WvW crash when entering water

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: benji.2834

benji.2834

For the past couple of weeks our WvW raids have been experiencing crashes sometimes when entering water in Alpine Borderlands. We’ve tried to replicate it without any success. This crash usually takes out around 75% (15) of our raid with a crash to desktop. It happens a few times a raid. When I try to send the log it times out and says failed to send email. I’ve attached the log.

Attachments:

Posted by: JDjitsu.7895

JDjitsu.7895

I haven’t had it happen to me personally, but I’ve been in party with quite a few who have, and I also saw it happen to a few ppl while someone was streaming a WvW raid on Twitch. It’s especially annoying when there are large queues. So yeah, it has to be fixed asap.

Wiggin/LittleEnder/XeroCool/Filthydirtyrotten/MizDemeanor/EnderThaXenocide/ShadowOfWiggin-
Maguuma & A Few alts on other NA/EU servers

Posted by: trueanimus.4085

trueanimus.4085

this was a problem about a year ago with nvidia cards.

1. update your drivers… that is most likely the cause since i dont see mass reports of it here.

2. run the game in windowed full screen mode… this solved a LOT of lighting and crash problems for me

3 lower shadows and lighting effects.. the game is getting a stack overflow when entering water because of the reflection code they added about a year ago… the above full screen mode trick basically bypasses that effect code for me.

hope this helps

Posted by: judge.8754

judge.8754

I pretty much doubt it is a driver issue. I am from the same raid group.

What already happened with us a couple times in bay:
1 We cata south inner bay.
2 We jump into the water.
3 A lot of our people crash at the same time.

The crash always:
1 involves 1 or more entering water
2 crashes multiple people (even people who didn’t jump in water yet)
3 When people have this crash they always crash at the same time

And yes, we do not always crash when going into water luckily!

Mesmers Are Evil / Miss Judge WvW junky
Playing A Game [TaG]
Gunnars Hold

(edited by judge.8754)