or ninja nerf make Legendary weapons unattainable for many players. Before this bug/ninja nerf 90% porecursors cost max 600g now after 7+days ? 1000-1500g lol

Evilek lvl 80 Charr Thief Why no ?
Fredy Brimstone lvl 80 Mighty Warrior
OupĂ­ lvl 80 Immortal Guardian

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

well, so much for thinking I could save up my looted 80 gold/exotic short bows in hope of geting the Lover for my Dreamer Luckily I haved touched the forge since the pack update so I haven’t wasted anything yet. Thanks for the heads up.

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Apocalypse.5239

Apocalypse.5239

just did 4 exotic named GS and got back a lvl 78 so ya name exotic GS will do the same. I’m just going to save up the 1k+ gold for Dusk and give up on the MF it’s not worth my time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwQdM-J1TM4
Only if you want to watch.
lvl 80 Charr Warrior part of Twin.

LordEnki.9283

7 days and zero feedback !!

Really this is not funny, Arenanet bug or ninja nerf make Legendary weapons unattainable for many players. Before this bug/ninja nerf 90% porecursors cost max 600g now after 7+days ? 1000-1500g lol

Yep, still no feedback. I wonder if it was about PvP related if they would have responded by now.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

If you review the limited data we have since the patch, for forging rares with an average level of 75+:

• the precursor drop rate is the same (within the error of measurement)
  • the odds of a named exotic appear to be higher
  • the odds of getting a valuable skin/sigil seem to be at least as good, if not better
  • the odds of getting an L7x item are (obviously) higher, but at the expense of the relatively lower value exotics, e.g. fewer pearl skins.

tl;dr bug or not, if you forge a lot, you won’t be taking much of a financial hit (you might even be doing better than pre-patch)

Until we have more data, I don’t think anyone can say we are worse off than before.

PS I am not sure why anyone expects to receive feedback on this. Typically, the devs don’t comment on RNG unless/until we produce data showing there is an issue.

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Bump.

4x lvl 80 exotic daggers yielded a lvl 75 dagger.

Attachments:

elite specs ruined pvp.

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

Wasn’t the wording used when reporting the Mystic Forge changes, “wider range of output”?

I would say that the current status of the Forge is exactly that. Not sure if it was intended, but the range of what you can get out from tossing in 4 LVL 80 items is certainly “wider” than it was before the patch.

All I’m saying is that the assumption that this IS in fact a bug and MUST be fixed is just that (an assumption). Would be nice to hear from the Devs on the issue, however.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Wasn’t the wording used when reporting the Mystic Forge changes, “wider range of output”?

I would say that the current status of the Forge is exactly that. Not sure if it was intended, but the range of what you can get out from tossing in 4 LVL 80 items is certainly “wider” than it was before the patch.

All I’m saying is that the assumption that this IS in fact a bug and MUST be fixed is just that (an assumption). Would be nice to hear from the Devs on the issue, however.

We also got this tid bit

The mystic forge changes are a work in progress. What I will promise is that when it is done you will like it much better than you do now.

How many of us like this change?

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Malganis.7468

Malganis.7468

In my opinion, 4 level 80 items should always return a level 80 item.

If any of the 4 items is not level 80, then you could get back something less than 80.

Legion of Honour [XIII]: http://operationunion.enjin.com/home
Tarnished Coast

LordEnki.9283

Wow. I’ve gotten 20 precursors in my time playing, but can’t get one to save my soul now. I guess it could be bad RNG, but never had this much of a problem until these changes to the forge.

Juan.4569

Yeah, some red would be nice here

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Wow. I’ve gotten 20 precursors in my time playing, but can’t get one to save my soul now. I guess it could be bad RNG, but never had this much of a problem until these changes to the forge.

What in kitten world did you get 20 precursors! I haven’t gotten 1 since launch. O.O (beside buying the Howl for my Howler). Not that it really matters since the forge sucks, but I really want to get the Lover for my 2nd wep: the Dreamer. Should I just sell the exotics I craft instead of pouring them into a broken forge, and buy the Lover that way?

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Juan.4569

Dont throw anything into the Mystic forge untill this either gets fixed or we are told by the Devs, that its “Working as intended”, and you wanna throw away all the golds :P

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Same thing happened to me….

bump for this

sMihaly.1492

Is this ninja fixed yet?
Edit: No, It’s not.

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

sMihaly.1492

Just threw 4 lvl80 exotic staffs to get a lvl78 one. T.T

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Doubtful.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Is this ninja fixed yet?
Edit: No, It’s not.

I don’t think it was broken in the first place. I think the devs intended “wider range” to include alternative skins with sigils we didn’t see before.

(I don’t happen to like this change, but I don’t think it’s a bug either.)

Posted by: Deli.1302

Deli.1302

this is the kind of thing that qualifies for a hot fix….