Whisper from guild roster is totally borked

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: draconx.3102

draconx.3102

Attempting to whisper a player by right clicking their name in the guild roster and selecting Whisper in the menu is totally broken. If I attempt to do this, (seemingly) nothing will happen… but it is worse than this! Not only does nothing happen, but this action also prevents sending any whispers to the player at all for about 5-10 minutes.

Moreover, after this massive delay, it will finally “work” and the chat interface will suddenly switch to whisper mode, any messages I attempted to send previously will all be sent at once (probably irrelevant at this time). And to add insult to injury, the chat interface will suddenly switch to whisper mode while typing a message to someone else (e.g., in party chat), potentially causing the message to be directed to the player who will have no idea WTF is going on because it wasn’t even meant for them.

Manually typing in the player’s name in the chat box seems to work reliably.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nocturnal.5023

Nocturnal.5023

I think I have a similar bug, and it happens very often. Whenever the chat is bugged, I cannot whisper anyone in guild using right click, or left clicking on name in chatbox, neither can I invite people to party with right click. I also cannot admin my guild members at the guild panel(as right click at guild members don’t work, only the report button pop up). This problem will only go away after restarting the client.

youtube.com/hungryasuras

(edited by Nocturnal.5023)