Zhaitan fight bugs [Merged]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: Swekos.1536

Swekos.1536

In the very last phase of the fight with Zhaitan at the end of Arah, in which you use large cannons to fire confetti at him, he does absolutely nothing to stop you. I did notice some strange black and green orbs landing on the deck behind our group but they did nothing. After such a dramatic buildup it just feels like a complete let down to have the final part of this fight be so boring and easy, and I refuse to believe a fight with an elder dragon would be designed so poorly.

Other bosses seemed to be missing mechanics as well, most notably the large undead golem that was supposed to summon grubs. He did not.

The legendary crystal effigy at the end of one of the citadel of flame explorable routes also seemed to be either not working as intended or severely overtuned. Before the fight we are told to destroy his crystals in order to weaken him, which reduces his stacks of regeneration. However after killing roughly 10 of the crystals he immediately summons 10-15 more, keeping his stacks at 15-25, making him practically unkillable. Our party easily completed the rest of the dungeon, so if this was a dps issue then the difficulty curve is just insane.

Posted by: Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Shanaeri Rynale.6897

Just had the first run through of victory or death spoiled by a number of game breaking bugs.

1. The champion lich boss DC’d everyone in the party each time it was at 50%. We reformed the party and thus cleared the instance and this allowed us to continue.

2. Cut scenes would come in either too early or too late. Interupting the flow of battle or halting progress until they decided to come in.

3. Our Party leader DC’d just before the cutscene of the battle airship Heart of Tyria turns up. Although she could re-connect Zhatian did not spawn. We tried a number of things such as having her re-log and each of us except her doing the same. Nothing worked.

Guildies have reported that there are other bugs too, such as destiny’s edge members not following, getting level 35 blue items in the end chest and some of the bosses (the mouth of Zhitan) glitching.

It’s a real shame this mission has lots of bugs, it’s easily the most epic one I’ve ever experienced.

Guild Leader of DVDF www.dvdf.org.uk since 2005

Posted by: Raven.6418

Raven.6418

Arah Dungeon
The last fight ‘Take the fight to Zhaitan’ simply doesn’t work at all.

Posted by: Tml.6835

Tml.6835

How is not working? It doesn’t trigger?

Worked for me yesterday.

(edited by Tml.6835)

Posted by: Jerot.2053

Jerot.2053

Just tried two runs now, both times the Chopper never came to take us to the draconic battery. It just stopped and we were stuck.

Posted by: Nipaah.7023

Nipaah.7023

Tried twice yesterday, first time someone crashed during the cutscene where you change to the bigger airship, which in turn caused Zhaitan to never spawn AT ALL.

Second try nobody crashed during the whole dungeon and Zhaitan came normally.

Posted by: Moromer.2081

Moromer.2081

My party just killed Zhaitan using the cannons. We got a cut scene but then nothing else happened. Watching some youtube videos we were supposed to get some xp and money but we got nothing sadly.

Posted by: Moromer.2081

Moromer.2081

We are still inside the instance if it’s any consolation.

Edit: we left.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Eldrene Ay Ellan.9206

Eldrene Ay Ellan.9206

so i did the dungeon (story) twice once on (i think) friday once today, and both time it didnt execute the next step.
Once the clip where zhaitan appears didnt show, once it did but we had to defend vs endless waves right after that. since we had managed up to then with 4 which took ages, im slightlykitten right now and would like to know when i can actually expect to do this without wasting 2 hours each time. Also we got a total of like 10 critical errors

“Bravery and beauty and wisdom and a love that death could not sunder.”