WvW Bug

WvW Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Keviin Snow.5760

Keviin Snow.5760

started 2 days ago ,
we are RED , , when ever we cap other camp , keep , tower
the color dont change , when they cap our camp / tower , after we take it back , color dont change ,

WvW Bug

Posted by: Balthazzarr.1349

Balthazzarr.1349

I’ve seen that happen too… we are green… same thing now and then.

… just call me … Tim :)

WvW Bug

Keviin Snow.5760

this wvw bug is kittening me off , cant see who own camp / towers when they cap , the color don’t change , when we cap the color don’t change , and there is NO sword when they try to CAP anymore , and sometime Map is GONE , no towers , camps , keeps icons

WvW Bug

Keviin Snow.5760

I Hope Anet fix it soon , its soo ignoring

WvW Bug

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Next

The next time you see this bug could you please try swapping maps or logging out and back in again to see how this affects the bug? The rarity of this bug leads me to believe that this is your connection to the server that is storing the data used for rendering onto the map and so restarting that connection may fix the bug.

Please reply with or message me the results as that would help a whole lot with investigating this further.

Real Life Hero

WvW Bug

Posted by: aandiarie.7195

aandiarie.7195

It happened for like 10 minutes to me the other day in wvw. I just got back from the new pve map. I think when I changed maps it fixed itself.

WvW Bug

Posted by: Darlgon.9273

Darlgon.9273

It fixes when I go to PVE and back in. Does not fix if I go from BL to EBG and back. Obviously, logging out of game and back in, involves visiting PVE, so that also fixes it. It will even show a tower’s supply as the enemy color, but the tower/keep will stay. The color sticks for both my team and for the enemy.

Rare? ROLF No.. happens daily. And, when I pop in and out of WvW doing a few things, it happens multiple times per day.

Charrdian, Ashura Mesmer, Norn Ranger, Sylvari Elementalist and Human Magic Engineer

WvW Bug

Posted by: Bunny.7436

Bunny.7436

I have seen the same manifestations of this bug as described by the others above. There does appear to be some factor of this being client-side. I have asked in map chat if other people are seeing the wrong colors and seen that it is working fine for others when I get hit by this.

I have also seen a variation of this that Keviin Snow.5760 hinted to above. All the colored circles representing camps, towers, and keeps will vanish from my map. It is also impossible to click on it. This one is actually “breaking” because it makes it impossible to bring up the menu on any of these for guild claiming at this point. This one drives me nuts the most.

WvW Bug

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Previous

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

Do the scoreboard or other maps function at all while this isn’t working? I’m trying to establish if your client is losing a connection to all of the WvW data, or only pieces of it. If only pieces you may still be able to see changes to other maps or your scoreboard.

Real Life Hero

WvW Bug

Posted by: Bunny.7436

Bunny.7436

I wasn’t paying attention to the scoreboard when my problem happened so I will have to get back to you on that. The issues actually did not crop up last night for me.

WvW Bug

Posted by: Paradox.1942

Paradox.1942

I had it too. All the icons on every wvw map were gone. No towers, keeps camps, etc. . Skirmish and victory points were 0. The tick timer was not running and the display of how many towers, camps and so on every server captured was black.
Repairing the files solved it for me.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments#-repair

WvW Bug

Keviin Snow.5760

once u log out , everything is fine , until someone cap or we cap a camp or a tower and the bug start all over again the color of the cap don’t change color or change back to our color , this bug started after the update . this NEVER happen in the pass , sometime Map is gone , Camps , Towers , Keeps Icon is gone from time to time

WvW Bug

Keviin Snow.5760

while our server is CD , I also ask YB and NS server, they also have the same problem and this NEVER happen until the update , the score board is fine

(edited by Keviin Snow.5760)

WvW Bug

Keviin Snow.5760

only thing that really bother me is we are the color RED , when blue or green do a CAP on camp or Tower , the color stay RED , or the other way around , when we take it back , it still stay blue or green , shoulda been RED ,oh and the clock is mess up ,when i click on camp , it will say they have the camp for 33 hours lol but its only been 3 min since Cap
this never happen , and i been doing wvw for yrs , until the update

WvW Bug

Posted by: TheHeretic.3529

TheHeretic.3529

I had this problem and had the error popup that says “Cannot connect to the login server.” Could not see objectives on the map of any color (the graphics were not on the map) so I could not click on them. The scoreboard showed all 0’s. The time showed -:--. Guild tags disappeared and showed [] for fellow guild members.

Logging out and back in fixed it.

Maybe I’m a thorn in your perfection
A heretic’s voice in your head
A stargazer, releaser

WvW Bug

Posted by: Bruticus Fatalfury.3486

Bruticus Fatalfury.3486

I am still continuing to have this bug. Zoned from desert BL to alpine BL and the entire map was gone. All I could see were the yaks. The camps, towers, and keeps were all invisible. You couldn’t click on them to see what color they were or the timers on them. Upon taking a camp it remained the same color and did not change to our color. And yes this bug affects the scoreboard too. It zeros out what your server is ticking atm and the timer increases to 30 min for a skirmish.

WvW Bug

Posted by: alteriel valie.4751

alteriel valie.4751

Same here everything was good,i died port to overlook and then this!!
Second picture is after i ported back from borderlands to EBG!!

Attachments:

(edited by alteriel valie.4751)