Warrior Trait: Furious

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Dand.8231

Dand.8231

The previous description prior to the 15th path was “Critical Hit’s Grant Triple Adrenaline” which worked correctly.

Now, however, the Trait reads “Critical Hits grant Bonus Adrenaline: 1”
After testing, I have confirmed it’s granting the +1 Adrenaline as it says.

However, reading the Patch Notes, I see no mention of Furious, which rules out an open nerf. The other possibility is that it was a stealth nerf, but a Dev in the Warrior forum confirmed there were no stealth nerfs. That leaves only 1 possibility: this must be a bug!

Dand.8231

Anyone else notice this bug?

I’ve confirmed it is indeed granting only 2 adrenaline on a crit ! normal and +1 from trait), whereas previously it was granting 3 (1 normal x3 from the trait)

Dand.8231

I cant be the only person who noticed this!

It almost looks like a stealth nerf, except that it was confirmed there are no intended stealth nerfs….
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Remember-to-report-bugs/first#post3069626

Thus, this must either be a bug, or unintended stealth nerf…. which is essentially a bug!

Dand.8231

As of last night, still shows up as +1 adrenaline instead of x3.
Thus, bump!

Dand.8231

Still present!
I’ll continue to check and update/bump this regularly

Dand.8231

Still present!

Posted by: lunyboy.8672

lunyboy.8672

On the other hand, crafting grants adrenaline… sooooo

Miss Fisthammer – Engineer | Urgard Fistorsen – Guardian
Physti – Elementalist | Fistful of Blades – Thief
[WHIP] Quaggan Slavers – HoD

Dand.8231

On the other hand, crafting grants adrenaline… sooooo

Wait, what???

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

It seems more like a bug fix, not a nerf. Why on earth should crits grant triple adrenaline? Even +1 on every crit is nearly double regen considering how often crits occur on full Precision builds and similar with Warrior’s fury uptime…

Traits aren’t meant to be really powerful, only moderate bonuses.

Edit: According to the Wiki history (http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Furious&oldid=651979) it was always behaving this way. The person working on it simply fixed the tooltip error as I suspected, thus it is a bug fix.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

(edited by Hannelore.8153)

Dand.8231

Still present!

Dand.8231

Still present!

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Dandi, follow the link that Hannelore gave above: it shows a wiki edit around this. The issue is it stated giving tripple adrenaline on a crit, but only gave double. You state that it gave tripple adrenaline like it claimed in the tooltip – we have a disparity here. You claim it worked one way in a previous version, the wiki claims a different way. We cannot go back to the old version to see how it really worked.

Is your purpose to call ANet on a stealth nerf? (I don’t see this as such, given the wiki link). Is your purpose to see a bug fixed? (not a bug: the feature works consistent with its documentation)

Other than the remote chance of eliciting a comment from ANet on this, I don’t see how anything is going to happen for this.
//Portable Corpse

Regardless… If a tool tip correction is made about the effectiveness of an ability, it should have had mention in the patch notes to avoid this kind of confusion.

Dand.8231

Is your purpose to call ANet on a stealth nerf?
Is your purpose to see a bug fixed?

My purpose is simple; see my post above. I’ll quote myself…

I cant be the only person who noticed this!

It almost looks like a stealth nerf, except that it was confirmed there are no intended stealth nerfs….
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/warrior/Remember-to-report-bugs/first#post3069626

Thus, this must either be a bug, or unintended stealth nerf…. which is essentially a bug!

It said triple, and for a time was triple. Maybe they bugged it at some point down to double? Wouldn’t surprise me given ANets track record.

Thus, my purpose should be obvious: I’m trying to draw attention to this so they can confirm it either as an intended stealth nerf, or bug/unintended change, and take the proper corrective action either in the path notes (in the case of a nerf) or fixing the trait (in the case of a bug/unintended change.)

(edited by Dand.8231)

Posted by: Yamagawa.5941

Yamagawa.5941

Hum… The bug note on the wiki is from August. The text was updated in October, so figure the disparity was discovered and then promptly acted on — the timing fits about what I’d expect of a patch (with a little extra time for ANet to come across the bug note and add it to a todo list…)

So this does look like a possible nerf (intended or otherwise…)…

Q1) is the trait as it is currently over/under balanced?
Q2) if the current function is not imbalanced and was really changed, how does ANet confirm this? ‘Yeah, it changed. No it’s not broken, no it wasn’t broken, no we arn’t changing it back, sorry for the confusion’?

They may be in an awkward position, or there may be other factors involved which us players can’t see, rendering this into a completely different kind of issue… Or they may simply say ‘currently working fine’ and ignore the issue.

Best of luck getting an answer. Half of me wants to know what happened here, half of me would prefer to not find out directly about any game internals, and the answer might lie there.

//Portable Corpse
The nice thing about open source games is you can code dive to see for yourself what has changed. The bad thing about open source games is that you can code dive…