Wardrobe Unlocker oversight

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Mel.5821

Mel.5821

There seem to be a few oversights with the wardrobe unlocker such as 30k AP armor and ancestral outfit and glints gaze twice in the unlocker.
Especially the 30k AP armor part (Hellfire body armor) is most likely not supposed to be t here considering some people spend 5k-10k hours on getting that much AP.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

AP rewards should not be in the unlocks. I hope they fix that.

Posted by: Nausicaa.9563

Nausicaa.9563

Yeah Ancestral Outfit is in the armor/weapon category as well. Also, Brewmaster’s Backpack should not be in there as it is an achievement reward.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Those are indeed odd choices for the Wardrobe unlock.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

Yeah Ancestral Outfit is in the armor/weapon category as well. Also, Brewmaster’s Backpack should not be in there as it is an achievement reward.

The outfit also appears even if you already have it unlocked.

Posted by: Lykaon.7695

Lykaon.7695

There are people showing radiant armor with less than 16k AP right now

Posted by: Mel.5821

Mel.5821

Maybe Anet should disable the unlocker until it is fixed

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

I really hope this IS a bug. I mean all this time and years earning these achievements only to get it through a wardrobe unlock chest is… it just makes them so meaningless.

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

Considering the radiant/hellfire are some of the most long term rewards in the game I would hope it’s a bug. If not might as well put legendary weaps and armor in there.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I just scrolled through all the preview stuff and did not see any Radiant or Hellfire items. There’s a lot to look through and I did sort of assume that a section that was all one BLT weapon set would not have something else in the middle of it, but the only mistake that sprung out at me was seeing Ancestral Outfit in the unlocks down in the big hunk of icons — I have that Outfit already and it’s not with the two outfits at the top I don’t have.

Does anyone have screens showing the AP armor in the preview? Here’s mine of the Outfit, for what it’s worth. Sorry about the dyes, the hues that look awesome on Outlaw ain’t so grand on Ancestral

Attachments:

Posted by: usnedward.9023

usnedward.9023

It’s a selling thing. Chance to get any item listed if you buy keys and open boxes. That Ghastly Shield skin that goes for 2800G…. I got it on second ticket. Crap since then but eh I don’t buy keys.

Granted Death – Necro
Consumed Hate – Thief
Unlucky Scrub – Ranger

Posted by: Todeshauch.8901

Todeshauch.8901

@dDonarie: i see in your screenshot a lot of the chak set, wich is an archievment. someone has added evereythin in the wardrobe unlock.

every culture armor skin, skins of all the story parts of all races. the pakt skins. this makes the efford of many archievements obsolete. the back piece which you get for opening these drinks a year long is also in it.

Dear ArenaNet-Team, could you please review that. For sure, this is nonsense.

Regards Tom

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Glint’s Gaze is offered 3 times, though not all together in one place; one for each armor weight.

I found the Cultural Armor sets surprising to see in the Guaranteed Wardrobe Unlock, as well as the AP Armors (I only saw Hellfire, but I’m guessing that is because I have some of the Radiant ones). There seem to be quite a few ‘Achievement-awarded’ new unlocks.

Posted by: Jojo.6140

Jojo.6140

They also added the crafting backpacks (or at least the scribe ones).

Im kinda amazed how they managed to just take away a chunk of long term goals that this game already lacks. My guess is that the gemstore-team who is most likely in charge for that change is not playing this game and just grabbed randomly a bunch of skins they found in the database.

Posted by: Miss Lana.5276

Miss Lana.5276

Glad other people have caught this. I have the ancestral outfit unlocked, and it’s showing up in the “Equipment Skin Unlocks” section, as well as the Intricate Scribe’s backpack – and ONLY that tier of the scribe backpack shows up for me. The Brewmaster’s pack also shouldn’t be in the unlocks, nor should the Hellfire Cuirass (the Radiant isn’t in there though). I’m uneasy with the Chak and Plated weapons being in there. On the one hand, there are a lot of skins already in there that you can get through PvE, but on the other hand those guys take a notable amount of effort to get.

I would suggest if you guys end up getting one of these to hold on to it until it’s been fixed.

48 Characters|Necro|Raider|Fractaller|PvPer|Singer
So long Treeface.
“…Kormir? I know not of whom you speak.”

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Just an FYI: The Ancestral Outfit is not a newly-added unlock. It’s been available since inception as an unlock.

Hellfire skin removed (as per hotfix).

Miss Lana.5276

Just an FYI: The Ancestral Outfit is not a newly-added unlock. It’s been available since inception as an unlock.

Yes, I think most of us here recognise that – but I already have it unlocked in my account and it’s still showing up as a possible unlock (which is redundant considering I already have it unlocked). Not only that, but it’s in the “Equipment” panel, not in the “Outfits” panel where it should be.

So long Treeface.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the OP wasn’t clear about what issue the Ancestral Armor had. I’m not sure there is an issue with having all 3 armor weights for Glint’s Gaze, so…

Miss Lana.5276

Well, the OP wasn’t clear about what issue the Ancestral Armor had. I’m not sure there is an issue with having all 3 armor weights for Glint’s Gaze, so…

So…you ignore the other posts where people describe the issue? Cool cool

On-topic, they’ve removed the Hellfire chest (as was written in the patch notes), but that Ancestral Outfit is still in the wrong panel, and is still showing up for me when I have it unlocked already.

Also not sure if the SAB helicopter glider is meant to be excluded, given that the description says “prior to May 2017” and they’ve added the SAB gemstore minis.

So long Treeface.