Zephyr's Ascent/Leap achievements: bug?

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Griznor.1650

Griznor.1650

If this has been addressed already, I apologize for posting but I didn’t see anything after searching.

Let me set the stage:
I have completed both Gates of Maguuma and Entanglement on two characters. I am currently working on my 3rd.

During the Fallen Hopes instance, I was on the step to finding the three clues. After finding two, I noticed the hay stack and decided to take some time to do both of the achievements listed in the title of this post.

While completing Entanglement on my 2nd character, I completed a couple achievements, so I figured this would be no different.

However, upon reaching the top of the mountain, I did not receive completion for Zephyr’s Ascent. So I then decided my luck at jumping onto the hay stack – barely hit it, but I lived. However, again, no completion.

I want to also note that after doing this, I had 3 of the 4 survey equipments destroyed, so I found the 4th and destroyed it. Again, no achievement completion.

I plan on revisiting these achievements once I have gone through Gates of Maguuma.

So the question remains: is this a bug or is this working as intended? If this is working as intended, then why was it changed for Entanglement (since as I mentioned above, I experienced completing achievements during similar circumstances)?

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I believe the bug is that you can complete a couple of Achievements before finishing the entire Episode story with that character.

There are a few threads here about it.

Posted by: Anai.7603

Anai.7603

Ok this has happened to me.

I have completed no achievements for this episode. Except the first one to complete it and I’m playing it on my second character.

I finally made it to the top of that stupid mountain and I got nothing. I jumped off and landed in the hay pile and still nothing. WHHHHHHY? ;_;

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, whichever character is attempting an Achievement must have completed the Story Episode in full.

In other words, you can not complete the Story part of the Episode with one character, and then attempt to complete the Achievements for that Episode with another character. It must be the same character that has finished the Episode (story).

Good luck.

Posted by: Anai.7603

Anai.7603

Oooops. Thanks.

I feel kinda dumb now ¬_¬

Posted by: Snapp.2654

Snapp.2654

This is just stupid. If I’m already going through with a second character, why can’t I get the achievements. Such a waste of time to have to go through yet again with a character that has already done it.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

This is just stupid. If I’m already going through with a second character, why can’t I get the achievements. Such a waste of time to have to go through yet again with a character that has already done it.

I’m not sure why you are posting in a 2 year old thread. Did you have a question? A suggestion? Did you want help with getting the achievements? Advice? In-game help?

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”