Will we have to remake characters to fix story issues?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Aseyhe.2948

Aseyhe.2948

The new Story Issues sticky thread reads “While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.”

If I have a character whose story was thrown off track by a (now fixed) bug, does this mean I have to remake the character to fix the issue? Or should I hold out until you implement the ability to retroactively fix or roll back stories?

Posted by: Kaoss.3186

Kaoss.3186

I too would like to know an answer to this. It boggles my mind that something as crucial as the personal missions and story would be this badly bugged. This makes the game unplayable, as it does not let us progress properly. Anet needs to find a way to fix this, or rollback the characters, or something.

Posted by: TheZoobler.8073

TheZoobler.8073

I am wondering this too. >:(

Posted by: hira.8420

hira.8420

I took this whole thing lightly, and just decided that I would grind and start crafting to gain my levels. No point in being mad if it’s only a few thousand experience per misson. I did the Lvl 33 Quest Down the Hatch with my boyfriend, and he gained 6k experience from this. Seriously, I have to grind 6k experience JUST to catch up to him? And for the next 6 missions, how much more experience will I have to grind just to keep on his level? I’m honestly infuriated by this whole ordeal, and if I have to start a new character I’m asking for a refund. This one bug messed with our entire gameplay experience that it feels pointless to even continue on my character right now. If ArenaNet can go on each account individually just to check if someone deleted items/money, why can’t they do that for those affected by this bug? Can’t you compensate us the experience or the rewards? Fix our quests, or somehow roll it back? They made the game, they should be able to fix where they made a mistake. I’ve loved the game so far and I’ve supported Guild Wars since the first game, but this is extremely frustrating. Remaking a character is just out of the question at this point when I put so much time and effort into it already.

Also, what about the missions where I would have to make decisions that affect my future choices with my character? Will that be messed up as well, so much that I can never continue my character after all the hard work and grinding I did? This makes it even worse to have to work so hard only to not be able to continue at all.

Posted by: Auraya.9607

Auraya.9607

The exact same thing happened to me on “Down the Hatch”. Anet has to fix this. just saying “While this bug is fixed, we can’t retroactively set you on the correct quest steps, rewrite your journal, etc.” just doens’t cut it.

Posted by: Hsinimod.5784

Hsinimod.5784

I’m curious if I should quit the game for a few months, and come back “when it’s ready.”

Because I don’t want my character to become corrupt, if there is no way to fix it, and no plan to add a fix for later. The Story should be repeatable just because of these types of issues, which were destined to happen. It was why all MMOs have a way to reset quests….

Playing Devil’s Advocate since 1990.