Weird teleporting bug...

Weird teleporting bug...

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

Earlier tonight I experienced an issue where I kept getting teleported away from a toxic spore node in Kessex Hills. Specifically, the one NW of the Kessex Haven WP, about halfway to the mine.

I’ll spare you the gory details. Just wondering if anyone else had anything weird like this happen to them tonight. A lot of people hang out around these nodes, so I’m figuring a non-zero chance one of you readers might corroborate the weirdness for me. I would’ve recorded it if I wasn’t so lazy about clearing my raw video drive…grrr.

Weird teleporting bug...

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Maybe you were being ported away from the node because a GM thought you were afk farming? There was a post a day or 2 back where someone said they were whispered by an ANet staff person when they were standing by a toxic spore node waiting for it to respawn.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Weird teleporting bug...

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I just read a Reddit thread about Chris Cleary dealing with afk farmers in Bitterfrost by teleporting them and/or their spider targets around. There could be more such action going on throughout Tyria.

Weird teleporting bug...

Just a flesh wound.3589

Interesting. I looked it up and here’s the Reddit thread

https://m.imgur.com/r/Guildwars2/0awj4eE
[ChrisCleary]
Context of screenshot snippit – Ranger walked up to me at a berry spawn, started his trap macro (multiple traps being laid down, healing spring and Axe 5), and proceeded to go afk for the next 10 minutes while spamming skills in the exact same order after I plopped him outside of the berry spawn.

ANet may give it to you.

Weird teleporting bug...

Kruhljak.2705

Thanks for the reference guys. This certainly seems like it could’ve been the case, because although I never use bots or macros or whatever, I do plop one or two of my alts down at toxic spore nodes, and since they’re usually rangers, also set a trap on auto-cast as a precaution. I set a reminder timer while I do something else on another account, and come back to manually harvest the node when it’s ripe. It never occurred to me it could be a GM (I thought it might be a lag/sync bug of some sort) because this sort of thing has been being done forever (by a lot of people) and nothing like this has ever happened before.

As far as I know it remains perfectly legal to park yourself at a node and go afk, whether you’re returning to harvest manually, or you’ve gone out to dinner. The issue referenced on the Reddit thread is clearly blatant use of macros, if not a bot program, which is entirely different.

Weird teleporting bug...

Just a flesh wound.3589

I suggest you stop putting down the trap. Any skill on autocast while afk will get you in trouble.

ANet may give it to you.

Weird teleporting bug...

Kruhljak.2705

Yep, I knocked that part off immediately. Also started parking myself a little ways from the cluster, if for no other reason than to disassociate myself from the usual crowds huddled around them.