World Boss Bonus Chests Not Always Appearing

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Geekfox.4267

Geekfox.4267

Nobody on the Northern Shiverpeaks server has gotten the bonus chest from Megadestroyer for at least the last 4 days.

Megadestroyer does not give a bonus chest nor the updated chest, despite dropping an Ancient Chest.

Posted by: doctorfaust.9361

doctorfaust.9361

I’ve found that if a particular chest (say, Tequatl) bugs out in a given day, it’ll be bugged for the rest of the day regardless of what you do. It’s as if the “already received chest” flag is erroneously set on your account so the game believes you’ve already gotten the reward that day.

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

We – my bf and me – were still able to receive the chests with other characters (maybe we even tried with the same character and it worked..but don’t know..) on the second tries.

Posted by: Aeryn Knight.4351

Aeryn Knight.4351

I’ve found that if a particular chest (say, Tequatl) bugs out in a given day, it’ll be bugged for the rest of the day regardless of what you do. It’s as if the “already received chest” flag is erroneously set on your account so the game believes you’ve already gotten the reward that day.

the few times ive got no bonus or normal reward chest ive always been able to get them on an alt character later that day

Posted by: Steele.8509

Steele.8509

The chest and the bonus chest did not appear for me in both the Golem and Shatterer events. I get the xp, karma and monetary reward at gold level but no chests.

So far what I have noticed that everytime I use my shortbow using my Thief on Shatterer the chests never appeared. Today it happened again while using dual pistols. I’m still determining what additional skill I used today that caused the result.

On the golem side, My elementalist when using a scepter and focus with water attunement somehow also caused the chests not to show up.

Also by minimizing the game while the boss is at nearly at 10% health or lower seems to cause the chests not appear.

This is my observations and experiences with this bug.

Navi.7142

Well, and it happened again.
My female ranger did the entire jormag event (but unfortunately not the pre events) and she did not receive the chests, instead she got only the gold medal and this time obviously DR.
That sucks.. :-(

How can we get DR by doing this particular event only once every 24h? (the reset lies always between)

Posted by: Maladar.2758

Maladar.2758

Happened to me at Claw of Jormag event on my parked alt 2 days in a row. I moved him to another map and will see if now ill get the chest or not.

Posted by: tovadaun.6304

tovadaun.6304

This happens all the time to me on my Eng and Guard. The first time was the first time i ran Maw after the patch that changed this mechanic. I had not completed ANY of these (Maw/Fire Ele/Wurm/SBehem) on ANY alt at ANY point before this patch for over a week.
Still continuing, I have this issue. It can be a day, or three, or a week between runs. Sometimes, I’ll get lucky and get a Chest to pop. Most I do not.
It occurs on my laptop. It occurs on my desktop. It occurs daytime, nighttime, evening, after server patches, before server patches, on overflow servers, on a goat, in a boat, with and without Green Eggs and Ham.
I have done this on either of my two alts. One a Sylvari Eng, the other an Asuran Guard.
Since the patch, I have received that chest on the edge of my screen 3 times. I have completed the lower 4 at least 2x a week since the patch.

Kitta the Conjurer, Guardian- At Your Service- Yak’s Bend
Stuff! Stuffy stuff stuff stuff!!

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

I’m also having this issue. It’s happened multiple times on Shatterer and for the first time yesterday on Tequatl. I’ll receive a gold medal, but no bonus chest and no regular chest.

I am meticulous about only doing these events once per day and usually at least an hour after daily resets, so I know for a fact it’s not that.

It’d be nice if someone would look into it.

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Happened yet again at Shatterer, and today at Tequatl for the first time. Is a dev ever going to look into this?

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: OtakuDFifty.2965

OtakuDFifty.2965

It’s been happening to me sporadically the past few weeks. I almost never get chest rewards from Teq now, and for the first time I didn’t get a reward from Shatterer.

Posted by: Ryk.9174

Ryk.9174

I’ve noticed this on two of my alts that when they didnt get the world chest/daily chest, they had reduced exp/karma/gold from the event as well

Posted by: Sera.6539

Sera.6539

Happened again at Shatterer.

Gelda Nebilim – Nagare [NGE] – Crystal Desert
http://youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Posted by: Dmitri Anzel.8940

Dmitri Anzel.8940

ok one of my character is not getting any chest at shatterer, regular and bonus chest. it happened 2 days in a row. i killed maw and SB on that character and she got the chest but nothing from Shaterer. than just to check i took different character and went and killed shatterer who just appeared on another server and i got both chest. i don’t get it why my engineer is not getting chest from shatterer. she is lv 80 if that makes any difference. yes im aware the chest are account bound and yes she did enough damage to shatterer to get gold medal reward. it seems like the bug is on my character not shatterer or could be both.

Navi.7142

Did something like what I described in the following thread happen to you?
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/No-Chest-After-Shadow-Behemoth-Event/first#post2063832

Posted by: Dmitri Anzel.8940

Dmitri Anzel.8940

well few pointers of what you desrcibed is what i did. i mostly use my guardian and this engineer character is left at the shatterer map. though i was doing world map on my engineer, for the last 2 weeks i haven’t logged on her. Except I killed shatterer these 2 times and i didn’t do the pre event.

(edited by Dmitri Anzel.8940)

Navi.7142

Yeah, I think it’s likely that it caused not receiving the chests. And why it works to bring another character to the boss and everything is working properly.

It’s annoying, but now you can watch if that is happening only when you camp there.
However, since I figured it out, I try to not provoke it.
(e.g. if Shatterer is already there and I didn’t manage to do anything in between I try to get another character to him, most of the times it works → enough time with the other character to receive the medal (including the chests)…)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I didn’t get the reward chests on Shatterer for 2 days in a row, neither the small chest with the guaranteed rare or the big chest. I did them on my necro that I leave there. Took a screenshot and reported it the second time.

Edit: it must be a DR thing. Took a different toon out there the next time the event came up and got the chests.

(edited by Astral Projections.7320)

Posted by: arjov.8649

arjov.8649

getting no daily chest, no bonus chest from any of the world bosses. did you find any solution ?

Navi.7142

To get the bonus chest you must be lvl 40 and above.

You should be able to receive the regular boss chest, when
- you do not camp your character there
- you camp your character there, but you do the pre events or any other event in between
- you switch to another map and do other things in between
- you take another character to that boss that hasn’t killed him before (or at least done something in between)

What will mostly just give you the golden medal, but no boss chest, is to park your character there and kill the boss twice in a row without doing anything in between.

And of course you can only get the bonus chest once per account per day and the boss chests once per character per day.

Posted by: Private Prinny.9534

Private Prinny.9534

This happens more frequently now.

Yes I know how it works
Yes I was offline more than three days
Yes it was several days since I last beat that specific Boss

Today went to Maw, no Chest, no bonus, no Gold/silver/Bronze Medal despite getting all the pre and the off course damaging the Shaman in more way than only autoattack
(Engineer Charr above 40)

Same with Shatterer…bombarded him with mortar, had elementals damaging him, made switches between affinity was there since he landed, again no chest no bonus chest no Gold/Silver/Bronce
(Norn Elementalist 80)

Yesterday: Shadow Behemoth
Same again
(Human Mesmer above 50)

What is happening…if this is a random hickup I can manage but not getting any Chests/Bonus Chests times in a row an different chaacters different Bosses different days is NOT a random hickup

Navi.7142

If you do not even get the medal that must be either a bug or you do not contribute enough. (It is not what we were talking about in the posts above, because there the issue was that the medal was received, but no chest(s)…)

You say you do enough damage, and – if you are right – it is indeed a bug, have you done an ingame bug report, too?

Posted by: Odin the exiled.5764

Odin the exiled.5764

My ranger has same problem with many of you, not getting the bosses chest or daily chest. For my ranger it is just the jormag one that is bugged out. He gets gold medal for the event, but no chests. All my other parked characters work perfectly for their bosses, but not my ranger. I really do hope they fix this soon as I love putting arrows into jormag from far far away so that ice effect doesn’t put me down.

I’m gonna park my ranger just down a little bit from the earthshaker wp and see if that helps, since I usually have him parked at the merchant where the cannons are. If it doesn’t work then I’ll be using my guard to kill him just so I can get the chests ><

Ok, so I finally did jormag again on ranger after leaving him parked at earthshaker and then letting him walk into the event (rather then spawn into it) manged to get my 2 chests after beating the event. So I guess that’s what we have to do for our characters that don’t get the chests, just park them farther away from event, then hopefully you should get properly rewarded.

(edited by Odin the exiled.5764)

Navi.7142

You know ranger are considered as bots… (Just joking, but the first time my bf noticed this issue it was with his ranger at tequatl…..)

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Really? this is bugged for a year and still no fix? I’m not receiving exotic chests and chests on the ground anymore because of this bug at Tequatl boss. Any reason why this wasn’t still fixed?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Really? this is bugged for a year and still no fix? I’m not receiving exotic chests and chests on the ground anymore because of this bug at Tequatl boss. Any reason why this wasn’t still fixed?

Seeing as how the last post in this thread (before yours) was “a year ago”, I don’t think it’s a case of it “still not being fixed”. Have you submitted a support ticket and all that?

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Seeing as how the last post in this thread (before yours) was “a year ago”, I don’t think it’s a case of it “still not being fixed”. Have you submitted a support ticket and all that?

Yes, couple of months ago when I had this problem and now when again I have this problem. A chance for Teq weapon is like 0,00001% and with this bug it’s an additional frustration.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Yes, couple of months ago when I had this problem and now when again I have this problem. A chance for Teq weapon is like 0,00001% and with this bug it’s an additional frustration.

I recommend that you create a support ticket:
https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

The vast majority of people participating in WB fights (including Teq) receive their bonus chests as expected, so this doesn’t sound like a bug that is affecting the game.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”