Wrongly displayed MF

Wrongly displayed MF

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Q:

I sent in a ticket yesterday and heard nothing so I’m putting this here. The basic Magic Find I should have is wrongly displayed in the achievement panel of the heroes window at 10% but in the equipped pane of the heroes window it is at 111% with only a current plus 10% guild upgrade boost. This would mean my base achievement MF is really 101% but I believe I really should have more than that.

I say believe because a while ago I thought I Iost some of the Magic Find, which I am also sure was over 100% back then, from my achievement panel but I soldiered on. The last I knew before I checked my base MF last night was I had it back up in the high 90%. I logged in last night updated and opened a lot of trick or treat bags and started clicking essences of Luck and thought I want to check what my base MF. I could barely believe it was all the way down to 10% in the achievement panel.

Not only do I want my MF corrected to what it should really be including adding the loss I had when it was over 100% the first time I lost some MF but I dont want to find my Magic Find in the equipped window to drop to actually reflect the current wrong base magic find as it is now.

I don’t want to accumulate more MF from essences until this is sorted in case it adds more confusion. Will you please help me Anet?

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Wrongly displayed MF

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Wrongly displayed MF

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

Wrongly displayed MF

Posted by: Zet.9130

Zet.9130

So it’s broken and Anet hasn’t figured out how to fix it, so that’s the way it’s supposed to be. I’ll say no more.

Wrongly displayed MF

joneb.5679

I followed Ayrilana and Shadows link and the problem I have is a bit different. You see I’m not having a problem with the various magic find buffs being added into the magic find total in the Heroes windows equipment pane. That is showing as 101% before buffs and upgrades. The problem is my base magic find as reported in the Achievements panel is just 10% now after the base MF suddenly been reduced at least twice in the past with it happening last a few days ago.

It may or may not be a wrong number in the UI and the real total is still counted but I do not feel very confident or assured of this. I played a lot of hours, salvaged a lot of items instead of selling and consumed a lot of magic find essences so I think I deserve to have the correct MF and to know this for sure. I’m expecting at least my base MF to be 101% but as it was already reduced before and rebuilt up it could easily be 110% base.

them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

(edited by joneb.5679)

Wrongly displayed MF

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

One option would be to try a -repair of the client in case of a corrupted file. Perhaps, your UI field is leaving off the last zero for some odd reason…or something. You can find instructions in the Knowledge Base. Top of Page – Services/Support.

Good luck.

Wrongly displayed MF

joneb.5679

I have not had a reply from Anet either here in the forums, in the game or on the support page even after posting a second request in that page. I did not see instructions to repair the client as Inculpatus said. I guess Anet are so secure in their size of player base and popularity of the game they can ignore us or at least me.

Wrongly displayed MF

shadow.6174

Instructions about repair can be found here https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/28148006-Repairing-the-Game-Client
And I don’t think they are ignoring or what not. Devs aren’t used to answer too much in forums but they surely read them. Support ticket also can take a while to get a response (although I have sent one recently and got an answer in less than 2 days). Just give it a time but if you get no answer to your ticket you can post about the delay in a thread, but I can’t recall which one now. I’ll update this with it if no one else provide it.

Wrongly displayed MF

joneb.5679

I did a repair of the client but the problem is still the same. It was 17 days ago I first posted here, in the game and in the support site Shadow. However thanks for the advice, Anything positive is better than none

Wrongly displayed MF

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘posting in the Support site’. Did you create a ticket and submit it? Did you note down the ticket number? Did you receive the automated response? If not, did you read the Sticky, ‘Not Getting our Emails’? If you did get the automated response, did you post your ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets 3 Days and Older’? You can find those Stickies in the Account Issues sub-forum. Every post in the latter Sticky gets a response.

Good luck.

Wrongly displayed MF

shadow.6174

did you post your ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets 3 Days and Older’? You can find those Stickies in the Account Issues sub-forum. Every post in the latter Sticky gets a response.

This is the thread I was talking about. Thanks Inculpatus, I keep forgetting it, hehe. And you’re welcome joneb. Not sure how I could help more, but be sure the devs do read these threads.

Wrongly displayed MF

joneb.5679

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘posting in the Support site’. Did you create a ticket and submit it? Did you note down the ticket number? Did you receive the automated response? If not, did you read the Sticky, ‘Not Getting our Emails’? If you did get the automated response, did you post your ticket number in the Sticky, ‘Tickets 3 Days and Older’? You can find those Stickies in the Account Issues sub-forum. Every post in the latter Sticky gets a response.

Good luck.

Thanks. I didnt take note of ticket number but Ill check my mail again. Its a bit convoluted to get help all the same. It wont happen tonight. Too close to bed time.