Why 10 minutes to load LionsArch?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

I would post a video of me trying to load in to LA, but none of you would take the time to watch it all the way to the end.

And yet, I am supposed to watch it every time I try to play this game.

and don’t tell me to put in a bug report, tell anet to stop sacrificing the core game for their new pet project.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• You can press <escape> and avoid the video; it only shows once per character.
  • If it’s taking 10 minutes to load LA every time, then there’s something wrong with your installation, your computer, or your connection. You can troubleshoot each of those potential issues individually, or just create a support ticket and work with Customer Service.

Putting this into a “bug report” won’t get you the resolution you want; working with Customer Service almost certainly will.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

you are predictable.

the only reason the game is loading slow, is because anet is not providing the bandwidth. I know enough about my computer, and my connection to recognize that. There is nothing wrong with my client, and there is nothing wrong with my connection. and I am not talking about the stupid New LA video. I am talking about just logging in.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

you are predictable.

the only reason the game is loading slow, is because anet is not providing the bandwidth. I know enough about my computer, and my connection to recognize that. There is nothing wrong with my client, and there is nothing wrong with my connection. and I am not talking about the stupid New LA video. I am talking about just logging in.

I am sorry if you think it’s predictable to say that I don’t think you’ve correctly diagnosed the issue — other people aren’t have the same problem.

However, it doesn’t matter if I am right or you are — you can only get a guaranteed response if you create an official support ticket and work with customer service to troubleshoot. If it’s something on your end, they’ll help you figure it out and recommend steps to address it. If, on the other hand, it really is a problem at their end, the only way they will get the data they need to fix it is if they get a chance to see the diagnostics… and they can only do that if you are working with them via a support ticket.

tl;dr create a support ticket.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Greyhound.2058

Greyhound.2058

Yeh it takes me a good while to get into LA too. I know my broadband isn’t great but LA is the only map that takes this extra-long time to load.

I’ve been using it as an opportunity to go and put the kettle on lol

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I wonder if it’s related more to how many other players are standing around in the area you’re arriving in. For example if I port into LA in Trader’s Forum, it takes longer to load. If I port into Silverwastes at a time when a lot of people are standing around the WP, it also takes longer to load. But on those same maps if I port into an obscure WP or at a time when not many people are around, it seems the map loads more quickly.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

you are predictable.

Anet isn’t your ISP nor is it your hardware.

If it takes 10 minutes then it’s 100% without a doubt YOUR end, because if someone like me with a 4-year-old laptop can load it in 1 minute or less with the entire game installed on a mere 750GB 7200 RPM HDD, despite being from America and playing on EU servers, it definitely shows it’s not Anet’s fault.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)