WvW: No credit for kills?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

Not sure if this is a bug or not, but thought I would bring it up here.

I’ve noticed that I haven’t been getting credit, or experience for some kills in WvW. I know they’ve been tagged, and sometimes I even stomp them, but still no credit for a kill, no loot, no exp. Has anyone else noticed this?

P.S.

Taken from this thread in the WvW forums
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/wuv/wuv/No-Credit-For-Kills/first#post4416003

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Posted by: Nutjob.9021

Nutjob.9021

I notice this a lot. I didn’t check if I was getting xp, but I definitely don’t get credit for half or more of my WvW tags of enemy players (when it comes to daily achievements for example).

I think maybe certain types of attacks don’t count. For example, condition damage does not count I think. AoE’s may not count either (such as cluster bomb from thief or dagger storm). That last one is really annoying as I can tag many, many people in an enemy zerg for significant amounts of damage, but I only get credit for a few of them. Meanwhile my warrior and guardian friends who can survive in the heart of an enemy zerg long enough to melee many of the enemy get tons of credit. I think this unfairly penalizes people for playing the “squishier” classes.

Another type of attack that may not count for kills is the “ricochet” style of attack. Many attacks hit a first enemy and then bounce to a second or even a third. I don’t think any but the first hit count for kills and xp in WvW.

This penalty for not playing a heavy armor class has been in the game for months. I forget what the patch was, but it is very annoying as I like competing for WvW kills with my guildmates and now I cannot. I spend much less time in regular WvW as a result and WvW has been my main reason for playing GW2.

I believe that this is not a bug, but a deliberate (but really stupid) feature designed to address a perceived unfairness in the other direction – namely that ranged and area attacks favor more tagging. But, melee attacks are inherently area effect attacks, even if it is a small area. And they are area attacks that move with the player, unlike most area effect attacks and they have little or no cool down or cost compared to most area attacks. Just spamming the “1” key gives melee an unlimited non-stop area attack that follows them around. With my thief, cluster bomb and choking gas use up my initiative so that I have to stop using them for a while from time to time. Dagger storm has a 90 second cool down.

Would it be fair to make melee attacks while invulnerable not count for warriors? I bet they’d scream bloody murder if that happened and I would not blame them one bit.

It’s very annoying, but I believe this “bug” is actually “working as intended”.

Posted by: Thanatos.2691

Thanatos.2691

I’m guessing they’re trying to change the system so that people can’t just tag once and move on, but I do think there is something buggy about it. I was taking players health down about 80% when the zerg comes in and finishes off the last 20% in about a second. I don’t get any credit for the kill. This has happened quite a few times since the feature patch.

:Edited for spleling errors:

Golden shackles are still golden.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Had this happen last night in WvW a few times. Hit a camp, I’m the first one to hit the claimer, auto-attack it and it gets zerged down pretty fast, but no credit for the kill and no loot. Attack a tower, I’m the first one up the ramp to hit the lord, AA again, lord gets zerged down and I get no credit for the kill and no loot. It only happened twice, but in the same circumstances previous through 415 WvW ranks, it never happened.

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

It could very easily be this rearing its head again, if you have a particularly large zerg..

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Champions-killed-no-XP-or-champ-bag

Due to the smaller HP pools of players compared to monsters, it’s not something that should come up all the time, but the downed state does count towards kill credit. If fifty or sixty players are actually tagging a given target with damage before he dies, some of them will likely be left off the kill credit due to the “first come, first served” nature of the current tagging system.