[WvW] Impossible to play WvW in guild, queuing screwed

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Nembokid.8630

Nembokid.8630

Having similar issue, wait for hours. Some player can get on WvW before me, even if i have been waiting much longer. Any idea or fix?

Posted by: Roadkill.8674

Roadkill.8674

Having similar issue, wait for hours. Some player can get on WvW before me, even if i have been waiting much longer. Any idea or fix?

Likewise. 4 hour ques. Relog, 10 minute que. this need to at least be acknowledged.

Posted by: Shelledfade.6435

Shelledfade.6435

Gate of Madness, same problem. Took me around 3 hours to get into eternal battlegrounds.

Posted by: Ahmrill.7512

Ahmrill.7512

It would be nice to see some kind of acknowledgement concerning the Que issues. This is a big concern and source of frustration for many guilds and players. Not looking for an ETA or a fix but it would be nice to know Arenanet is aware of it.

Ahmrill
Proud member of [NORD] Nordvegr Guild
Jade Quarry

Ahmrill.7512

Same issues all afternoon. People logging in the game and queing are getting in before people who have been qued hours longer.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Ahmrill.7512

Waited 9 pm- 1 am EST to get in WVW…didnt get in. Now I’ve been qued for 2 hours 11am-1pm. My little brother got in in 10 mins this morning, and my buds got in in 20 mins last night. This is ridiculous and very disappointing as I only had this weekend to play with them

Lots of frustration with this in our guild as well. We have people with limited time and can’t reliably que because of the random or inflated que times. This seems to be an intermittent issue, and makes me wonder what other factors are used in the que mechanics.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Ahmrill.7512

It’s not just the que times… it’s the INFLATED que times due to bugs or the forumula used to balance teams/servers in WvW. Nothing official announced regarding this issue, and not sure if it’s intended or a bug.

Nobody likes to wait in a long line up and watch as people cut in the line ahead of them…. that’s exactly what it feels like with the que sytem right now.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: SanguisAevum.5108

SanguisAevum.5108

Today i have been in the WvW queue for farshiverpeaks borderlands for several hours.

Yet, MULTIPLE guild members have since logged in, and got STRAIGHT into the same borderland, or at most, have waited 5 to 10 minutes.

This situation is repeated every day. Some people queue for hours, others get straight in, despite joining the queue AFTER those that have been queuing for hours.

SOMTHING is not right. please look into it.

Ahmrill.7512

Feel your pain SanguisAevum….

Biggest source of frustration right now in our guild. It completely hinders friends trying to que at the same time, because it’s impossible to get pops at roughly the same time. I haven’t seen a single acknowledgement of any kind from Arenanet regarding the que issue. Even if they have no idea what’s causing the que bugs, it would be nice to know it’s “on the list”.

Ahmrill
Jade Quarry

Posted by: Scott.8470

Scott.8470

I’ve Noticed the wvw queue’s are long , i can live with that. But queueing for 3hours + when my guildies can queue for 1-5mins is bloody frustrating . My warrior queues just go on forever, my thief on the other hand has no problems with the queues what so ever.

Is this just me or are other people experiencing this?

Posted by: DeonCadme.4971

DeonCadme.4971

Sounds like the WvW system wants a certain ratio of each class to balance things and we got way to many warriors

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

WvW will be the end-game for my guild (and many others I imagine). I think WvW needs to be rebalanced to support larger numbers.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Scott.8470

Well i hoped it could be the end game for my 80 warrior , but the game seems to not want me to play……

Posted by: Elshagan.6342

Elshagan.6342

It’s already so large that 100% of the time at a large battle no enemies are rendered so I end up just attacking thin air… (Most noticeable at Stonemist Castle after matching process)

Ezrael Curzeblood: 80 Necro
Januk Monkeydoodle: 80 Engi
Knowledge is your friend: 1 of every class for sPvP except Ele.

Scott.8470

Why was my thread merged with this one , but no answer given to our problem , POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Roadkill.8674

Again, seeing multiple random que times. It appears the que is not based on when you join. It would be great to have some acknowledgement from Anet. If this is a bug or intended to be random.

Posted by: Fewzz.3861

Fewzz.3861

Guild Wars 2: Overflow, yes that is what we get if we cant (and we cant) get into the WvW, so what do we do argh! sort this out seriously WvW is what we want.

Roadkill.8674

Needs addressing…

Scott.8470

needs adressing now please.

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

something is off about wvw queues… please investigate

Posted by: Muji.7034

Muji.7034

Im so tired Arenanet. I play this game only for WvW. And since two days i see ALL my guildmates (40+) queueing AFTER ME, and they get the pop to enter in under 10 min while i always have more than 1 HOUR, even up to 4 hours of wait…and I’ve yet to see a pop those last two days. Fix it.

Posted by: Muji.7034

Muji.7034

Plus the bad clipping mechanic that completely ruins WvW, make it so we can adjust it via a slider.

Posted by: SirHypnotoad.6549

SirHypnotoad.6549

Why are people already in WvW able to queue up for WvW?

Give that queue slot to someone else.

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

50 guild mates sitting in 4 hour que’s.

When you finally get in the game everything is a ghost fight. Terrible rendering/fps whatever you call it.

How long do you think people are going to stick around for this? Not long. 2-3 months of 4- hour que’s and terrible performance in wvw your going to end up with a dead game.

Im starting to get the feeling that I have been cash n grabbed.

(edited by Arson.4189)

Posted by: Arson.4189

Arson.4189

rofl wait to have fun. I forgot about that well ive waited 6 days lol

Posted by: Cydon Prax.4918

Cydon Prax.4918

Yeah on Jade Quarry the queue is between 5-7 hrs. This is really bad.

Posted by: Sinful.8406

Sinful.8406

Echoing what the above postes have said.

The biggest problem, for me, is the complete lottery the que seems to be. I can be qued for 2h (Henge of Denravi), some guildie logs on and gets a pop after 30 seconds. Yesterday i spent a total of 9 hours qued for the Borderlands where my guild was fighting, meanwhile some got in straight away.
It’s unacceptable to handle this games “endgame” in such a sloppy manner.

Give us some information while in que! From the top of my head most games have been able to provide this. Having played WoW, RIFT and SWTOR i’m used to beeing in que for hours upon hours, but i atleast knew place in que/estimated time and could plan around it. In GW2 i’m forced to constantly watch the screen, cause there’s NO way to know when i’ll get in.

TL;DR
The lottery system needs to go.
We need proper ques.
We need to know where we are in the que.

This needs fixing Anet, and quite fast.

Posted by: haderach.2410

haderach.2410

Yep, fake queues still run rampant. I had to wait nearly 4 hours for my queue to pop while others logged in after I had queued and got in under 20 minutes.

The guild leader for a WvW event started his queue 2 hours before the event and NEVER got in for a 6 hour event. This kind of system just discourages organized guild play and frankly discourages players from continuing to log in since they can’t even play or make plans to play.

The mystery of the queue is also creating its own superstition of when and how to queue for best results. As a programmer you know something isn’t working right when superstition enters software.

Posted by: Runningwild.4692

Runningwild.4692

Hi all!
Need a queue position indicator, and fix.
4 hours queues, impossible to join guildmates in WvWvW
Need www overflow, or something new fix…

bb

Desolation – EU
The Expendable Horde [ExH]

Posted by: Shaileya.7063

Shaileya.7063

As myself and my guildies want the WvW together, we have pretty much been unable to touch WvW after release. I got -5- queue pops.. but my guildie got none. It was highly frustraiting as we were heart questing and eventing together in the meantime.

As it stands right now, PVP has zero ability to be done in a social setting. You cannot group queue for SPVP, and since the WvW queue doesn’t even work like a real queue should, you also cannot have any guild fun in WvW either, which pretty much defies all those PVP related guild perks in the game.

Posted by: jonny.2093

jonny.2093

Hai!

Can’t agree more with the guys. WvW is one of the best features in the game, yet we can’t play it. It should be top priority right now for you to fix.

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

Arenanet please give a status on this issue, the queue bug impact negatively the game experience.

As said before it should be in the “to fix soon” list and as far as we know it is not.

Posted by: Talek.1905

Talek.1905

You can always reroll for low/mid populated server like our Ruins of Surmia. We have strong guilds like BOON Control, Vengeance of the Fallen or Afterlife + queue in prime time was ~20 min. The only issue is lack of late night/early morning players so even if we won against high servers after restart and in prime time we often lose matches

It’s not an issue, it’s players mentality where some servers have 4 or 5 x more people than others cuz they need to win with the zerg. Real hardcore WvWvW guilds won’t looking for easy wins.

Posted by: zepitou.2908

zepitou.2908

+1 for fixed and working queues that also show you your position in the queue.

At least ANet, post a status or acknowledge the issues.

Fëar Moniëo – Vizunah Square

Posted by: Sinful.8406

Sinful.8406

You can always reroll for low/mid populated server like our Ruins of Surmia. We have strong guilds like BOON Control, Vengeance of the Fallen or Afterlife + queue in prime time was ~20 min. The only issue is lack of late night/early morning players so even if we won against high servers after restart and in prime time we often lose matches

You don’t get it, do you?

It’s not so much the ques themselves, but that the que SYSTEM is completly and utterly broken.
I’m fine with waiting in que, but i’m NOT fine with not having any idea of how long the que is, where i’m at or that some people randomly bypass the whole que. That kitten needs to go before alot of us loose interest in WvW.

Posted by: Aramyre.7083

Aramyre.7083

It’s more a random entry generator than a queue. I don’t mind waiting as much, but it is very, VERY frustrating when you queue 2-3 hours while your friend logs in, enters after 20 minutes, disconnects and then re-enters and you are still in queue…

Obviously, the queue is not working AS a queue. It either should be fixed so it does or the name should change since it’s misleading as it is not working as a queue.

Posted by: Norvindus.9536

Norvindus.9536

Bug report :

1 : Queue is not working as many others have written its a total lottery if you get in.

2 : Actually numbers of people on your server side on a map. Again with the queue system it should not be possible at any time for 8 people to get the message at the same time that the same borderland map is open when all 8 had queued at different times, but it did happen for my guildmembers and I this saturday. They were not grouped either.

FIX :
1 : Indicator of actually queue position (That is correct and not an number pulled out of a hat)

2 : Player counter on a given map for your team.

About number 2: I know Arenet is very secretive about how many actual players can be in a given borderland map, but its getting ridiculous when you feel you are being run over, because of number difference and your server still have queues for that borderland map.

Guild : TDA

username.4932

First post cleaned to avoid thread drifting as much as possible.

Posted by: Zoly.4057

Zoly.4057

an option to queue for all 4 battlegrounds at the same time would be nice.

and yes its lottery … always nice to see guildmates getting in after 5 minutes while you get stuck in the queue for 5 hours ….

Posted by: Dez.6507

Dez.6507

Until they can supply a fix to this problem (which may take a while I guess). Transfer to low pop. servers.

username.4932

Not an option, no “low pop server” for some language plus we have guild structures and alliances. If the alliance and its followers move then the low pop server (which doesn’t exist) becomes a high pop server and we are then again at the same point.

It should not be necessary to repeat this every 10 posts, it’s common sense.

(edited by username.4932)

Posted by: Dez.6507

Dez.6507

I did not read the entire thread.

Just a suggestion for those guilds that don’t have alliances like you. Would help in making the WvWvW more balanced pop. wise.

Roadkill.8674

Need a que position indicator. Thx

Posted by: zepitou.2908

zepitou.2908

Is it like we’ll need to bump and ask every guild mates/rvr players to reply to this topic every hour until we obtain some explanations from ANet… ?

Fëar Moniëo – Vizunah Square

Posted by: Jello.1689

Jello.1689

Agree that some sort of indicator for queue location is needed. In addition to what map is likely to pop next as to avoid “Q” for a map that isn’t going to pop any times soon or a Q all button.

Right now I have not been able to participate in any WvWvW since beta just for poops and giggles I spent my free day (wife and kids out) in Q for over 10 hours without a pop and that is with only staying in one zone and making sure to not hit the overflow.

Clearly if I can’t get into a game in 10+ hours there is no way I will ever see WvWvW since RL priorities prevent me from wasting away in my basement playing games.

This needs to be addressed

Roadkill.8674

Implement a fix that shows our position in que please. Thx.

Posted by: Crazedmonk.9061

Crazedmonk.9061

Yea this is absolutely unacceptable, add insult to injury some of us get the Nuclear reactor is overheating alarm sound bug and then we crash and have to join the terrible queue all over again.

Posted by: Mode.5629

Mode.5629

Not only Queue is bugged but also population cap. Either 60% of my server on current map is afk under a rock or it must be broken because I saw instances in which one realm was able to push 2 other realms to their spawn using NUMBERS AND NUMBERS ONLY.
How can you out man 2 other realms at the same time?

On a side not me and my Guild Members queued to one Map. Results after 30 minutes: Some had their queue up 7 times while others didn’t even got pop up once.

Posted by: Jur Grady.8409

Jur Grady.8409

Queing indeed seems totally random.
It’s simply horrible at the moment, hours and hours to wait.
And it has been like this for weeks now, since this isn’t bound to the fact that “everybody starts in the same area so during startup it is normal to end up in overflow” one can’t but wonder if there will ever come a proper solution. Or if people will just start leaving, and when people start leaving that often becomes a snowball.
It honestly scares me for the future of the game, because WvWvW is one of the things that should keep people playing after hitting max level.
And if that fails, people will not stick around. And currently it is failing, the queueing is simply not working properly.

As mentioned one of the things that would help is an indictaion of your position in the queue.
Another one is, people that don’t leave the spawn area in X amount of time should get booted. There are simply too many “inactive” people hanging around in WvW taking up spots for people that are queuing.

In short WvWvW really needs some love and attention from the devs.

Posted by: Perlo.5461

Perlo.5461

to be honest, i had this too. Queueing all day! But i played in Underworld, High / full populated, i then switched to : Kaineg, Medium populated and there is only a small queue of 1-2 min in Eternal Battleground. Same as in WoW. you might have to wait long for PvP …..