WvWvW Jumping puzzle bugs [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: ENDREBUILD.7053

ENDREBUILD.7053

red borderlands, can open door but cannot open chest.

Posted by: Shienarier.2015

Shienarier.2015

I tried it again today, and it’s still bugged. The chest in the end is open and without loot, which could be correct since I don’t know how often this is repeatable.

But no achievement.

I also still have both key halves, and the chests containing the key parts are also empty, which also makes sense since I have the halves already.

Posted by: pmargeti.7680

pmargeti.7680

Bugged on red borderland (Piken Square). I’ve got both key parts and I can open the vault but the chest won’t open for me.

EDIT: I’ve tried destroying keys and reloading the borderland but now key chest appear open and I can’t loot any keys from them.

(edited by pmargeti.7680)

Posted by: Shienarier.2015

Shienarier.2015

I tried again today, and this time the chest was closed.
I opened the chest, and I got the achievements. Both for WvW, and the jumping puzzle achievement. They key halves also disappeared from my inventory.

Posted by: ohnodinosaur.3794

ohnodinosaur.3794

I tried again today, and this time the chest was closed.
I opened the chest, and I got the achievements. Both for WvW, and the jumping puzzle achievement. They key halves also disappeared from my inventory.

Nice! I will try when I get home today and give it a shot to see if its fixed for me as well. Thanks for the update.

Update: Yup sure enough let me go to the chest and open it, got both achievements.

(edited by ohnodinosaur.3794)

Posted by: Grav.3568

Grav.3568

Broken for me on Ehmry Bay BL. Got both key parts, opened the door, open chest, get loot, no achievement, still have key parts.

Relogged, the key parts are not a display bug, I still have them. Go back to the door, opens again, chest still open from earlier, no loot, still no achievement. vOv

Posted by: Shala Jarias.9456

Shala Jarias.9456

Same here as Grav, on Blue Borderlands (home server riverside) opened door + chest and got no achievement and key parts still.

Keys are still there and next morning the chest was still open. The person who I was jumping with had the same exact problem.

I will ofcourse try again later but this was really annoying :/

edit: I was able to redo the JP yesterday (11.11) and then it finally counted for me

(edited by Shala Jarias.9456)

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

MISMATCHING KEY AND BORDERLAND PUZZLES:

I discovered, very long ago, that if you get the key for one, then use it on one of the OTHER borderland vaults, you don’t lose the key. This meant that a person would be able to essentially open the vaults every day with a single key. If you came back to the original map after opening another borderland with that map’s key, the chest would not open.

If you come back to that map the next day, with the key, I found it was hit or miss on whether they key would function or not.

There might be something new going on, or maybe it’s just a manifestation of this bug.

Has anyone else had this experience?

Posted by: FrozenStarRo.7240

FrozenStarRo.7240

Apologies for the thread necro but I’m also having issues with the WvW JP. A guildie kindly offered to show me the home Borderlands JP (red) and help me get the achiev, but with both halves of the Mistwrought Key, the door opens but not the chest and no achievement pops up. My guildie was able to loot it without issues. I haven’t taken the key parts to other Borderlands as I didn’t want to risk it getting consumed without getting the achiev.

I’ve attached a screenshot of both halves in my inventory and the chest that is locked and won’t open. I tried relogging, it didn’t help.

Attachments:

Posted by: chris.9142

chris.9142

Did you assemble the key dosnt look like it it won’t work it 2 half’s

I5-4670k @4.2Ghz – 8Gb 2133mhz Gskill
Msi Z87 Gaming Board AMD R9 270x
-crucial 256 M500 SSD -Samsung 500Gb HDD

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can’t “assemble” the Mistwrought key. You just need to have both halves in your inventory to open the door.

That’s weird how it didn’t let you loot the chest though. Did you obtain both key halves in the same JP? Perhaps there’s a new bug where only the key obtained in that exact JP will work. (Getting the key from Red BL, for example, wouldn’t work in the Green BL.)

Posted by: Selver Fang.1790

Selver Fang.1790

Red Borderlands is still bugged, and during the WvW Tournament, no less.
Could open door, but not chest.

Posted by: Laureh.2097

Laureh.2097

Also in Red Borderlands with both key halves door opens but not chest and no achievement. Keys are no consumed. Relogged same deal. Tired of running back to jp

Posted by: Cerl.9527

Cerl.9527

Switched boarderlands and it worked out for me.

Posted by: Shr.3620

Shr.3620

Anet! It’s almost a year and it’s still not fixed?
I tried it today (red borderlands), I have both key halves, I can open the vault, the chest won’t open.
I reported a bug in-game too.
Please fix it asap.

Posted by: CrunchyCatfood.3291

CrunchyCatfood.3291

Still a problem. Got both halves at Anvil. Had to logout. came back before reset, (key chests still open), ran to the vault, opened the vault door but could not open chest!!!