Won game, lost a pip

Won game, lost a pip

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

Q:

5 of us queued up league and got into a match. One of us DCd before the match started (waiting time), he came back later and we still won, but we ALL lost a pip by “desertion”.

So let me get this straight.. if ONE person in our team DCs we might as well just quit the match because we are ALL going to lose a pip anyways? Is this a bug or is it just terrible design? Whatever it is, it needs a fix, very frustrating thing to happen when you’re trying to climb.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

(edited by arkaxify.3258)

Won game, lost a pip

Posted by: Benibara.4869

Benibara.4869

A:

Answer I got from support:

“I understand your concern about losing this Pip. However this is the correct function of the game right now. When a member of the party leaves or disconnects that party will lose a pip. This is set up this way to prevent manipulation of the leagues/matches. We understand that this might not be the most ideal but if you believe it should be changed we ask that you submit you feedback on the forums. I am sorry that we were not able to give you better news on this.”

I do understand their reasoning that they should discourage leaving matches and returning to reap the rewards with minimal contributing. However I do not believe most players who leave matches do it on purpose. As such this mostly affect people who have not meant to cheat in anyway and as an end result:
1. Anyone who dcs from a match, has no reason to return. Neither they nor their party will get the pip they’re trying to get.
2.Anyone in disconnected players party has any reason to play in the match. They will lose their pip regardles of the outcome of the match.

Won game, lost a pip

Posted by: arkaxify.3258

arkaxify.3258

Wow that’s unbelieveable. You would think they’d have a better system to prevent cheating.

Why even put in matchmaking if you can just lose a pip if a random person you don’t even know DCs? I could literally just queue up alone and DC over and over and make everyone lose pips forever. It just does not make any sense.

Thanks for the reply tho, I assumed it was a bug but the fact that it’s by design is very impressive to me.

Primordial, Exalted, Illustrious and Indomitable legend.

Won game, lost a pip

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/pvp/A-Message-from-the-PvP-Team/first

“Forfeit wins and pip loss

We will be correcting a bug where players can lose pips after a win if someone in their party had disconnected for longer than 2 minutes, causing a forfeit. This fix should be in our next release."

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast