WvW: T2 NA is using T2 EU match data [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Chaba.5410

Chaba.5410

It started about an hour ago. I’m playing on Fort Aspenwood on my alt account. On blue map, OBEY has lava keep claimed and I’ve been utilizing the WvW auras they had there all morning when suddenly it disappeared. Same thing occurred on rampart keep. The auras are missing.

So I ask the OBEY guild leader about it. He was in Eternal Battleground at the time and looks at the in-game map and sees that a guild called LiC has lava keep on blue map claimed. I confirmed by going to EBG and same thing happens.

This lead to the discovery that when a player is in EBG, they are seeing the T2 EU match data on their in-game maps! I suspect this is related to why all the auras disappeared from the keeps.

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs
RIP [SIC] Strident Iconoclast

(edited by Chaba.5410)

Posted by: TorquedSoul.8097

TorquedSoul.8097

I originally posted this in the WvW forum but maybe that wasn’t the right location for it.

Here is the link to the original post. I don’t want to re-post the entire thing.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Error-in-WvW-Glicko-Scoring

Chaba.5410

Here’s the screenshot from blue map.

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu
Founding member of [NERF] Fort Engineer and driver for [TLC] The Legion of Charrs

Chaba.5410

Here’s a screenshot of T2 EU blue map lava keep claim from wvwintel site.

Attachments:

Chaba Tangnu

Posted by: hbillhas.7803

hbillhas.7803

WvW bug? Yep that’ll get fixed in a few months or as ANET puts it soon.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

@Chaba: good detective work. If you have the time, I recommend using the in-game /bug report tool and creating a support ticket — bhillhas might be right that it won’t get fixed immediately, but the chances are much better if we make sure that ANet knows all the details to help them troubleshoot. This might even be something that can be fixed server side, without a new client.

https://help.guildwars2.com/anonymous_requests/new

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Chaba.5410

Already used /bug. Support ticket? Nah just repost on Reddit.

Chaba Tangnu

Posted by: Zachary Stiers

Zachary Stiers

Gameplay Programmer

This should only be a cross-map visual bug. This means that some of the information you see from a different map might be wrong, but while playing on the map the objective is actually on information should all be correct. If this turns out to not be the case in any situation please let me know.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Note: Because the external WvW API should still be function correctly websites that display information from there should still be working.

Real Life Hero

TorquedSoul.8097

Thanks for having a look at my original post.

However I think merging it with this post may have been an error as they are different issues.

My original post deals with the WvW Glicko rating system and how the old Sine function for calculating the “actual” score is not consistent with the historical data and is therefore not properly rewarding the servers performance. As it stands, it doesn’t reward strong performers enough and doesn’t penalize weak performers enough. This greatly impacts tier mobility.

Here is the link again to the original post:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/wuv/Error-in-WvW-Glicko-Scoring

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

This should only be a cross-map visual bug. This means that some of the information you see from a different map might be wrong, but while playing on the map the objective is actually on information should all be correct. If this turns out to not be the case in any situation please let me know.

Maybe related, and not cross-map: Last night, on NA Tier 2 EBG, my maps where rendering guild mate dots as if they were “in different instances of this map”, complete with the lower resolution update frequency you would expect when that is true. Of course, it wasn’t true. They were in my instance of EBG, but approaching them until they were rendered in my client did not end that bug.

In the same play session, called target reticle was not rendering correctly. It was dark red on player characters and most combatant NPCs, bright (normal) red on some NPCs; mostly ambients. This was noticed by other players in the same map and time. Apparently it was not consistent across all connected clients.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

Chaba.5410

Uh yea… What’s with the merge? The glicko scoring and in-game map display are completely separate issues.

Chaba Tangnu

Posted by: hbillhas.7803

hbillhas.7803

It’s all related to WvW so it falls under the category of UNSUPPORTED GAME MODE.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

Maybe related, and not cross-map: Last night, on NA Tier 2 EBG, my maps where rendering guild mate dots as if they were “in different instances of this map”, complete with the lower resolution update frequency you would expect when that is true. Of course, it wasn’t true. They were in my instance of EBG, but approaching them until they were rendered in my client did not end that bug.

This has been standard since the introduction of the new maps. I made a post about it 2 months ago. These “bugs” make me believe even more that megaserver is coming to our beloved WvW.

Posted by: Virtute.8251

Virtute.8251

This has been standard since the introduction of the new maps. I made a post about it 2 months ago. These “bugs” make me believe even more that megaserver is coming to our beloved WvW.

Ah. Guess I was paying more attention, and looked for the tooltip on minimap, after the reticle bug. GG.

Could also be a party/squad issue. I was in neither. The guildmates who glitched were probably in party together. The guildmates who didn’t glitch were unlikely to be in that party; they were playing differently. It was an off night, so we weren’t in squad together.

Legendary PvF Keep Lord Anvu Pansu Senpai
RvR isn’t “endgame”, it’s the only game. Cu in CU.

(edited by Virtute.8251)

TorquedSoul.8097

I guess the glicko problem is going to get buried with this unrelated thread.

When you consider this design flaw with the cost of server transfers, servers have essentially been put in a pay to win situation of they want to move up tiers.