Warrior Melee Weapon Range bugged

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kharr.5746

Kharr.5746

Warrior melee weapons do not have a consistent attack arc. (Note: This may apply to other classes with melee weapons)

1) Melee weapons are hitting in a 180 degree arc, making it possible to hit things that are beside you.

2) The range for the attack to the side is greater than the range for the attack when facing the enemy.

3) The range on melee attacks is significantly larger than the animation for the attack.

This can be seen in the attached screenshot. Currently, it is better to NOT face enemies when attacking since there is increased range. The 180 degree arc is also problematic in PvP since it makes melee attacks nearly impossible to avoid.

Attachments:

Posted by: DryHumour.1307

DryHumour.1307

In addition to the range often being greater than the animation would suggest, it is often also the case that the “out of range” red bar indicator on the skill can be on, but the attack will still connect.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

I noticed this with ranged weapons aswell.
With ranger arrows and my ele staff’s fireball for example.

When the red bar under the skill just turns red (indicating i am just out of range), i could still shoot an arrow or a fireball. They would travel in the direction of the foe and still hit the foe.