Whirling Axe bugged as an Asura [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Battlecarrier.3914

Battlecarrier.3914

Whirling Axe, the number 5 offhand axe skill as a warrior, is supposed to hit 15 times, but I’m noticing that only about 50-75% of those ACTUALLY hit as an Asura. I didn’t have this problem as a Norn Warrior, but it almost makes the skill not worth using, as you would do more damage with autoattacks.

EDIT: The same issue happens with the mainhand sword Adrenal Skill, only half the hits connect.

(edited by Battlecarrier.3914)

Posted by: Ennsane.2784

Ennsane.2784

With “Whirling Axe” there are pauses in between the damage indicators, and by the end of the animation Whirling axe only did half the amount of damage and number of hits it should have. Yet on other races Whirling axe hits all 15 times and full damage. I have run into a similar problem with the 1h sword’s burst skill, flurry. With flurry it hits about 3 times, then the animation continues to play through with no damage indicators, or damage being dealt. I have tested both moves on other races, and they execute with no issues… Its not me missing the target, other Asuran warriors run into the same issue. Its not random either, its every time I try to use one of those skills. This only happens with an Asuran warrior.

Posted by: Ennsane.2784

Ennsane.2784

Yeah, my friends have the same issue as well.

Posted by: Grimrist.3917

Grimrist.3917

a friend of mine tested this and he said that damage is still being done despite it not showing. doesn’t mean it shouldn’t get fixed tho. :P

Posted by: Plaxhaggvik.6304

Plaxhaggvik.6304

Yes I have noticed that aswell. That’s why I quit using them

Posted by: andyj.5809

andyj.5809

I have noticed on Asura when I do spinning attacks such as Warrior Axe 5 or Thief steal skill from the warrior, the animation “skips” and only hits once out of every 2-3 times that it should hit, other races don’t have this problem and it puts Asura at a fairly significant disadvantage when using certain weapon sets.

Posted by: Zyfram Tyrjala.4561

Zyfram Tyrjala.4561

I have this problem as well, both with greatsword and axe/axe 5.

Posted by: baflgraf.1472

baflgraf.1472

Does anyone know if this bug has been acknowledged?

Posted by: Kuji.5894

Kuji.5894

I also have the same problem. I really wanted to use dual axe as an asura. But it hits less compared to other race.

Posted by: nicbet.1820

nicbet.1820

2 months ago reported, bug still exists. FIX this already!

nicbet.1820

Bug still exists and it’s annoying as hell. ANets priority seems to be clearly on fixing unimportant kittenpooh as opposed to major show stoppers like this one.

Posted by: Tyr.2469

Tyr.2469

Why do we get discriminated? Just because we’re smaller and smarter? That is insulting! :-D

Seriously: please fix this issue. :-)

Posted by: Tyr.2469

Tyr.2469

I do have the same problem with a greatswort and dual axe. Any chance of getting a fix on that ANet?

Posted by: shadow.7085

shadow.7085

This is a big disadvantage in combat for asura warriors. But considering by how this post is getting completely ignored, it seems these bugs like this that make a certain combination of race/proffession unfair is perfectly normal and to be tolerated.

I love asura warriors. They jump everywhere.
What i love the most is that Whirling axe is severely bugged for asuras.

(edited by shadow.7085)

Posted by: Tanadora.4305

Tanadora.4305

The F1 skill while using a 1h sword (Flurry) also only hits about half as many times for an Asura. Half the size shouldn’t mean half the damage! Let me hit things, Anet!

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

I’m not even a warrior, but I’ll help you make some noise. It simply isn’t fair that there’s a disadvantage for one race.

nicbet.1820

I’ve been doing more testing over the past couple of days with the Axe/Axe combination and my little Asura warrior princess.

It is not only a display bug as someone earlier suggested, but certain “ticks” of the whiling axe skill damage do actually not get applied to the enemy. It works perfectly fine while transformed into a Charr (i.e., when doing the Battle for Ascalone Fractal).

The amount of damage that gets ignored is non-negligible: on most tries 3-4 ticks get ignored which in my build amount to an damage loss of around 2.4-3.1k damage ….

I can’t understand why ArenaNet support is so utterly silent about this long running bug, which imho is quite severe, while posting on a plethora of non-sense discussion threads that are borderline legit, and require much less attention than the particular issue describe herein!

Posted by: Tanadora.4305

Tanadora.4305

Another thing to mention (I don’t know if this is true for Whirling Axe, but it is for Flurry) is that when using Flurry on non-npc targets, like training dummies and mortars, it works just fine. The only time I come across the problem for Flurry is when attacking actual npcs.

Posted by: Crasher.7406

Crasher.7406

why this is not fix yet until now, is been over 3month

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

As Grimrist mentioned, the damage for this skill is still going through — it’s just not displaying. While we’re aware of this issue, the fact that it still functions puts it at a lower priority to be fixed than some of the other bugs we’re working on.

This doesn’t mean we won’t be fixing it; it just may take us a little more time to get to. Thank you for your patience and understanding, everyone.

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Sarlathan.8162

Sarlathan.8162

I did plenty of tests and and counting during fights and it doesn’t hit or the NPC health line is not affected by the non displayed hits I don’t know. On my Norn warrior this skill was working well. Please fix the axe skill the only weapons I really loved on warrior. GS is useless and super boring you have 2 usable skills only.

Posted by: BZB.1658

BZB.1658

Can I get an update on when this would be fixed? Totally loving the acrobatics of my warrior asura – but its really silly to hear only half of my hits not make a sound.

(edited by BZB.1658)

Posted by: Ninda.2361

Ninda.2361

Hello,
You said 3 months ago this bug is not a priority, no sorry it’s a LOWER priority, for you for this bug that exists since the beginning of the game. Ok this is totally annoying, but what the hell is your priority ? Every updates since fractal’ are so empty …
Anyway this bug is totally annoying, do you intend to fix it soon ? …………………………………
PS : this bug is effective on others asuras whirling , on different classes, i don’t think this is a “minor” priority

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

what the hell is your priority ?

I can only speak from past experience working in other similar industries, but usually priorities vary depending on the impact to the majority user base.

ie, bugs that block progress.

to ask “when will a bug be fixed” it’s like asking how long is a piece of string.
the answer has so many unpredictable variables it’s impossible to calculate, and anet don’t want to give a time only to disappoint the users when that deadline is not met due to unforeseen events in the future.

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Ninda.2361

Vashoom, yes i understand prioritie to resolve problems that impact progress and the fact that Anet must not disappoint players by giving “fake” deadlines.
But obviously they prefer resolve bug that “help” people, for example the one that was really useful in dredge’s fractal, they just locked the way by putting an invisible wall. I’m not really sure that bug is more important that the one with Whirling Axe, that lasts for more that 7 months now ! (By the way, i checked this afternoon and this bug indeed affects every Asura whirlwinds, like daggers storm for thiefs). This bug blocks progress, don’t you think ? Or what’s the message ? leave asuras if you want to play your class fully ? ^^

Posted by: Vashoom.8512

Vashoom.8512

it does not block progress because it’s only a visual bug, as they said the damage is still counting, it’s just that you can’t see it.

as for other bugs, simply put, some bugs are easier to fix than others.

We don’t know the full impact each bug has on the game and how much work is involved in fixing it, so it’s sometimes difficult to understand why some bugs are fixed before others, even though they seem less significant.

Keep providing feedback so they can gauge the impact/frustration this to the users but also have faith that arena net know what they are doing, they have had a lot of experience

Progress blocking bugs are top priority, but not all bugs are so easy to fix as others, be cool :)

Ninda.2361

Thank for your answers dude, indeed damages are going through i may have red Anet’ response a little bit too fast .. ^^

I still have faith and still love this game, but God has to make miracles to convince believers he’s not a lie