Wintersday dailies and meta

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: mallas.9836

mallas.9836

1. Some or many are bugged with not getting anything for doing 5/5 which is a deviation from past daily meta things.

2. in the past you needed 3 of the available to finish the daily.

3. Are the dailies suppose to change within that category or not? JP as a daily when many won’t try or won’t be able to do it seems a bit hilarious.

Just finding its seems it bugged due to past festivals. Usually 3 of the ones in the daily get 1 towards the meta. At the moment, none are doing anything.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

They give you 6 options and you have to do five. None of them are bugged as far as I know. I’ve completed them the last two days. If it use to be where you only had to do 3, now you must do 5 like the old regular Daily Challenges.

Build 5 snowmen
Hit 3 players with snowballs
Donate to ho-ho-tron
Complete the jump puzzle
Open (x) amount of Wintersday Gifts (can’t remember the number right now)
Participate in the Bell Choir (This one is not specific, you have to successfully complete 1 song)

Hitting 3 players with snowballs may be buggy….. I can’t hit anyone unless they are holding a snowball… yet I can get pegged relentlessly without holding one. Try hitting players that are picking up snowballs from a pile. Or follow the mini zerg that tails the Defend the Gift Dolyak event and spam snowball throws.

Participate in the Bell Choir is a bit misleading…. one would think you’d just have to give it your best shot.. nope… you have to complete a song to get credit.

I hope this answers your question.

mallas.9836

the problem is the daily 5/5 isn’t counting to the meta of wintersday which makes getting the wintersday meta impossible.

Posted by: BIGHARSHNESS.3510

BIGHARSHNESS.3510

Excuse my ignorance of terminology, but are you referring to getting the 11 achievements for the big wintersday reward, title, and 40 achievement points? I’m pretty sure the wintersday dailies do not count toward that. There are 14-15 achievements to chose from 4-5 of them are repeatable, but only count for the first time you complete them. If the 5/5 is a part of it, it only counted the first day you did it. It was designed that way. There is more to chose from than must be completed. Again if that’s not what you’re talking about, I apologize.

Posted by: kromi.7682

kromi.7682

Excuse my ignorance of terminology, but are you referring to getting the 11 achievements for the big wintersday reward, title, and 40 achievement points? I’m pretty sure the wintersday dailies do not count toward that. There are 14-15 achievements to chose from 4-5 of them are repeatable, but only count for the first time you complete them. If the 5/5 is a part of it, it only counted the first day you did it. It was designed that way. There is more to chose from than must be completed. Again if that’s not what you’re talking about, I apologize.

The repeatable ones (like Toypocalypse Survivor) don’t count towards the meta even the first time you complete them, which leaves only 11 achievements in the category that DO count. You need to complete all those to get the meta with NO CHOICE in the matter whatsoever. Also completing the 5/5 Wintersday dailies for the first time didn’t count towards the meta either (neither do Grawnk Munch/Generous Harvest achievements although they appear under the A Very Merry Wintersday achievements once you complete them).

Also during previous festivals completing the festival-related dailies always counted towards the meta, so either it has been changed or it’s a bug. The thing is, we don’t know, and would be pretty cool if a dev could chime in whether or not this is intentional.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

There have only been two previous Festival-related Dailies, so not much to go on as far as patterns.

It may be a design decision, as last Wintersday explicitly stated that Wintersday Dailies counted, and this Wintersday does not. Or….they purposely changed the text in Achievements while simultaneously mistakenly omitted the ability to have Wintersday Dailies count towards the Meta.

Wintersday 2014 – Show your seasonal spirit by completing these achievements. Getting into spirit of the season.

Wintersday 2013 – Show your seasonal spirit by completing the achievements from either this category or Wintersday dailies. Getting into spirit of the season.

(edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234)

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

the problem is the daily 5/5 isn’t counting to the meta of wintersday which makes getting the wintersday meta impossible.

It’s not impossible. Many players got it the first night and it’s even easier now that Toypocalypse is fixed. The infinite achievements do not count. The others can easily be done.

mallas.9836

It’s not impossible. Many players got it the first night and it’s even easier now that Toypocalypse is fixed. The infinite achievements do not count. The others can easily be done.

i miss read the number. But the point being this is the first time every (since i started playing (2 wintersday ago) that there is no leeway on getting the meta for a holiday event. The haven’t commented that i have seen that it is intended or even that they are going to change metas to that system.

So until they make a comment i am going to assume its bugged or something they didn’t intend.