Waypoints

Waypoints

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Okay, so lorewise, we pay a tax to the asura so they maintain that waypoints are working properly, and as intended, right?
So, if a waypoint is not working as intended, can I ask for a travel refund?

This is a very specific issue;
The three waypoints between Melandrus temple, and the two straight east of it, are randomly contested, you heard that right, randomly.
When you travel into the map, to any of these three waypoints, there’s a 50/50 chance if the waypoint is NOT contested, you will STILL get warped to a random faraway location.
So, I select the waypoint in Melandru’s Temple,
I arrive elsewhere, Abaddon knows where, and get the message it was contested.
I look straight at the map and see it’s not contested. Now, the first time, you’d think “But you just arrived when the event was ongoing, you were propably in the loading screen when it finished”, and you’re probably right, I’d have believed you the first, maybe the second time. But it becomes questionable the third time, doubtful the tenth time, and half a year later, I feel like the Asura have just stopped debugging their waypoint software. If we are to pay taxes, we demand proper maintenance of the waypoints, that’s how economics and refunding works.

Waypoints

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought contested Waypoints don’t show up on the map; only ‘in person’. No?

Waypoints

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

I thought contested Waypoints don’t show up on the map; only ‘in person’. No?

It does. However, due Megaserver thing only the ones in the map you are currently in are showed as contested if it was caused by an event. Other than that, only permanently contested ones (like ones “broken” during LS Season 2) are showed that way wherever you are in the world.

Waypoints

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Ahh, ok, thanks.