Website issue (gw2 store)

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Hi ! I’m having issues with the gw2 store (i want to buy 2 hot expansions, one for me and one for my gf). Sadly, i can’t see anything but text (no price, no image) and it seems even if i use the “add to cart” link, my cart ends up being empty. I’m using firefox (latest version) and have deactivated adblock and ghostery so i’m not sure what’s up.
I did notice a “en_IE” in the adress bar, maybe that’s the issue ?
http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_IE/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

What can i do ? Do i have to use IE to buy it ? xD

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Mine, through Firefox, looks like this:

http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/gw2/en_US/html/pbPage.heartofthorns

so, I’m guessing the ‘IE’ or ‘US’ has to do with language or country.

When I click on your link, it automatically turns into …/en_US/…

Posted by: Fenrir.6183

Fenrir.6183

Okies…Well i used my phone to buy it so it’s ok. Still have the same issue on my comp but well…it’s not much of an issue since i bought the expansions i wanted anyway.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Congratulations. Might just check the languages in your browser.

Posted by: Ester Sauter

Ester Sauter

GW2 QA Lead

Hi Fenrir,

I’m sorry you had to do a work around, we really want everyone to be able to buy things from our sites! I’m trying to reproduce this so we can fix the problem. The “en_IE” doesn’t mean Internet Explorer, it means you were forwarded to our ‘English Europe’ site so if you are not over in Europe there may be a setting or a proxy that makes your browser think you are.

I’ve gone to that specific site with Firefox and I am not seeing the issue at this time. If you get a spare moment could you try again and then PM me with the details?

Again I’m sorry it was such a pain and we are really happy that you and your girlfriend are going to be able to enjoy HoT and everything that comes with it!

Posted by: Syronus.7605

Syronus.7605

For me the content is being blocked by Firefox on this page because of tracking protection. To view the page normally you need to click the shield in the top left and allow just for this session to see the page.