WvW ranks not accumulating for me

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

It appears that all of my characters WvW ranks have just increased to that of my highest character instead of accumulating since the April 15th patch? Is this working as intended?

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: Dante.8456

Dante.8456

same issue here

Desolation EU
Guardian / WvW Enthusiast

Posted by: RabidCoqui.1983

RabidCoqui.1983

Seems I’m in the same boat

Posted by: Liz.5921

Liz.5921

Same here, along with other guild members.

Veliya Elyse of [ARES]
Human Elementalist <3
Dragonbrand U.S.

Posted by: Prometheus.6781

Prometheus.6781

Same here. It seems to have taken my highest and used that for all characters.
Also – My PVP did exactly the same thing. Used the highest – not cumulative – total :/

Posted by: Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Same issue here. Had 941 on main and 100+ on a few others. All characters show 941. I logged all of my characters into wvw map, twice.

(edited by Aretimus Wolfe.6589)

Posted by: Sergoros.4398

Sergoros.4398

Same here. It just used my highest level.

Posted by: joneb.5679

joneb.5679

Please if any devs read this can you tell us if you are looking into it or will I need to make a ticket?

I use forums to give my opinions but I mostly avoid discussing over
them due to those less than polite individuals out there and their offensive attitude.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Same issue here. Had 941 on main and 100+ on a few others. All characters show 941.

Just curious, have you logged into all your toons, let them load into a map (not sure if it has to be a WvW map or not, but I would log into WvW before switcing to your next toon) then try your main again?

My other thought is, if somehow it bugs out after 1000 rank?

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Quick Mouse.7635

Quick Mouse.7635

Worked fine for me. Had 2 chars in the 400s, one at 115, and a bunch between 20 and 70. Logged onto each character. Was rank 1175 after everything added up

Tactical Fury [TF] – Late NA/early OCX driver (SoS)
Spirit of Faith [HOPE] – RIP

Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Hi Ethics. Yes I logged all of my characters into wvw. I did this 2 days in a row and still no change Might have to submit a support ticket. Not sure if it matters what server I’m on.

Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Submitted a support ticket and awaiting an answer. I also noticed that for those people it did work for, have reward chests coming. I had none.

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Next

I’m investigating this issue. Nothing final to report yet, but I wanted you to know that it’s being looked into.

One suspicion I have as to what happened has to do with how the account-bound WXP feature was released in phases. For some time prior to the 4/15 update, we had the WXP of characters which loaded into maps added to the account total. But your character’s WXP was still being displayed and used for game logic as before. This let us check on the correctness of things before completely using account-bound WXP.

So, one thing I think might have happened: If you took note of your Rank after the 4/15 update, that account Rank would have already included the WXP from other characters that you played with while we were in the prior phase of testing account-bound WXP. Then after using one of those other characters, your account Rank wouldn’t have changed, since that character would have already been added to the account total.

Aretimus Wolfe.6589

Hi Chris! First off ty for looking into this. I can say with complete confidence that I took note of my main characters rank before the update (rank 941) as I knew I wouldn’t be able to play again until after the update due to health issues.

I was curious why I had no reward chests at all awaiting me once all was tallied up. I play a lot of wvw and haven’t used my alts too much in this regard as my main was much more useful with all those points in abilities.

Thanks again for looking into this

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

What about people with loads of chests?

Posted by: Chris Barrett

Previous

Chris Barrett

Gameplay Programmer

Hi Chris! First off ty for looking into this. I can say with complete confidence that I took note of my main characters rank before the update (rank 941) as I knew I wouldn’t be able to play again until after the update due to health issues.

I was curious why I had no reward chests at all awaiting me once all was tallied up. I play a lot of wvw and haven’t used my alts too much in this regard as my main was much more useful with all those points in abilities.

Here’s what I’m seeing for your WXP totals (I’ll use the first letter of each character’s names, in case you don’t want their whole names displayed here):
A few days before the 4/15 update

• I.S. — 13,374 WXP (Rank 5).
  • M.T.F. — 336,570 WXP (Rank 70)
  • P.A. — 4,544 WXP (Rank 4)
  • P. — 1,053 WXP (Rank 2)
  • V. — 4,312,864 WXP (Rank 865)

A couple of days after the 4/15 update (only changes listed)

• V. — 4,351,360 WXP (Rank 873)

If the first sample’s values were all summed, you’d be at Rank 934 for your account. From the second sample, Rank 941. The only time you should’ve seen a Rank above 900 is after V. and M.T.F. were summed. So while I don’t know how a Rank above 900 could’ve been seen prior to 4/15 (maybe there was a brief display bug), your WXP totals look right. Assuming you gained 38,496 WXP on V. between those samples (8 Ranks).

There was a bug with the 4/15 release that gave out pending bonus Rank-gain chests to some players erroneously. We didn’t intend to change the number of these pending bonus chests for anyone, since they were already account-bound and acting as we wanted. In a recent hotfix, the chests were given both soft and hard caps.

• The pending bonus chests granted after a WvW match ends now cap at 99.
  • Existing chests are now capped at 250. Any extras beyond that cap are discarded.

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

Here’s what I’m seeing for your WXP totals (I’ll use the first letter of each character’s names, in case you don’t want their whole names displayed here):
A few days before the 4/15 update

• I.S. — 13,374 WXP (Rank 5).
  • M.T.F. — 336,570 WXP (Rank 70)
  • P.A. — 4,544 WXP (Rank 4)
  • P. — 1,053 WXP (Rank 2)
  • V. — 4,312,864 WXP (Rank 865)

A couple of days after the 4/15 update (only changes listed)

• V. — 4,351,360 WXP (Rank 873)

If the first sample’s values were all summed, you’d be at Rank 934 for your account. From the second sample, Rank 941. The only time you should’ve seen a Rank above 900 is after V. and M.T.F. were summed. So while I don’t know how a Rank above 900 could’ve been seen prior to 4/15 (maybe there was a brief display bug), your WXP totals look right. Assuming you gained 38,496 WXP on V. between those samples (8 Ranks).

There was a bug with the 4/15 release that gave out pending bonus Rank-gain chests to some players erroneously. We didn’t intend to change the number of these pending bonus chests for anyone, since they were already account-bound and acting as we wanted. In a recent hotfix, the chests were given both soft and hard caps.

• Existing chests are now capped at 250. Any extras beyond that cap are discarded.

So why do i with rank 290+ have 0 chests and some people with 300+ have 250? Because they created new chars and i didnt? thats the only explanation i have

Posted by: Falcon.6521

Falcon.6521

I have two questions regarding that:
1. Why are people allowed to keep any bugged/exploited chests? I may be able to understand how it is difficult to account for already opened ones (although I would still recommend a negative bonus chest counter for that).
2. Why is the cap so high – you can only get 3 a week by winning a match after all?

Posted by: Safari.3021

Safari.3021

Same here. It seems to have taken my highest and used that for all characters.
Also – My PVP did exactly the same thing. Used the highest – not cumulative – total :/

You realise PVP ranks always been accountbound, right?

So why do i with rank 290+ have 0 chests and some people with 300+ have 250? Because they created new chars and i didnt? thats the only explanation i have

I also don’t understand this, I just had 3 from the previous matchup and 0 after patch yet others have 250? o.O