Warming Grawnk's Heart never get ornaments

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Raine.6718

Raine.6718

completed quest to the collection chest & double checked that it is unlocked with one ornament. Have spent 3 days doing jps and only getting wrecked wintersday ornaments. Got new letter from orphan laine went on and opened it again hoping it was to fix the issue. Have done 3 more jps since the new orphan letter & still only getting the wrecked ornaments. I know the ornaments for collection are not guaranteed but I’ve completed probably 8 or more jps now & gotten nothing which seems ridiculous. Went back to Laine but grawnk was gone so the letter didn’t reset anything. I don’t want to waste any more time doing jps if there is an issue with this but don’t see anything in forums. Also it seems like this started when I got to end of chaos crystal cavern & there was nothing in the chest at all.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Perhaps, you are attempting to gather the ornaments from the wrong sources:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Warming_Grawnk%27s_Heart#For_the_Children.21

Good luck.

Raine.6718

No I’m using the jps on the page you referenced. But thanks for suggestion.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, not all ornaments must be acquired through JPs. The Norn one doesn’t, nor does the Orrian one.

So, if you don’t have those two, you can easily get those.

Good luck.

Posted by: ChoChoBo.6503

ChoChoBo.6503

Collect the missing ornaments. Chests in the world will have bonus loot of Mysterious Grubby Package, of which will contain the relative ornament. Although these packages have a high chance to drop the items, it is not guaranteed. Further, in order to receive the ornaments, you will need to have acquired the Holiday Display Case (from Grawnk Munch) and unlock the collection prior to opening any of the chests.

Basically its all RNG. If you don’t have the collections unlocked then its a guaranteed broken ornament. With the collections, its a chance to getting it.

If you feel like you’re not getting it at all, maybe you didn’t activate the collections. Did you double click the Display Case? If its still in your inventory, then you didn’t activate the collections and everything you get will be guaranteed broken.

Raine.6718

I activated the collections got one ornament 3 days ago. None since. It just seems odd. I’ll do the norn one and see. But it does seem like the collections are not unlocked and I thought it was odd that another orphan letter was sent out.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Everyone got the extra Orphan letter. Just a mistake/bug for the New Year. =)

You may have just been unlucky.

Good luck.

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

I went by Dulfy’s guide and got an ornament for the collection from each JP chest in the list. It’s safe to say you are pretty guaranteed to get them from these jumping puzzles. The only exception is I never made it to the JP in Cursed Shore since it was a long walk across the map because I hadn’t explored it yet. I managed to get the Golden Ball from a regular chest in Cursed Shore and completed the collection.

http://dulfy.net/2014/12/16/gw2-warming-grawnks-heart-wintersday-guide/#For_the_Children_Collection

There’s something charming about rangers.

Posted by: Dan.4398

Dan.4398

I had this happen to me for about 20 or so jumping puzzles. I thought it was just bad luck as people told me it wasn’t a 100% thing. I found that upon switching character i could receive them again.
So my question to you is have you tried a jumping puzzle on another character on your account as you might have been affected by a bug as i was.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

It’s not RNG. It depends entirely on the design of the chest from which you acquire the Mysterious Grubby Package (MGP). After unlocking the collection, the first MGP you open from each chest type will contain the ornament you need; before or after that, you will get a junk item. (You can also collect MGPs in advance of completion and save them until you have the collection unlocked; like any container, the contents are determined when you open, not when you acquire the MGPs.)

All of the chest types are available at the end of JPs, although many JPs don’t have a relevant type and I believe each chest type can be found outside JPs, too.

Last I checked, if you stick to either Dulfy’s or the wiki’s list, you’ll be fine — there are many, many other sources, though.

It is also account based; you won’t receive two of the same ornaments and you can go hunting on any or all your characters.

To reiterate the information posted elsewhere, you need chests that have the:

• Asura design, found in some Metrica JPs
  • Sylvari design, found in some Caledon JPs
  • Orrian design, found in Orr.
  • Human design, found in some Kryta JPs, including Sharkmaw (but not the other LA puzzles iirc).
  • Charr design, found in some Ascalon JPs.
John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Raine.6718

Switching toons fixed the issue, ty Dan. Btw was following guides on wiki and dulfy.net & certain had the collection unlocked. Been playing since gw – pretty sure it was glitched/bugged.

Posted by: kaede.4751

kaede.4751

To reiterate the information posted elsewhere, you need chests that have the:

• Asura design, found in some Metrica JPs
  • Sylvari design, found in some Caledon JPs
  • Orrian design, found in Orr.
  • Human design, found in some Kryta JPs, including Sharkmaw (but not the other LA puzzles iirc).
  • Charr design, found in some Ascalon JPs.

For anyone else who’s still trying to get all their ornaments, Drydock Scratch is actually a good option. Pretty much every time I run that jp, I’ll get two Mysterious Grubby Packages. I did that a few days in a row, got six, opened them all after I unlocked the collection and it gave me four of the Wintersday ornaments. I didn’t pay attention to the types of chests I was opening but either there’s a greater variety of chest types there than I realised, or it’s actually not as cut-and-dried as “you must open this kind of chest to get this ornament”.

The only ones I got outside of Drydock were the Sylvari one (from Spelunker’s Delve in Caledon Forest) and the Orrian one (at the bottom of Hope Falls in Malchor’s Leap).

Hope that simplifies things a bit, you really DON’T need to go haring all over Tyria for this …

Posted by: Yifang.8260

Yifang.8260

To clear things up JP chests are not a requirement neither do the chest have to be found in the racial region. My asuran ornament was collected at the lab JP in Caledon forest and my girlfriend got hers from Bloodtide coast’s JP.

I also got my Orrian ball from the 1st small chest I found in Straits of Devastation.

Now while every chest gave me what I needed, my girlfriend has either very bad luck or there’s some bugs present. Charr ornament was easy enough, 1st JP presto and same for Krytan. Asuran she didn’t get, we opened a non JP sylvari chest same result. Morgan’s leap, again…. Chest in the ground level of the dark reverie same, she didn’t complete that JP but was able to get the ornament from the easy Caledon JP. The Norn ornament proved very laborious, went to at least 5 JP chests all failed, was the chest in the windy cave in Lornar’s Pass that gave her the ornament! Asuran was given 2nd JP so not so bad….

So that leaves Orr, the easy one. Nope, we looted maybe 20 chests over several hrs, stubbornly the game won’t give her what she needs, just wrecked and broken junk. We went to all but 1 of Orr’s JPs, something’s wrong here!

Posted by: Dan.4398

Dan.4398

I only ask this as it seems to be the case for me and a few others and it has solved the issue.
Has she tried opening any orrian chests on a different character on her account or were they all attempted by the same one?
If it was the same one i would suggest attempting one with a different character.