Weyandt's Revenge pitch black at torches maze

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Grandizer.6278

Grandizer.6278

I’ve done this JP hundreds of times. The first puzzle section where the glowing orb shows up, you follow the torches to go through the walls that you can walk through to get to the other side, is pitch black. You can’t see anything except for the very entrance area where the orb is. It’s as black as the very last section where you jump on the pillars, waiting for the light to come on to see. I’ve always ran into that first section and just ran the correct path with no issue. Did something change?

Also, I noticed in Diessa, there is a spider nest cave area where a champ is in the back. Near the champ is a small path to the left that is overexposed in contrast and the textures are like glowing silver. The character also takes on this effect. You can see the difference in the lighting from the rest of the cave walls.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There have been many threads/posts about the lighting anomalies in caves, etc.

Hopefully, the Devs will or have figure(d) out what causes it and patch a solution, soon.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I’ve done this JP hundreds of times. The first puzzle section where the glowing orb shows up, you follow the torches to go through the walls that you can walk through to get to the other side, is pitch black. You can’t see anything except for the very entrance area where the orb is. It’s as black as the very last section where you jump on the pillars, waiting for the light to come on to see. I’ve always ran into that first section and just ran the correct path with no issue. Did something change?

Also, I noticed in Diessa, there is a spider nest cave area where a champ is in the back. Near the champ is a small path to the left that is overexposed in contrast and the textures are like glowing silver. The character also takes on this effect. You can see the difference in the lighting from the rest of the cave walls.

I haven’t been to Diessa in a few days, but I completed the Wayandt’s Revenge JP last night and I did not run into the issues you describe. I had some concerns about lighting, but it was system related and I found things were more visible (and lighting was more adjustable) for me if I play in full-screen mode rather than my usual windowed mode. Moving to full-screen wouldn’t address a technical issue, but I wonder if you’ve tried that.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

me and my gf had an issue with this as well. the torches cast no light at all in the maze, only the glowing orb that you’re supposed to follow around (but only one person can see that).

we both play full screen mode, so that wasn’t the issue.

edit: added a screenie I took just now. you can see the faint purple glow of the torch on the right side that isn’t casting any light.

it gets slightly lighter with light adaptation turned on (which I don’t play with), but the torches still cast no light.

Attachments:

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

(edited by nottsgman.8206)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I completed the Wayandt’s Revenge JP last night

I thought I spied a ranger with a small frog on her shoulder, but I thought I was imagining things, since there is (as yet) no frog-themed armor.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Previous

Gaile Gray

Next

me and my gf had an issue with this as well. the torches cast no light at all in the maze, only the glowing orb that you’re supposed to follow around (but only one person can see that).

we both play full screen mode, so that wasn’t the issue.

edit: added a screenie I took just now. you can see the faint purple glow of the torch on the right side that isn’t casting any light.

it gets slightly lighter with light adaptation turned on (which I don’t play with), but the torches still cast no light.

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. Good to know you were playing in full-screen, as I’m often surprised how much lighting changes when I flip between the two modes. I’ll see if a team member can cast an eye (if not some light ) on this subject.

I completed the Wayandt’s Revenge JP last night

I thought I spied a ranger with a small frog on her shoulder, but I thought I was imagining things, since there is (as yet) no frog-themed armor.

Ah I didn’t see you, sorry I missed the chance to say “howdy.” Funny you should say what you did, because I actually was playing with a small Siamese kitty on my shoulder. Franklin is a dedicated gamer, even though I sometimes make him jump when I pound the “jump-you-feckless-Ranger-dang-you!” space bar too hard.

In truth, I probably missed you because I am pretty terrible at JPs so I was very, very focused. I swear, there should be an achievement: “Go Go Rescue Ranger: Res Gaile at the bottom of a JP.” The only problem is, everyone in the game would get it, so why bother?

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet

(edited by Gaile Gray.6029)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Yeah, I just checked for myself, and it’s definitely way darker than it was before even in Fullscreen. You can see better with the gamma turned up closer to max, but it’s still different from how it was before.

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

Windowed fullscreen is also very very dim. Had to use Cobalt to really see where I was going if I didnt want to wait on the wisp.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

I haven’t been to Diessa in a few days

OMG Diessa is terrible and it makes doing the guild rush in that cave extremely painful.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Light-Bug-in-Diessa/first#post6176503

It’s been that way for several weeks now. I hope this one gets fixed soon. I’d rather have it too dark than so blown out you can’t see anything.

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

yep.. Have the problem too but weirdly ONLY on certain characters…

btw, some parts of the spike-area are darker too, especially the corners. Lightingc hanges when you step out though.

one small asura and charr but on a sylvari mesmer the lighting was okay..

I run that one daily so I will make a screenshot with every chara I run through…

atm I run that with gamma of 2,0… not really any other solution there :/

nottsgman.8206

just thought I’d give this thread a bump, as this is still an issue, and I wondered if there was any news on it

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

I had to run through there a few days back. The maze section is completely unlit and swallows all light – only the torches are visible, and they cast no light on the walls. Worse still is the spike section, which is pitch black but at least accepts some lighting from the sources I had. Still way too easy to blunder into some spikes and get downed.

Posted by: Firmicute.3876

Firmicute.3876

aand still a problem on some charas.
interesting: mostly charr and asurra.. I dont really know why.

Posted by: Sariel V.7024

Sariel V.7024

Fixed now, at least for me.

nottsgman.8206

fixed for me too.

Previous

Gaile Gray

So glad it’s corrected! I know the feeling: lost and helpless, wandering in the dark…

;)

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
ArenaNet