WvW bonus world chests

WvW bonus world chests

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Thorquist.8126

Thorquist.8126

Some people are getting those, while many don’t. I guess the latter is the correct way, since some people get way too many chests for their ranks. Additionally, it’s not a visual bug, my guildie told me he’s getting those chests.

One of the examples in the attachment.

Attachments:

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

Im feeling bad everytime Im opening these :/

Attachments:

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Majuub.6215

Majuub.6215

Don’t feel bad, anet can’t determine the difference between those exploiting this and those doing it by accident. No actions will be taken except to remove all bonus chests everyone has stacked up. Namely, Black Lion Key farmers make a new character every ~20mins, resulting in Ax chests being added, x = number of runs, A = rank – 1.

It is apparent that they either don’t know how to hot-fix this, or it just isn’t a large concern to them and will be fixed Tuesday with the various other bugs, including daily resets for some.

Ethereal Guardians [EG]
Sea of Sorrows

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

Wow – they “fixed” it:

WvW rank-up bonus chests are now limited per account:
No new bonus chests will be awarded beyond a maximum of 99.
Existing bonus chests will be capped at 250. Any beyond this will be discarded.

Way to handle exploitable bugs.

Oh you accidentally got 1 million time gated Gold for free – hmm you can keep all you already used and we leave you 250 just to be on the safe side.

But what did I expect after all the rich Skyhammer farmers now proudly spamming their dragon finishers.

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Thalion.1324

Thalion.1324

This is no solution. This is just encouraging bug exploiting.
It’s fine for me that none gets banned, it’s really hard to understand who intentionally exploited this bug and who didn’t… it’s also hard to erase bugged chests’ earnings before this patch… but the complete removal of ALL the remaining bugged ones it’s simply the only right thing to do.
This is a kick in the a*s of all honest players.

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: GreenAlien.5623

GreenAlien.5623

Not really, it’s not like anyone was able to actually open all their chests, and you easily got 250 perchance even without bug exploiting..

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

0 chests here. I should have mad new chars too

WvW bonus world chests

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

How would you get to 250 bonus chests without the bug?