Wraith Masque Now Showing Pupils

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: STAY SEXY.4360

STAY SEXY.4360

My eyes now have pupils with this masque on after this last patch and it’s driving me crazy.
attached is a picture with the bug. I’ve confirmed its not just me that sees my pupils

http://i.imgur.com/KFdLhah.jpg

Skeeth [Ark]ham
Swaguuma native

Posted by: Lamont.5973

Lamont.5973

ew you are right. my creepy little mes is less creepy now – please get rid of the pupils.

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Not sure if new bug, but this has mostly always been the case. Depending on eye color it would show pupil with Wraith masque. Lighter eye colors would properly hide it while darker shades like brown would make the maque look like cheap goth make up.

Just checked my own Wraith Masque and it’s not showing pupil on human male, Pale Brown eye color and it doesn’t show pupil.

I am The No.

STAY SEXY.4360

My yellow eyes never used to show pupil before this patch. They were solid white

Skeeth [Ark]ham
Swaguuma native

Posted by: Yinello.7068

Yinello.7068

I have the same problem. Didn’t change my eyes since char creation. Before they were solid white, now there’s this creepy pupil.

Ginni Gruesome, Necromancer of the College of Synergetics

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Had to check this.
The eye white and eye lense seem to be a (default?) grey colour.
This should not be.
Hmm, not sure the iris is supposed to be bright white either.

Attachments:

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: Kirk Williford.2653

Kirk Williford.2653

ArenaNet QA Team

Thanks for the reports, everyone! We’ll look into it.

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

It seems to be more than just the pupil being the tone of the skin, it appears that the entire texture for the eyeball has either been replaced with the color of the character’s skin or is suddenly like 85% transparent.

However, my ‘open world’ image seems to show the entire eyeball texture missing, and the skin tone we see is that of the inside of the back of the head.

I’d also like to point out that my eyes in the makeover kit screen look as they used to/like normal.

edit
Added a different angle of the camera clipped to better show the eyeball texture with the Wraith Mask visible and with head armor hidden to show the ‘natural’ eyeball texture.

Attachments:

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

(edited by StinVec.3621)

Posted by: ReMortis.4287

ReMortis.4287

Since you are now aware of this issue due to this new bug, could you make it so that ALL eye colors make the Wraith Masque fully white, instead of just the lighter colors as I stated in my previous post in this thread? Can’t discriminate between eye colors for the cool-factor that the masque provides.

I am The No.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

If only it had a dye channel so we could decide how we want our eyes and the corruption around them to look like.

Posted by: Ilna.3076

Ilna.3076

Actually for humans there have always been pupils. This screenshot is from 13 Oct 2012 and I see no difference with what it looks like now.
Anyway if this is fixed, I hope human version will not be changed.

Attachments:

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

Actually for humans there have always been pupils. This screenshot is from 13 Oct 2012 and I see no difference with what it looks like now.
Anyway if this is fixed, I hope human version will not be changed.

Look better.
In my screenshot the eye white and lense(pupil) are a grey colour, in yours white.
In my screenshot the iris is white, in yours a grey colour.

I do agree though, for my human char a pupil/lense (and an iris) has always been there.

I think, originally, the Wraith Masque made yer char’s pupil glowing white, and left your chosen iris colour intact.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: Aerin Dark Water.6283

Aerin Dark Water.6283

So after reading this I hopped onto the asuran nerco and sure enough the Death Mask has this odd looking reskin glitch.. now… she has 2. That’s right 2 pupils! It’s the creepiest thing ever! DX

So yea. just wanted to add to the list that it’s not just the Wrath mask, but Death as well.

Attachments:

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Nar.8327

Nar.8327

Please fix this, the changed completely ruined one of the coolest helms in the game.

And for the love of Dwayna, why are these things never in the patch notes?

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Just an update… it’s still bugged. Both warth mask and death mask, not sure about any other ‘facial/eye’ masks.
Just posting to keep this alive. at least we got a dev response from earlier, so there’s hope

Want an art commission of your character? PM me to find out how! In-game gold art commissions!

Posted by: Dewbunny.7825

Dewbunny.7825

Eww Get rid of the pupils!!

Posted by: tango.8962

tango.8962

I made a post about this on thanksgiving but it got no attention. I’m just glad it got the attention of a dev now. This is my before and after of my eyes.

Attachments:

[ICoa] Apedemak
-Blackgate

Posted by: eleonorae.3986

eleonorae.3986

Thank you! I have also noticed this. My Charr necro looked completely awesome with the Wraith masque. People commented on it in PvE, guild, and WvW. I’ve been transmuting the masque to higher and higher level items so I never lose it. But now, the dramatic effect is just gone.

Please, please change this back, ANet! It means a lot to us.

STAY SEXY.4360

Prayin’ to Dwayna this is fixed in Dec 10th update. My necro asura feels so naked without her mask being displayed

Skeeth [Ark]ham
Swaguuma native

Posted by: ShadowMaster.5708

ShadowMaster.5708

Thanks for the reports, everyone! We’ll look into it.

So… Is there a fix coming…? I much prefer the older version

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Just logged in after taking a break to find that my necromancer looks a whole lot dumber. So, uh, how bout that looking into it thing from 5 months ago?

Posted by: Shanon.9741

Shanon.9741

Dear ArenaNet QA team,

I’ve been dealing with this issue for over a year now, submitted in game bug reports and a bug report through the website. I keep getting stone walled and told,

“I understand that it can be frustrating not to see immediate results based on your in-game or forum report. Keep in mind that even if we are able to verify a bug report, it can take time to fully kitten the issue, develop a means to amend it, and then implement that “bug fix” into the game. The exact amount of time can vary widely based on the severity and complexity of each issue."

However as we can see, this issue stems back quite a while and there seems to have been zero progress in resolving it.

Mr Kirk Williford, than you for addressing the issue and mentioning that your team will be looking into this issue. Please update us on the progress or if there is a fix for this. It’s only certain people that seem to have this bug and not across the board.

It is rather frustrating for those of us that are affected by this bug. We are looking very forward to this becoming resolved.

Thank you kindly for your time, we are eager to hear back from you regarding this issue with an update and fix.

Kind regards!

Attachments:

Posted by: Subutex.2416

Subutex.2416

Speaking of eyes, on humans, the pupil looks too bright when one uses kit eye colours on most of the kit only faces.

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

The demon masque still shows pupils thru the mask. I really liked how my asura necro looked with it before and now it just looks…odd.

STAY SEXY.4360

Remember when a dev posted in here saying they were going to “look into it” over a year ago? yeah, me too

Skeeth [Ark]ham
Swaguuma native

Aerin Dark Water.6283

Just an update… it’s still bugged. Both warth mask and death mask, not sure about any other ‘facial/eye’ masks.
Just posting to keep this alive. at least we got a dev response from earlier, so there’s hope

(One year later)

That hope is now gone.

But more importantly, I hope they fix the FPS bug from their latest patch….

Shanon.9741

Remember when a dev posted in here saying they were going to “look into it” over a year ago? yeah, me too

Sadly this isn’t getting the attention it needs. It’s quite discouraging. I urge you to repost here to keep this going so that WE can have this issue resolved.

Here’s what we know so far

-It’s not a global issue. Meaning that it does not affect everyone.
-It started to occur after a patch roughly a year ago, possibly longer.
-Kirk Williford of the ArenaNet QA Team had mentioned he was looking into it, and there has yet been no response since.

For those of us with this issue it is rather annoying and a let down. After all, a large part of this game is the aesthetics.

Thanks again to anyone working to resolve this. And to those of you with this issue, please keep posting here!

Shanon.9741

(One year later)

That hope is now gone.

But more importantly, I hope they fix the FPS bug from their latest patch….

Nope, hope isn’t gone, just keep posting, and ask guildies if they’re having the same issue, and if so to post here. This will be resolved yet

Posted by: Vahlian.5213

Vahlian.5213

After 2 years I still have this issues with this not working correctly either (-_-)

I’m sure it’s not that high in their priority list considering there’s a gem store item that do the same thing as the wraith masque. I don’t rly want to use those though bc their aren’t pure white and I want my elementalist to look like the avatar!