Zenith skins disappearing from wardrobe

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Philkafou.7481

Philkafou.7481

Its not about the value of the skins but its about the possibility of losing other skins. I had all the zenith skins unlocked and i also unlocked a pinnacle skin a while ago. But after checking my wardrobe, over half of the zenith skins are still locked even though i had unlocked them in the past

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

You can contact the CS Team via the ‘Support’ link above/below and ‘Submit a Ticket’ for assistance.

Good luck.

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

All the skins unlocked via achievement points can be obtained as a consumable via the Hero panel – scroll right to the bottom of the achievements tab. Even if it’s missing from your wardrobe, you might still be able to withdraw the skins that way, and might help re-unlock then.

Also, just to confirm – you have at least 29,000 AP? The last zenith skin unlocks at 28k, and the first pinnacle skin at 29k. If so, should be easy enough to prove to CS exactly what should be unlocked.

Philkafou.7481

aye lads good responses ima do that, but what i was worried about is the possibility of losing other expensive skins that i have already unlocked. If it happened to zenith it can happen to other skins as well

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

. If it happened

Let’s confirm that it’s an issue first.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Just out of curiosity, how much AP do you have? The pinnacle weapons don’t even become available until 29k AP. If you’re under that amount, then you might be mistaken about the pinnacle weapon.

As for the zenith weapons, check if they’re available for withdrawal in your Hero Panel.

Philkafou.7481

i got 29.5k and i double checked before i made the post whether i had all the zeniths unlocked

Attachments:

Philkafou.7481

Here are some of the missing skins. Now remember that my concern is not losing these from the wardrobe but it is losing other skins that are harder to replace………. It could also be that i unlocked some of them before the wardrobe feature was introduced but i am not really sure if that is the case or if that would really matter

Attachments:

(edited by Philkafou.7481)

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Have you tried a -repair of the client? Tried taking the skins out and equipping to see if they unlock? Contacted the CS Team?

You may just have a corrupted file(s), since it does not seem to be widespread (yet).

Good luck.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Thanks for the screenshots. Definitely something is going on, but there’s little to say whether it’s an actual bug, a temporary display issue, or something going on with just your computer.

It definitely doesn’t matter when you unlocked the zenith skins — whether you did so before or after the wardrobe was added the game, all should be unlocked.

Two things worth trying:

• Repair your client. (as Inculpatus cedo suggested)
  • Open up your hero panel to the wardrobe sub-tab & see if you have the option to use the zenith greatsword or hammer etc (easiest way to check is typing “zenith” in the filter, after selecting a weapon)

Please keep us updated on what you learn.

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

It might be interesting to use one of the websites with API clients to show what you have unlocked, and see if they turn up there, too. It’s a separate path from your client for the data.

I use gw2efficiency.com but gw2timer.com also has an unlocks tool. I’m sure others also exist, and they work from the same data, so would provide the same feedback.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Good idea. The API tells you what the game thinks you have unlocked. After reviewing, the following possibilities emerge:

1. Zenith fully unlocked for account (API), but not on your display.
  2. Zenith not unlocked for account nor on your display.

If it’s the first, then it’s just a matter of convincing your computer to display the correct unlocks. Try repair first. You can also try logging in from a different PC. If neither helps, you’ll need ANet’s help in tracking things down.

If it’s the second, then it’s close to what you feared and you definitely want ANet working directly with you. They’ll want to know what happened, too.

As far as I can recall, no one at ANet has the power to re-lock skins (mentioned by them since it is an issue preventing mitigation a variety of other things that come up) — in other words, this would be really weird and concerning.

Posted by: banshee.9328

banshee.9328

I had the same situation. Just double clicked locked ones skins from “Unlocked Rewards” panel and they unlocked again (it was kind of funny seing ‘Locked skin’ in “Unlocked Rewards” tho, my bad i hadn’t made a screenshot). Still haven’t checked if some of the other skins had been locked somehow.

Cheers.