WvW Character Displaying/Load Bug

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: RoyalCrysis.1065

RoyalCrysis.1065

So for the past 2-3 weeks I have been getting this odd bug in wvw. After I have been playing in wvw for a few hours, things start to get buggy. Not every night, but close to it
My characters weapons will disappear, I can no longer see NPCs (can see nameplates/names, but the physical model isn’t showing up) and teleporting to a waypoint results in a very long load scene (3 min+)

Happens to me fairly often, generally starting after 2 hours or so.

Few notes. I often have a commander tag up when this happens, but have gotten it several times without having a tag up. (Likely happens at the same rate, I just happen to be tagged up most of the time). Others have reported the same thing, both fellow commanders, and other players. Not every single teleport results in a long loading screen, it seems to be random. Sometimes it is every time I use a waypoint, sometimes its every 2-3. Emergency way points seem to not have this issue, but it could just be lack of data on that subject.

Only way to fix this is to relog, which often isn’t an option with the queues in T1.

On rare cases the bug will go even further, and my character model will disappear, leaving only my nameplate. When this happens, I cannot jump. If I use a tonic like snowball form/quaggan I can see that model, but once I leave the form I cannot see my model. It also appears as if the model stays in game for my perspective (will include screenshot to help explain)

I’ll try to test it more tonight, see if it happens without being tagged up/what the consistency is, etc

Please make this a priority, really makes playing wvw for long periods frustrating

Screenshots of the full invisible/no jump bug “http://i.imgur.com/VGk6Wqs.jpg” “http://i.imgur.com/cam7x1Y.jpg

Note* In the 64 bit client, heard this may be the cause?

Zoren – BG – GoF

(edited by RoyalCrysis.1065)

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. It’s still happening.

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

/signed

Getting same issue.

Posted by: Yeyy.2487

Yeyy.2487

Half of our squad just got stuck in 3min+ loading screen when trying to save tower close to our spawn… . This loading screen bug seems to happen when you have played wvw for like 2+ hours, as iv noticed, its not hapening everytime day tough. And after first time the very long loading screen all sort of anomalys start to hapen and they will get worse and worse after each loading screen. First i noticed character textures on team mates failed to load and it displayed team colors instad, even tough i have them all turned on. After second loading screen my weapons and backpiece where invisible and some skill animations where missing too, and after 3rd loading screen all npcs where gone including guards. Im also using 64bit client with all seting turned to max expect character model limit on medium.

Posted by: Drucilla.3158

Drucilla.3158

Happening to me as well…started a week or so ago.

Basically I find the progression is loading screens for waypoints start taking longer than they should, then characters armor models start defaulting, then my weapons disappear, then my character disappears and I get a gw2 crash box not long after.

This is rather annoying, especially during T1 where the queue times are sometimes long.

Fires of Wisdom [WISE]
Angry Intent [AI]
Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Sarika.3756

Sarika.3756

This problem was the worst it’s been so far last night – reset. And it seemed to start earlier than usual.

Posted by: Logothx.5628

Logothx.5628

25/5/2016 Have had the same issue for the last week ~has anyone found a fix yet?

Posted by: Radioactive.1248

Radioactive.1248

I came to support this issue and saw its genesis was in May and here we are still complaining about it.

#ArenaNet

Star Player
[KEK]

Posted by: FrankTheTank.4598

FrankTheTank.4598

Same problem here.. any solution plz?

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

Ok this is getting crazy. It still happens, now not occasionally but every single day. Not a reply by Anet in 11 Months on this thread…. Clearly dont care… Its gamebreaking. Because relogging because of it is a NONO! I’m on FSP and queue’s are 50+ and 100+ on resets. Seriously rethinking my gaming options and it does not include GW2.

Posted by: Xantalas.1732

Xantalas.1732

lol. how to spook ppl into not bothering with the issue anymore. Propose to disable security….. Make sure the risk outweighs the benefit and the problem just goes away…