WvW 100% map completion at 80

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Preston.2801

Preston.2801

I recently started doing WvW and got 100% map completion in one of the maps. I was confused at the rewards I received which were a couple of level 20 items and some copper ore. Btw I am level 80 and my guild told me that the rewards scale based on what level you are. Was just wondering if its a bug or if the reward system is correct.

Posted by: innuendo.9057

innuendo.9057

It seems you get rewarded for each map you complete in WvW

In any order: Complete the first of 4 WvW maps: lvl 20 rewards
Complete the 2nd of the WvW maps: lvl 40
complete the 4rd: level 60
complete the last: level 80

That’s been my experience.

Posted by: Tanetris.3461

Tanetris.3461

For me, my first two WvW maps (level 50-60ish) got me cotton and coarse leather, and the final two (level 80) copper and green logs. My current theory is that it’s based on the level of the last zone you were in before entering WvW, or possibly the last zone you completed, since both times I got low end stuff I was back doing the newbie zones immediately beforehand (Queensdale and Metrica, respectively). Another possibility might be the tools you have equipped. Rather difficult to test comprehensively. Just some theories.

Posted by: neoxide.7320

neoxide.7320

I did all 4 WvW maps yesterday. Eternal Battlegrounds gave me level 47 greens and 20 blackberries. The other 3 borderlands maps gave me level 26 greens and 40x of gold or copper ore.

Posted by: Tinboy.7954

Tinboy.7954

I don’t exactly remember what I got but they were all below level 50 and some had copper ores. Never got anything half decent in WvW zone rewards.

Posted by: dillius.2531

dillius.2531

I also had this occur to me in the past few days.

I completed one of the colored battlegrounds and EB and received only level 48 items while I am at level 80.

Reyanna Archania – Mesmer – Tarnished Coast

Posted by: timmay.2613

timmay.2613

I completed the WvW maps one after the other, I think it just depends on the map. My homeworld map awarded low-level stuff (20s). The other world maps awarded items around level 40-50 and eternal battleground was the highest with 60+ items. My character was level 80 prior to even starting any of the WvW maps.

Posted by: Sarisa.4731

Sarisa.4731

I swapped servers to get mine (Henge with its 3-6 hour queues, and I don’t like wasting a spot that could be taken up by someone who wants to actually do WvW). All done at 80, and this was after completing all PvE maps except Frostforge Sound, and a broken skill point in Malchor’s Leap that I managed to get first thing after a server reboot.

Completed a non-home borderland first, got level 20’s rewards. Battleground next, one item was in the high 30’s, the other 40’s. Then, finished the other two borderlands, and both of them granted level 20’s rewards.

Lille of the Valley [WHIP]

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

So as not to make a new thread, dragging this up to say as an 80 I just completed one and got jute, 3 level 20 items, 1 80 item. I would like to know if this disappointing reward is actually intended.

Posted by: Corgi.1879

Corgi.1879

The patch notes for Oct 1 indicate they are going to change/fix this.

Am I going to get replacement rewards for the low level junk items I previously got?

Posted by: Corgi.1879

Corgi.1879

Guess the answer is no. What a huge let down :/