Warrior Bugs (Updated and Consolidated)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

I’ll keep it short and simple! Here, I’m going to try to consolidate all Warrior bugs! Please feel free to add additional ones, and how to replicate. I’ll update as I confirm! Thanks for the support everyone!

Easily reproduced bugs

Some channel skills cancel when the target enters Stealth
How to reproduce: Cast Greatsword skill 2, Hundred Blades on a targeted Thief, and have the thief enter stealth. The 100b skill will cancel most of the time. This also affects other channeled skills, such as Greatsword 5 Rush.

Longbow Burst does not activate Berserkers Power
How to reproduce: Simply use the Longbow burst skill. It cannot activate Berserkers Power currently.

Weaker Berserkers Power will overwrite a Stronger Version
How to reproduce: Use any level 3 burst skill and gain the Berserkers power buff. Then swap weapons and use a level 1 burst skill. The level 1 Berserkers Power (10% damage) will delete and overwrite the level 3 (20% damage)

Note: This may be a design flaw, rather that an outright bug. If so, two solutions exist.
1. Allow all Berserkers Power buffs to co-exist, but only the strongest applies.
2. Change Berserkers Power to be a stackable buff, +5% per stack, up to a max of 4. Burst Rank 1 provides 2 stacks, 2 provides 3 stacks, and 3 provides 4 stacks. This way the Rank 1 burst stacks will overwrite 2 stacks of the Rank 3, providing the +20% for the proper duration, and then dropping back to +10% for the remainder, so no duration is lost.

Blademaster Trait cooldown reduction does not affect Riposte
How to reproduce: The displayed cooldown is the reduced cooldown, but the skill often goes on the full non-reduced cooldown upon use.

Thick Skin only adds 20 toughness
How to reproduce: Just equip and then unequip the defense tree.

Quickness reduces the distance covered by Greatsword 3 Whirlwind, and Greatsword 5 Rush
How to reproduce: Simply activate quickness (like the frenzy skill) and use GS3 or 5. The distance moved is greatly reduced.

Healing skill “To the limit” is not triggering Trooper Runes
How to reproduce: Simply equip the rune set, get a condi, and then use “To The Limit.” The condi should be removed, but it isn’t.

Going underwater while in combat, with the fast hands trait, triggers a weapon swap cooldown
How to Reproduce: Trait for fast hands, enter combat, and dive into the water.

Bulls Charge with Warriors Sprint does not properly remove immobilize
How to Reproduce: Equip Bulls Charge skill, and Warriors Sprint trait. Get the immobilize condition from an enemy, and then use Bulls Charge. The condition is removed, BUT Bulls Charge still keeps the Warrior stationary as if they were immobilized.
Here is a Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdG6hvmAHFQ

Intermittent bugs
These are harder to reproduce, or only happen randomly or under as-yet undiscovered conditions. However I have personally confirmed that all bugs here are real and can occur.

Greatsword 3 Whirlwind sends the character in the wrong direction
How to reproduce: Occasionally, the character will Whirlwind in a direction that does not match the direction indicated by the Mouse Cursor and Whirl directional icon on the ground. This seems to only happen when trying to use the skill right after another skill or weapon swap, leading me to believe it is a skill-queue related bug.

Greatsword 3 and 5 briefly prevents movement upon completion
How to reproduce: Occasionally, after casting Greatsword 3 Whirlwind or Greatsword 5 Rush, upon skill completion, the character will be ‘stuck’ in place and unable to move, for roughly 1-2 seconds. This happens randomly, roughly once out of every 20 to 30 uses.

Versatile Rage does not always provide adrenaline upon swap while in combat
How to reproduce: Occasionally, Versatile Rage will not provide the 5 adrenaline on weapon swap. I have been able to sometimes reproduce this sometimes but not reliably. It occurs most often when I start on Hammer, enter combat by damaging a foe, and then swap to Greatsword. This only appears to happen during the first swap as well.

I will edit and update as bugs get discovered/fixed.

(edited by Dand.8231)

Dand.8231

Updated with two new confirmed bugs!

Dand.8231

Added another confirmed bug

Dand.8231

Have not seen any of these bugs fixed just yet, all appear to be unresolved.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for putting this together, Dand

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Fortra.5918

Fortra.5918

@Dand.8231
The minor trait “Thick Skin” in the defense line is bugged/broke. It only gives 20 toughness instead of 120. This occus in PvE, sPvP, WvW and does not matter whether you are in/out of combat.

Dand.8231

@Dand.8231
The minor trait “Thick Skin” in the defense line is bugged/broke. It only gives 20 toughness instead of 120. This occus in PvE, sPvP, WvW and does not matter whether you are in/out of combat.

Thanks, but it’s already on the list.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Add in that they forgot to add the “Inspiring Banners” trait. They said it’d become baseline or merged with the banner regen trait in Discipline but they forgot about it.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

I know you already added it,but i doubt the berserk power overwriting is a bug,i think it’s intended and don’t see anything wrong with it though.Atleast this way you have to be careful with making another burst too soon so you keep that damage up and only try to burst when you’re full on adren.
I think your first solution to this would be best.

Posted by: KazualGamer.1294

KazualGamer.1294

We should also talk about the fact that bladetrail (GS4) is some time not returning, for unknown reason

[CoN]Circle of Nine – Warrior (Retired)
[iNk] Insidious Blink – Warrior (Retired)
[NB] Net Brutality – Warrior (Apply)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

We should also talk about the fact that bladetrail (GS4) is some time not returning, for unknown reason

That’s because the bladetrail projectile hits a surface with collision. It will only return if the projectile doesn’t touch anything like walls, rocks etc. This isn’t a bug and it has always been this way.

Dand.8231

Bladetrail isn’t a ‘bug’ exactly, just somewhat poor design. It does get victimized by the projectile “obstructed” bug from time to time, however.

Dand.8231

Just a quick bump since NONE of these appear to have been fixed. Correct me if im wrong.

Dand.8231

Redid the format and added new bugs

(edited by Dand.8231)

Posted by: Krypto.2069

Krypto.2069

@Dand, thanks for doing this list.

I have another bug to contribute…

With Warrior’s Sprint traited, movement skills remove immobilization; however, this is BUGGED regarding Bull’s Charge. When depressed, Bull’s Charge “does” remove the immobilization (condition icon disappears), but the warrior does not charge 600 units. The animation happens, but he stays in the same spot as if immobilized.

The Proof: http://youtu.be/JdG6hvmAHFQ

In my video, the mob will put the first immobilization on me and I use Savage Leap (Sword 2) to illustrate how Warrior’s Sprint’s effect is working correctly with a skill – it removes the immobilization and then I leap… no problem.

When the second immobilization is put on me by the same mob, I use Bull’s Charge. Notice how the immobilization icon immediately disappears, but unlike Savage Leap, I don’t move at all – BUGGED.

When the 3rd and last immobilization is put on me, I just stand there to show how long an immobilization lasts on me if I don’t do any movement skills.

Please add this to the list. I really count on this working in WvW when I’m hemmed up and taking an kitten-whooping… haha! Thank you!

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: Avis.8375

Avis.8375

Quickness reduces the distance covered by Greatsword 3 Whirlwind, and Greatsword 5 Rush
How to reproduce: Simply activate quickness (like the frenzy skill) and use GS3 or 5. The distance moved is greatly reduced.

quickness has always worked this way with movement skills and its actually usefull on warrior

edit: if you think this should have been changed with the june 23th patch, the notes only speak of “Movement-speed adjustments” which doesnt include slow or quickness

(edited by Avis.8375)

Dand.8231

I have another bug to contribute.

Added. Thanks Krypto!

Dand.8231

quickness has always worked this way with movement skills and its actually usefull on warrior

edit: if you think this should have been changed with the june 23th patch, the notes only speak of “Movement-speed adjustments” which doesnt include slow or quickness

I strongly feel it is a bug. Here’s my logic:

The skills state the distance covered.

Quickness and Slow only affect the speed of skill execution, not range. For example they dont make projectiles travel further, nor do they make blink or teleport shorter or longer range.

The distance should not vary, only the time it takes to cover that distance.

Now the bug here is that these skills do NOT actually have the distance hardcoded into them. What they have is a channel time, and a travel speed. Quickness alters the channel time, but not the movement speed.

Heres the simple math behind the bugs:

GS3 Whirlwind is channel 0.75s and range 450, which gives it a travel speed of 600 per 1s.
GS5 Rush is channel 2s, and range 1200, for a travel speed of 600 per 1s also.

So for GS3 Whirlwind, Cast time of 0.75 divided by Quickness 1.5 = 0.5 Cast time. 0.5 x speed 600 = 300 units of distance covered.

Rush is the same. Cast time of (2 / 1.5) x 600 = 800 distance.

When you look at it like this and realize the range is not hardcoded in but a function of channel time multiplied by movement rate, it seems pretty obvious that the interaction with Quickness/Slow is unintentional.

Edit: The fix would be easy, just for Whirlwind and Rush, have the movement rate get modified too. Quickness would multiply the movement rate by 1.5 while slow would divide the movement rate by 1.5. The resulting math would be….

Normal Rush: 2 × 600 = 1200 covered
Slow Rush (2 * 1.5) x (600 / 1.5) = 1200 covered
Quickness Rush: (2 / 1.5) x (600 × 1.5) = 1199.7 covered

Close enough!

(edited by Dand.8231)

Krypto.2069

I strongly feel it is a bug. Here’s my logic:

The skills state the distance covered.

Quickness and Slow only affect the speed of skill execution, not range. For example they dont make projectiles travel further, nor do they make blink or teleport shorter or longer range.

The distance should not vary, only the time it takes to cover that distance.

Now the bug here is that these skills do NOT actually have the distance hardcoded into them. What they have is a channel time, and a travel speed. Quickness alters the channel time, but not the movement speed.

Heres the simple math behind the bugs:

GS3 Whirlwind is channel 0.75s and range 450, which gives it a travel speed of 600 per 1s.
GS5 Rush is channel 2s, and range 1200, for a travel speed of 600 per 1s also.

So for GS3 Whirlwind, Cast time of 0.75 divided by Quickness 1.5 = 0.5 Cast time. 0.5 x speed 600 = 300 units of distance covered.

Rush is the same. Cast time of (2 / 1.5) x 600 = 800 distance.

When you look at it like this and realize the range is not hardcoded in but a function of channel time multiplied by movement rate, it seems pretty obvious that the interaction with Quickness/Slow is unintentional.

Edit: The fix would be easy, just for Whirlwind and Rush, have the movement rate get modified too. Quickness would multiply the movement rate by 1.5 while slow would divide the movement rate by 1.5. The resulting math would be….

Normal Rush: 2 × 600 = 1200 covered
Slow Rush (2 * 1.5) x (600 / 1.5) = 1200 covered
Quickness Rush: (2 / 1.5) x (600 × 1.5) = 1199.7 covered

Close enough!

I’m not sure if you’re a “dude,” Dand, but… “You Da Man, Dand!!”

Thank you for explaining how this can be fixed, and hopefully Anet Development puts your logic into their code to fix this distance problem for everybody when Quickness/Slow is applied!

And thanks for what you’re doing in this thread for the Warrior community!
CHEERS!

Moonlight [THRU]

Dand.8231

I’m not sure if you’re a “dude,” Dand, but… “You Da Man, Dand!!”

Thank you for explaining how this can be fixed, and hopefully Anet Development puts your logic into their code to fix this distance problem for everybody when Quickness/Slow is applied!

And thanks for what you’re doing in this thread for the Warrior community!
CHEERS!

Hah, thanks.

I have a nifty post in the War subforum regarding Warrior Toughness Math too, if you’re bored and curious about that stuff. Not all of us Warriors are brainless meatheads :P

Dand.8231

Updated and edited the main post to reflect the current status!

Posted by: achilleez.2750

achilleez.2750

Bumping this for all my fellow warriors

Krypto.2069

@Dand, thanks for doing this list.

I have another bug to contribute…

With Warrior’s Sprint traited, movement skills remove immobilization; however, this is BUGGED regarding Bull’s Charge. When depressed, Bull’s Charge “does” remove the immobilization (condition icon disappears), but the warrior does not charge 600 units. The animation happens, but he stays in the same spot as if immobilized.

The Proof: http://youtu.be/JdG6hvmAHFQ

As per the 08-25-2015 release notes, This BUG IS INDEED FIXED!!!

I’ve tested it and it’s working great now! Thanks Anet! I can now play my Warrior with confidence again as I feel a lot more mobile in WvW combat!

Moonlight [THRU]

Posted by: TheBlackLeech.9360

TheBlackLeech.9360

Here is another bug…. the trait fast hands should reduce weapon swap time…. but instead it sets the amount of time to 5 seconds.

You may think…. hey 5 seconds is the right amount of time, tho right? but there is a problem when it comes to pinking up and dropping bundles.

If your weapon swap is on cooldown and you pick up an ice bow or something…. you will be unable to drop it until 5 seconds has passed.

Extremely annoying.

Also… props for noticing that 100b thief stealth thing… I’ve complained about it so many times and have yet to see a fix…. and I’m happy to know that I’m not just losing my mind and that it happens to other people too.