WvW: "You cannot drop bundles in the air"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Pendragon.8735

Pendragon.8735

New bug since the patch. When you try to use siege equipment in certain locations, usually on the ledge of a tower wall, it will give the error message in the title, and you cannot do anything from that point on. You cannot fire the siege, you cannot get off the siege, you cannot use any of your skills. You are just locked in place useless.

The only escape I know of is to waypoint or logout and in.

This has happened at least half a dozen times alone since the patch, it is very annoying and needs addressing quickly.

Posted by: Khursun.2354

Khursun.2354

I agree, this has happened to me and my guildies more than a few times, along with getting stuck in walls constantly.

T-Rex
Raijin Hammerstorm/Lightstorm/Shrimpstorm

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

Yes, this needs an URGENT fix! Happens often when jumping on siege quickly eg. When a Zerg is hitting. You can imagine the trouble it causes!!

Piken Square

Posted by: Jong.5937

Jong.5937

BTW, lots of chat about it on RoS. It is not just affecting some people.

Piken Square

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

yeah its terrible i got stuck on an arrow cart and couldnt wp or leave during a fight at inner keep.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Skuzzy.7953

Skuzzy.7953

BUMP… we often have one player tag siege due to new despawn mechanic. Whoever gets stuck with the job screams in TeamSpeak about being stuck eventually… this and repeated falling animations are kitten.

Posted by: Archangelus.8671

Archangelus.8671

It’s not the location. It’s the fact that you jumped forward, but never moved after landing (you made a short hop forward, not holding movement keys when you landed). The recent patch removed the game’s ability to tell when you land a jump. It only knows you’re on the ground when you move on the ground in a direction (even a fidget will suffice, so just strafe a little after landing).

If you jump forward (for example, onto a little ledge to use Siege Weapons), until you actually move (WASD) after hitting the ground, the game still thinks you’re in the air!

Here’s a video showing short jumps forward, and how you can’t use skills (or, in your case, you can’t drop bundles you’ve picked up like Siege): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsANqpVNKIM <—- I cannot stress this enough: The game doesn’t know when you land a jump. It thinks you’re in the air forever. Only when you start moving on the ground does it know you’ve hit, doling out any fall damage, allowing you to use skills, and letting you drop bundles (aka ‘stop using siege’).

And here’s a video showing the Jump Looping issue, which occurs when you do the same thing while performing a skill in the air: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbD8PDHSOWc

P.S. You can escape Siege by reequipping a weapon. This is still a horrible bug, as you can’t do anything if you’re in combat mode except slowly die (or log off).

P.P.S. This bug randomly stops occurring after you’ve been online for a while, and it doesn’t ever seem to cause issues in some zones (PvP/Mists is still fine). Log in to LA or WvW if you want to see it (high population areas with a fresh login).

(edited by Archangelus.8671)

Posted by: nasfieldjohn.2416

nasfieldjohn.2416

up this bug,

very bad since only way you can get out of the siege equipment is to waypoint out

why havent they fix it yet

Posted by: Nyx Xox.3540

Nyx Xox.3540

If you press H and equip a new weapon it will get you out of it. Obviously this wont work if in combat

Its soooo annoying especially when you’re constantly refreshing siege.

Its Nyx Yo
[CNB] Guild leader/Commander
Sea of Sorrows

Posted by: Shadynasty.1760

Shadynasty.1760

I hate this bug. it KEEPS HAPPENING. Please fix this ASAP. I just had to abandon a WvW fight, which is bullsquash!

HoD – Valkyria Immortalis [VLK]
Sister Mary Steroid – Mesmer | Barbara Bush – Guardian | Bonnquisha – Warrior

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

It seems related to ledges, when i’m on a ledge, I can’t use skills as well. I was able to shoot players from standing on a ledge. Groundtargeted or directly before.
Before the update I could only fire when on the ledge, now I can’t when i’m on the ledge. Before I couldn’t fire when the ledge was in between me and the foe. Now sometimes I can. The last makes it harder to drag me off the castle, but doesn’t seem like intended behavior. Seems to me there’s something that changed how ledges work. Cause the ‘stuck on siege’/’can’t drop bundles in the air’ is also related to manning siege when you man it standing on a ledge.
Together with the fact that you only get falling damage only after you do 1 step after falling. It all seems to me it’s all related. Please can we get some feedback on this?