Wintersday Jumping Puzzle Bug [merged threads]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: byronyuq.2917

byronyuq.2917

Every time I reach the end of the jumping puzzle and jump into the box, I get kicked out to Lion’s Arch. I’ve tried using other characters and also restarted the game, but nothing works.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Frank.7452

Frank.7452

I’ve been sent to Lion’s Arch instead of the victory room in the Winter Wonderland jumping puzzle three times in a row now. This started happening about thirty minutes ago, after my client restarted for the new build. It has not worked properly since then.

Two other people confirmed the same was happening to them when I asked in map chat.

Because of this, the jumping puzzle cannot be completed.

Posted by: Day Trooper.3605

Day Trooper.3605

Happened to me as well 5 times in a row now – same situation described by op.

Frank.7452

Make that four times for me now.

Too discouraged to keep testing.

Day Trooper.3605

6 times for me now. First 5 were from an overflow and the 6th was a non-overflow.

Please fix!!

Posted by: Trent.5201

Trent.5201

Having same problem. I just did it three times trying different methods, but nothing worked.

Posted by: Dove.1487

Dove.1487

Earlier in the event I had been kicked straight back to staging (on occasion). Now I’m going straight to LA consistently.

Posted by: KrazyKat.6314

KrazyKat.6314

I just tried it twice and both times I was sent back to Lion’s Arch after jumping into the box at the end of the jumping puzzle. This needs to be fixed.

Posted by: GrannyPwnage.3465

GrannyPwnage.3465

Same thing. Tried 2 different paths.

Posted by: Stegna.6542

Stegna.6542

I just did it and it happend to me two times, got portaled back to Lions Arch before i could loot the chest.

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

Yep. That’s what’s happening to me right now. I jumped into the finish box and instead of porting me to the chest it dropped me at Lion’s Arch.

edit: just ran it again, same thing.

(edited by MMOJumper.8504)

Posted by: Zyk.3597

Zyk.3597

I’ve gotten this twice… Anyone found a workaround?

Posted by: Luxrin.3871

Luxrin.3871

Same thing happened to me just now 2x :\

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

BUG DUPLICATED!

If you slide down the side (the one closest to you) of the box then it will kick you out to LA. So far I have duplicated it three times.

EDIT: Others say they haven’t touched the sides. So maybe there’s an underlying issue with the box.

Just did it some more. If you walk right off the platform then it glitches for me.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: byronyuq.2917

byronyuq.2917

BUG DUPLICATED!

If you slide down the side (the one closest to you) of the box then it will kick you out to LA. So far I have duplicated it three times.

EDIT: Others say they haven’t touched the sides. So maybe there’s an underlying issue with the box.

Just did it some more. If you walk right off the platform then it glitches for me.

CONFIRMED! *sort of
I went back to try it; this time I jumped into the box instead of just walking in, and it worked. You’ll just need to avoid walking in or sticking to the sides too much.

EDIT: I still occasionally get kicked out into Lion’s Arch even though I jumped in.

(edited by byronyuq.2917)

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

I stop to dance on the last gift then backflip into the box…

Posted by: neon.4863

neon.4863

Confirming that this happened to me as well, twice now. Unsure about the first time, but the second time (just now) I definitely slid down the side of the box instead of jump. Which is odd, because I’d slid down the side before, but that wouldn’t boot me. Started happening after the latest patch.

Posted by: Wolfgang Michael.8217

Wolfgang Michael.8217

I had a horrible time yesterday where I got booted back to the starting area four times. No, the snowflakes didn’t dissolve. No, I didn’t fall off. Just like that it kicked me back to the starting area.

Posted by: Scarletwing.9824

Scarletwing.9824

Same problem here. I tried 5 times kicked when I jump into end gate giftbox.

Posted by: wio.5329

wio.5329

I’m experiencing the same deficit. Thus far, I’ve completed the puzzle two times. The first time I was immediately kicked back to Lion’s Arch, the second time I caught a glimpse (in a fraction of a second) of the reward area and was then teleported to Lion’s Arch.

I’m not going to put any more time in this, as I’ve already wasted enough of my time on this silly jumping puzzle as it is… Thank you, santa claus.

Posted by: Grayson.2375

Grayson.2375

The screen loads for 1 secs and then port me to LA, bugs after bugs, non stop problems, the list gets longer everyday…

i dun wan to nag, but dun abuse our patience and take them for granted…

Posted by: Treeline.3865

Treeline.3865

Ditto. After trying several times i conclude that where it before just reloaded the area, it reloads.. Well LA. It occurs when you have a bad spawn (Which happens more often than not), meaning you stand on top of the portal, causing you to load the area again. Except it now ports to LA instead. The amount of bugs in this game.. Sigh.

Leader of Heroes [Hero] – Seafarers Rest

Treeline.3865

4 completions, 1 loot today. Farmed it 100+ times yesterday, no issues except loading the reward area multiple times more often than not because you spawn on the portal

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

JP has been temporarily been shut down due to heavy botting.

Treeline.3865

Source? I can still enter it

Day Trooper.3605

6 times in a row last night I was ported back to Lion’s Arch upon entering the Wintersday Jumping Puzzle chest room (i.e. can’t collect prize).

I saw someone mention that sliding along the end-present box wall vs jumping into it made a difference, so I just tried this and WAS able collect my prize 9/9 times.

So until ANet fixes the ‘sliding along box wall’ issue, just jump into the box and you should be ok.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

It never crossed my mind that I shouldn’t jump to the final box, I’ve done it automatically, used from the Mad kings’ clock tower

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Exterminans.9723

Exterminans.9723

You can enter it, but access to the chest has been disabled. You are now forced back to lions arch after completing it. So not the whole JP was shut down, but only the part with the chest.

Posted by: Jelloz.8493

Jelloz.8493

Wow, to make bots for the jump puzzle would be impressive, I mean mapping them seems tricky. Also, I have a poor quality video of this happening to me that I’m uploading to youtube (slowly). I will post it once it is uploaded for a reference.

Edit: Tried to upload it for an hour then it failed… sorry :/

(edited by Jelloz.8493)

Posted by: Edge.4180

Edge.4180

Wow, to make bots for the jump puzzle would be impressive, I mean mapping them seems tricky.

You’re giving them too much credit. The bots don’t actually do the jumping puzzle. They just use a hack to teleport from the starting area directly to the chest reward.

neon.4863

JP has been temporarily been shut down due to heavy botting.

Source please? I can’t seem to find out where this was stated (though I did notice the prices of gifts and their drops tanked overnight, so bots may be why).

Edit: If it’s a teleport hack, it should be painfully simple to differentiate bots from legit players actually doing the JP…

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Posted by: Yetzederixx.9718

Yetzederixx.9718

I finally manage to make it across the jumping puzzle for Wintersday, jump in the giant box, and end up in Lions Arch instead of getting my end reward. This has happened to me twice now; it wont’ happen a third.

screens.png is a screen shot of my screenshot folder showing time stamps.

gw035.jpg is me standing in front of the box
gw036.jpg is the transfer screen after jumping in the box
gw037.jpg is the transfer screen to Lions Arch
gw038.jpg is me zoning into Lions Arch

Attachments:

Fear is suffering, intimidate to obey
Fear is control, suffering is hell
-Fear Factory, Fear Campaign

Posted by: ocelost.4321

ocelost.4321

It just happened to me too. This was my first time making it through the course since yesterday, so I don’t know if it’s even possible to reach the final chest area now.

I don’t imagine I have to describe how frustrating this is.

Posted by: Yetzederixx.9718

Yetzederixx.9718

Fear is suffering, intimidate to obey
Fear is control, suffering is hell
-Fear Factory, Fear Campaign

ocelost.4321

ocelost.4321

ocelost.4321

ocelost.4321

ocelost.4321

I jumped in and got booted to Lion’s Arch. Grr.

Posted by: Aryto.5873

Aryto.5873

Same thing happened to me yesterday, 4 times in a row.

Winter Wonderland Jumping Puzzle
There is a bug which was I was able to reproduce, however the circumstances under which it presented itself are unknown. Simply put: completing the puzzle results in no reward, as the loading for the reward platform re-routes you to Lion’s Arch instead of the puzzle destination.

My observations:

• The puzzle was completed on a single character, at different times of the night. Level 80 F Charr War.
  • I tried it twice in a row at approx. 9:30pm PST Dec18, then a few more times closer to 12:30am PST Dec19. Each time, I was in an Overflow instance of the puzzle.
  • Completion of the puzzle was done normally, ultimately using each of the 3 available paths.
  • Upon reaching the end, I simply fell into the exit box (no jump, no rolls, just walk off the edge. I’ve literally died in mid-jump over the box before so I don’t do that anymore) and what I would see is a half-second of the “Winter Wonderland” loading screen, followed immediately by the “Lion’s Arch” (winter version) loading screen. I never saw the final platform
  • Arriving in LA it dumped me at the teleport point for that map, just before the dual bridges to the Mystic Forge area.
  • I have completed this puzzle approx. 5 times with that character the day before (Dec 17) and twice on a separate character that same day (17th).
  • I did not log out of the game or switch characters to see if that fixed it, as doing the puzzle was just to entertain myself while waiting for people to show up for Fractals.
·································•¤¨¨¨¤•·································
A R Y T O . S HA D E S T A L K E R
·································•¤……¤•·································

ocelost.4321

Posted by: Ladyhawke.6709

Ladyhawke.6709

I’ve had the same problem with two my different pg.

neon.4863

Confirming that it IS possible to do the JP but you absolutely must jump into the box at the end – it’s not fully disabled, just walking in (and occasionally jumping in) for some reason.

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

Thank you for the reports, everyone; we’re working on this and planning to get a fix in soon!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Frank.7452

I also wanted to confirm that I am only sent to Lion’s Arch if I slide down the box at the end towards the exit. I correctly go to the victory room if I take a long jump without touching the giant present.

Thanks to those of you who shared this workaround.

Edit: As a side note, I no longer experience that weird double-loading that I used to at the end of the jumping puzzle. Prior to this Lion’s Arch warping problem. I would load the victory room and be able to move briefly, then instantly go back to a loading screen again.

I think those two issues might be related.

(edited by Frank.7452)

Posted by: Joukehainen.5148

Joukehainen.5148

Every time I reach the end of the jumping puzzle and jump into the box, I get kicked out to Lion’s Arch. I’ve tried using other characters and also restarted the game, but nothing works.

Got this bug for the first time right now. Finished the puzzle, got booted out to Lion’s Arch instead of to the chest area.

I had this other bug happen yesterday.

Edit: I just tried it again. It happened again. If it happens once to you, do you get ‘stuck’ like that whenever you finish it??

Edit 2: Okay I tried three more runs and made sure to NOT touch the edges of the box but jump directly in. I can confirm what others have said about it seemingly being sliding down the box that causes this bug.

(edited by Joukehainen.5148)

Posted by: Schyph.2430

Schyph.2430

Yesterday when I had this bug, it was okay if I don’t slide down the box. But today, when I tried it again by jumping into the box, I get sent out immediately to Lion’s arch. Tried it another 3 times with jumping and not touching the side….but still sent me out. I feel like the bug got even worse and more frequent than before. Not sure if it’s just me or if it is really happening.

Posted by: epicfail.5672

epicfail.5672

samething here, jumped into the present and warped straight to lions arch.

Posted by: Talbot.7461

Talbot.7461

adding my name to this list. the second time since day 1 that i tried it.