Warrior: No stance in Balanced stance tooltip

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: nicknamenick.2437

nicknamenick.2437

Balanced stance is missing the category “Stance” in his tooltip.
Minor bug i know..

Also the Last stand trait has different tooltip on balanced stance compared to balanced stance itself.

(edited by nicknamenick.2437)

nicknamenick.2437

Reported it in game also

nicknamenick.2437

change the tooltip pls, how hard can it be? 1min work?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

change the tooltip pls, how hard can it be? 1min work?

First, it’s not one minute mark. Text changes have to be made in three languages, spot-checked for the UI, etc. Second, it might not be a text change — the ‘better’ way to code it would be to have a widget check the skill type and display the name as part of the text (thus, if you change a skill from a stance to a shout, then you don’t also have to worry about the three languages and so on, since it happens automatically); if so, that would take longer.

Finally, no matter how easy or hard a change is, someone has to make it, someone has to QA it, and someone has to queue it up to be included in the live build (not along with the other changes that aren’t approved yet). None of that is necessarily hard; it’s just not free.

My annoyance is less with how long it takes to fix minor things like this, but what sort of hole in their QA net allowed it to happen in the first place — it’s always much easier to take care of this stuff before it’s in the live game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

nicknamenick.2437

QA net allowed it to happen in the first place — it’s always much easier to take care of this stuff before it’s in the live game.

I made a topic about QA some weeks ago.
It was removed the same day.

(it was about that Anet barely has a QA because how else can you NOT see those simple mistakes/bugs, changing a weapon trait but not checking the weapon itself.. stuff like that)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

QA net allowed it to happen in the first place — it’s always much easier to take care of this stuff before it’s in the live game.

I made a topic about QA some weeks ago.
It was removed the same day.

(it was about that Anet barely has a QA because how else can you NOT see those simple mistakes/bugs, changing a weapon trait but not checking the weapon itself.. stuff like that)

while I’m not happy with the bugs that get through, it’s not accurate to suggest that ANet “barely has a QA” — the game is vast, there are tons and tons of interacting bits; it’s amazing that it works as well as it does. I suspect (without evidence other than my experience with companies that have had similar problems) that this is a matter of coordination, not QA — team A makes a change that affects team B’s work or something that team C did ages ago (but forgot to fully document) and so on. In any case, it takes a lot of effort just to deliver adequate QA.

Put another way: ANet can (and imo should ) do better, but all the same, they already deliver amazing content and most of us hardly see (or notice) game-stopping bugs.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”