Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chewie.7389

Chewie.7389

Anyone else ever have their sound cut off and be replaces with a loud abrasive “Woo woo woo woo woo” cycle over and over? This happens to me mostly in WvW, but im not sure what triggers it. It happens seemingly without reason, except I think it happens more often when things are very hectic on the screen, hard to say. Needless to say it’s INCREDIBLY annoying, I can’t silence it at all, no sound options work, and the only way to remove it is to close the game. At which point usually burns me out and I stop playing. Please address this weird bug.

M18XR2
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
i7-3720QM CPU
AMD Radeon HD 7970M CrossFireX
Sound Blaster Recon 3Di

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Relentless.5678

Relentless.5678

It was happening to me. Mostly during large DE events with a large number of people. I manually went into my sound card configuration and disabled all Dolby effects, and sadly Dolby Headphone. It hasn’t happened since.
I may have also bumped down the playback sampling rate to 48kHz. Not sure if that did anything to help. Let us know what works for you if anything. Good luck!

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

Ah i also got that

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: BenGrech.3912

BenGrech.3912

Yep, same here

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Kylskapskast.4379

Kylskapskast.4379

Happend twice for me during large boss events around the world, both times it ended with a game crash without any error or anything just a plain old CTD. Im also running windows 7 ultimate and a 7970, but i doubt it has anything to do with the graphics card.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: monsta.4673

monsta.4673

This has been happening to me all the time. Sound completely cuts off, and it has that loud intermittent noise only coming out of the left side of my headphones. I can only exit out to fix it, but I’ve had it happen within a minute or two of logging back in. I’ve noticed it’s usually during events with a lot of people participating. The last two times this happened it started doing that then my game just froze and had to ctrl alt del. I’m glad I’m not the only one with this problem. I sure hope this problem can be fixed soon.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: TheEhn.5920

TheEhn.5920

Iv had it about 2 times in 110 hours of gameplay and last time was in the shattered event a few hours ago. Only thing that helped for it is to restart the game. Its really weird

Phenom 955 @ 3,7 | 6950 @ 890 / 1270 |
Kingston HyperX Black limited 8Gb |
Sabertooth 990FX | Nexus RX-1K | Samsung F3 1Tb | Antec DF-85 |

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Shining KoW.4683

Shining KoW.4683

Yup it did happen to me today while in WvW.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Toki.4952

Toki.4952

I hear the loud Woo Woo Woo sometimes when i do events. Its so annoying!

//Tycane Pixelpipe

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: castiel.4182

castiel.4182

Happens most of the time in WvWvW for me. And the only sollution to “fix” this, is to close the game and restart it, but that’s not an option in a high WvWvW queue…

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Mario Lemieux.9107

Mario Lemieux.9107

Happened to me in a large DE and in a large WvWvW battle. One time i needed just to restart the client, the other time the game completely froze on me, and sadly i had to do a hard reset on my PC.

Hasnt happened since, though.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

BenGrech.3912

It usually happens in large DEs like dragon fights or in large WvWvW Fights…. just wanted the ANET devs to know

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Noodle.7256

Noodle.7256

Happens to me too, usually when there’s a lot of stuff going on i.e. in a WvWvW siege or things like that.
I had bass boost enabled in my sound card settings, and when I disabled it, the “woowoowoo” stopped but I was also left with no sound at all in game. It returned when i tried changing the audio quality in game and now I can’t get rid of it.
Hope this gets fixed soon.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Brainburp.5476

Brainburp.5476

Aye happens in WvW alot. Haven’t found a workaround yet, other than restarting the game and losing the spot in the WvW zone.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

BenGrech.3912

When I’ve had it, restarting the game stops it

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Hi everyone.

Thanks for letting us know. We are aware of some sound problems like this one and working currently to fix them. Try for the moment, as BenGrech has stated, to restart the game and see if these disturbances are gone. If not, please, let us know.

As you may have seen, I have moved this to Game Bugs as it seems that the content fits more here than in the Audio section (conceived to host general discussions about the sounds, soundtrack and voices of the game).

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Neoryudo.2914

Neoryudo.2914

i have had this issue allot either when there is loads of people on screen on in WvW

what i found was since putting my Mixing buffer back to the middle and the Quality back to the middle it has stopped,

for anyone who wants to know what this sound is i recorded it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esguvkgOd4s

East North South West North, The gates to Arah will open

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: rias.6872

rias.6872

Yes I have this issue too. I heard that it was issues happening a lot with onboard realtek sounds.

Xrande – Darkhaven Server
Circle of Kakis Guild
GMT +8 Asian Timezone – We are Recruiting! Weekly WvW and Dungeons!

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Ellen Ripley.2716

Ellen Ripley.2716

I have this issue too. I have had in both WvW and in PVE. Only way I’ve found to fix is to restart the game.

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: The Grump.3209

The Grump.3209

I’ve also gotten the mysterious woo woo noise.
I’ve got about 200 hours played and the only two time I’ve ever had it were on the same night, when I was in WvW.
Here’s a video I recorded of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prngN7lHgGQ&feature=youtu.be

Woo Woo Woo Woo.....

Posted by: Karasu.9483

Karasu.9483

Solution: Turn off High Quality audio.