"Your message has been suppressed due to excessive messaging"

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Geonde.2608

Geonde.2608

During a boss fight with the blood queen, I haven’t said anything for minutes, and when I get revived by a fellow player and I try to say ‘thank you’ , I get this error message.

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I get this error when i enter text too fast.
i tired to macro some canned responses because i am typing impaired and it was basically impossible because the wait needed not between posts but between keypresses while typing.

are you a fast typer?

I want to be able to say “go there” and point but it just doesnt work well. its really hard for me to communicate using the built in functions so without voice chat i end up being silent.

Posted by: Vortigon.2713

Vortigon.2713

this is probably to stop those idiots that spam every spell they cast – or move they make

Posted by: Crunchy Gremlin.5798

Crunchy Gremlin.5798

I wonder if the party chat has the same effect.
I think it would make sense to turn off the spam filter for party chat.

Posted by: qwetz.4879

qwetz.4879

I got the same annoying message for typing 3 sentences to a map chat in the course of 10 minutes. I’m sorry, but this is just nonsense.

Posted by: Edward.7362

Edward.7362

I can’t find a group now.

I typed 3 messages on /map each about 5 minutes apart “Looking for Arah story” and now I can’t use even /say because of my excessive usage?

You need to look into this.

Or give us tools to group for dungeon. A finder that works area-wide would solve it. Just sign up and wait until enough ppl subscribe.

Desolation EU
Shandaara – elementalist, Liiana Iceclaw – warrior
Sir Edward Ironwing – guardian, Infinius Black – necro

Posted by: starii.3865

starii.3865

I get this sometimes, too, mostly in areas where I and a bunch of people are randomly /dance’ing. For me it usually happens when I repeat the same message a few times (such as "WHOO or “OH YEAH” lol), and it happens after a few of the same message – but even fifteen, twenty, thirty minutes later, it still won’t let me post that message. Now what’s odd is I didn’t experience that at first on my sylvari in Divinity’s Reach, but a couple of days later I was getting it on my new human character. I was only using /say, and not /map, so I don’t know if it would do the same thing with /map.

It’s really annoying when you’re trying to actually say something to someone – and if it does have to do with typing speed than that’s just BS. I understand wanting to find ways to block spammers, especially those “GOLD FOR USD” people that are running rampant especially right now, but if it is typing speed than that is simply unjust. I mean, I type ~100wpm+, I can pop out short few word messages faster than some people can copy/paste.

I don’t think it’s a bug, probably, but I do think the criteria for message blocking should be readdressed.

Posted by: Liliana Moore.4237

Liliana Moore.4237

I can’t find a group now.

I typed 3 messages on /map each about 5 minutes apart “Looking for Arah story” and now I can’t use even /say because of my excessive usage?

You need to look into this.

Or give us tools to group for dungeon. A finder that works area-wide would solve it. Just sign up and wait until enough ppl subscribe.

You don’t have to spam the whole map area to hear you. Go to near the instance entrance and use /lfg command and speak in /say channel.

I am glad this function works as intended.

Posted by: Edward.7362

Edward.7362

You don’t have to spam the whole map area to hear you. Go to near the instance entrance and use /lfg command and speak in /say channel.

I am glad this function works as intended.

Oh, I didn’t know I can do that. Thank you, I’ll try it.

Desolation EU
Shandaara – elementalist, Liiana Iceclaw – warrior
Sir Edward Ironwing – guardian, Infinius Black – necro

Posted by: Youd.1375

Youd.1375

I think it’s related to typing the exact same thing several time (pasting in a LFG message for example), since that is typical spam-behaviour. Try changing your “macro/paste” message a little bit each time, might work.