Weapon Swap - 3 Second freeze delay after

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

This seems to be a recent issue, so lets just place it as a screw up from the last patch.

If you try to weapon swap during a channeling skill and attack the game craps bricks. You end up standing there for 3 seconds, unable to move or attack. 3 seconds is a ridiculously long time.

Appears to be a warrior only class bug / burst skill bug. Resulting in a 3 second character freeze on weapon swap.

Example chain: Flurry -> swap -> 100b. Character breaks.

After testing different classes with different channel cancels and combos here are the results.

The bug OCCURS on:
Warrior

The bug does NOT OCCUR on:
Necromancer
Guardian
Ranger
Thief
Elementalist

Does this appear to be a warrior class / class mechanic bug? It is utterly frustrating to be frozen for 3 seconds.

Thank you very much for getting around to fixing the core of the game asap. And bull’s charge and Rush while you’re at it.

Edit: Nope, even if I wait half a second to a second before switching, same 3 second character freeze glitch.

Edit: Holding strafe while weapon swapping allows you to move, but your character runs off in that direction not able to move or attack, then carries out the command in the middle of no where.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Posted by: skyz.7321

skyz.7321

Bump. Bug still happens. As usual no word on fixing or looking at.

Posted by: Realist.5812

Realist.5812

Bug still occurs with warrior burst skills.

If you weapon switch too fast after hitting burst, character CANNOT ATTACK AT ALL for 2-3 seconds.

Main reason for switching out of burst is after Flurry (sword), switching too fast results in being locked out of attacking.

ALL IS VAIN.
PvP modes are the “endgame” in every MMO.
Stop failing at PvE, start fixing PvP/WvW. Thank you.

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

If you weapon switch too fast after hitting burst, character CANNOT ATTACK AT ALL for 2-3 seconds.

Main reason for switching out of burst is after Flurry (sword), switching too fast results in being locked out of attacking.

no it is not exist anymore . i burst a lot of times just now and i switched to other weapon with no problem and i continued to attack

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

no it is not exist anymore . i burst a lot of times just now and i switched to other weapon with no problem and i continued to attack

Who the hell are you? You have spent an awful lot of time posting that bugs are fixed when they are not, indeed, fixed.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

Posted by: Erus Keb.8379

Erus Keb.8379

I want to say that I saw this happen a long time ago. I Just tried this on my war without having the issue. Sword/shield, GreatSword. Flurry→swap→100b.

Which would lead me to think that it is caused by a trait/sigil/rune etc. For those experiencing it, may want to clear traits and see if it still happens as that is free to change now.