Zojja bug headwear [merged threads]

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: dommerik.1253

dommerik.1253

When I see Zojja she’s normal but when I got a dialogue with her, her headwear is disappeared . Okay this sounds not bad but its quite annoying if you have several dialogues with her and this bug.
YES ITS REPRODUCABLE!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

I’ve got a high level Asura, and I went Dynamics/Infinity Ball. Maybe I’m misremebering, but I don’t ever remember seeing Zojja without her helmet. My friend rolled an Asura, went Synergetics/Infinity Ball. I went to help him with a mission in the Synergetics storyline, and Zojja didn’t have a helmet in her cutscene.

Just wondering if this was a recent change, or does she only take her helmet off in Synergetics cutscenes? Or am I just misremembering?

It only stuck out to me, because having no helmet makes her baldness really stand out.

Posted by: nottsgman.8206

nottsgman.8206

its a recent change, lost shores patch made it disappear

70 ‘mains’ and waiting for more slots
| 61 Asura | 5 Charr | 2 Norn | 1 Human | 1 Sylvari |

Posted by: Nittles.1582

Nittles.1582

Well that’s a bummer. I think she looks way more awesome with it on.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Recent change to all NPCs in cutscenes. I guess maybe they changed it to fit the player (player characters never wear headgear in cutscenes) or something, I dunno.

I agree Zojja looks really odd without her headgear.

Posted by: AJP.8610

AJP.8610

It’s a known issue. Apparently, the game is treating all NPCs as player characters or something like that. Seen some rather comical pictures of female NPCs who are bald.

[VcY] Velocity ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Flemmox ~ Elementalist
Gormlaith Greycloak ~ Guardian

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Hi all,

I made a new character( Asura engineer – Bronk – infinity ball – Synergetics).
Zojja is missing her hat gear while being in cut scenes.
Can you please fix it? We can’t let a hero from Destiny’s edge run around like that.

Thank you

Attachments:

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

Posted by: Clockworkfiction.4872

Clockworkfiction.4872

I took this today when making a Asura Thief. I did find it rather funny when I first saw it.

Alhough I sometimes do wish that you could have the option to keep your headgear on like when you have the Engi monocle or stuff like that when it would fit the charecter best.

Attachments:

Posted by: Kojak.3928

Kojak.3928

Playing with a fellow guild member in their personnal storyline, we noticed upon entering chapter 4 where the player meets Destiny’s Edge together again for the first time, that Zojja is missing her headpiece during the dialog. This was witnessed by all 3 players in the party. Not sure if this is a bug for anyone else. The missing headpiece was consistent in each dialog scene.

Posted by: Felkes.2759

Felkes.2759

It’s not just Zojja either. I noticed that with any npc that wears headgear if you go into a dialogue cutscene thing with them, the headgear is gone. I got this with a couple of generic vigil soldiers during a story mission. It’s kind of funny to see a couple of bald humans chatting it up at first, but it does get annoying after a while, and Zojja just looks strange without her signature helmet.

Posted by: Wesley.4590

Wesley.4590

Yeah everything is headgear-less in cinematics now. It looks weird in some cases (like Zojja) and it doesn’t make sense because after the cinematic they immediatly wear their headgear again.

Posted by: CC Eva.6742

CC Eva.6742

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey there,

just a quick message to let you know that I have merged several threads that were informing us of this little bug. Thanks for letting us know!

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

To be honest, I never liked that dialogue cutscenes also remove player character’s headgear. Why not just respect the hide/unhide option in the Hero Screen?

I hope this NPC bug may convince the designers to not only revert NPCs to displaying their headgear, but giving the players this option too.

Posted by: Vrede.8942

Vrede.8942

Thank you for letting us now CC Eva. I just talked to Zojja gain and she catched a cold without her head gear.

I did notice that there are more npc’s in cut scenes that are missing headgear (female asura).

The Goonie who wasn’t in the movie.

(edited by Vrede.8942)

Posted by: umishi.8124

umishi.8124

I just started “Serving up Trouble”, and Zojja was bald in the cut scene.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shadowdawn.7946

Shadowdawn.7946

Sometimes it makes the NPCs stupid looking. And sometimes, much to the delight of Ash legion Charr players, it reveals things that we couldn’t see before, like Sicaea the Shrouded’s head. I don’t have a pic, but she has pink/red fur. Awesome. And Caithe doesn’t look any different.

I love all things Charr. They’re badkitten!

Posted by: GummiBear.2756

GummiBear.2756

Sometimes it makes the NPCs stupid looking. And sometimes, much to the delight of Ash legion Charr players, it reveals things that we couldn’t see before, like Sicaea the Shrouded’s head. I don’t have a pic, but she has pink/red fur. Awesome. And Caithe doesn’t look any different.

but dang zojja looks stupid without her headgear, kinda wanted to play a new asura character, but i cant really stand looking at headgearless zojja so enver get to play that chraracter Hope this will be fixed soon (though i understand it might or might not be so easy as some might think it is)

Posted by: Fury of Balthazar.2694

Fury of Balthazar.2694

This happened to me when, during the story line, Destiny’s Edge meets in LA.
I’ve also managed to capture this bug with other NPCs as well.

Attachments:

Posted by: makeshiftwings.8265

makeshiftwings.8265

Any progress on this? It’s been a month or so… can it really be that hard to revert this change?

Posted by: DathanielCHR.6453

DathanielCHR.6453

Still no sign of this bug being reverted, sadly enough. Did Sorrow’s Embrace story last night and poor Zojja still is having her hat taken away during conversation bits.

Plz Fix, A.Net. Thanks.

GummiBear.2756

Yes please, fix, in fact i cant stand leveling up my asura characters cause of this, so they kinda “stuck” due to that at a low lvl, zojja is just way too ugly without her headgear to look at (when she normally is so cute and funny)

Posted by: BAEK.8561

BAEK.8561

I was leveling an alt yesterday and today while doing personal story quests. I noticed that few of the NPCS are bald and have no hair. I assumed that this was their intended hair style (even though when I did these quests on my main few months ago, they all had hair). But as I kept doing more personal story quests, I’ve noticed that more and more NPCs come out as bald, even female NPCs.

This only happens during dialogues of story line quests. I can’t remember which quests had bald NPCs, but the “Stealing Secrets” one for sure does (because I’m on it right now).

{Sanctum of Rall} Since Day -3
Weekend Guardian/Elementalist
No Guild Affiliation

Posted by: Oglaf.1074

Oglaf.1074

It’s because they weren’t given any hair because they are supposed to be wearing helmets in the cutscenes.

Known bug, will prolly be fixed next patch or something.

I can do thirty Five-Dolyak Arm Curls.

Do you even lift, bro?

Posted by: Orb.2415

Orb.2415

Please return Zojja’s headwear. She doesn’t have hair, so she needs her goggles and that something on her ears for a very important reason: to look cute.

Posted by: Ibari.1294

Ibari.1294

It’s a general bug.

Not only Zojja. ALL characters that were supposed to show their helmet: Soldiers at the intro-stage of humans, Sons of Svanir… etc. are missing it.

Please return it, I’m tired of seeing bald characters in my Personal Story :/

…still unsure about my main character.

Posted by: BrotherOrin.2741

BrotherOrin.2741

Last thread closed yesterday, they said they are looking into this right now, but this seemed to be a simple problem to fix still…

GummiBear.2756

Last thread closed yesterday, they said they are looking into this right now, but this seemed to be a simple problem to fix still…

stuff that may seem “simple” to most users don’t necessarily always is it in the code etc

Posted by: Jaldy.6285

Jaldy.6285

Greetings.

Lately I’ve noticed a few things:

1) Zojja’s helmet is missing!

2) Many areas in Orr, there are “invisible objects” that you can run into and have to walk around, even though there’s nothing in your way. I couldn’t find a screenshot for these, but I have noticed them mostly in Malchor’s Leap.

3) The vista near Triumph Plaza has had its mushrooms disappear. I have heard that environment detail settings are to blame for this one, and have adjusted them accordingly—still no mushrooms. If you hadn’t known they were there, the vista would be impossible to get.

Attachments:

Posted by: ElseWood.5079

ElseWood.5079

Yes. That made me search for a way to the vista for hours. Then I searched in YouTube and saw the mushrooms… oO.
The problem is probably that something is defined wrong with them. If you have evironment on ‘low’ in the graphics settings they don’t show. But they SHOULD show since they are ‘important’…

Posted by: Warzog.6315

Warzog.6315

1) Some folks didn’t like the fact that player’s characters had their helmets removed, but the NPCs in the cutscenes didn’t, so they removed them. (I think Zojja should be an exception.)

2) Besides invisible items throughout Tyria, their are now trees, rocks, walls, and mountains that you can walk far enough into that you disappear.

3) Several Boss’, since Wintersday reached Lion’s Arch, have become virtually indestructable. Their regeneration rate is so high, it’s nigh on to impossible to kill one. Last night, with seven real players, three pets, two thieve’s guild, a fire elemental, and a dozen or more minions, it took us a half hour to kill a boss that my thief’s have solo’d dozens of times in under a couple of minutes. (Can’t recall where it was, but I’ve been encountering these boss’ everywhere.)

Posted by: storm officer.1028

storm officer.1028

also having the same problem with her, running on max resolution

Posted by: Tsuko.7649

Tsuko.7649

At the level 30 quest (sorry forgot the name) zojja was kind of bald.

Ive done that quest before but cant remember if it was normal or not!

But i think she deffintely needs a hat because this looks ridiculus :/

And sorry for my bad english ._.

It happends when logan meets the other (im a human)

Attachments:

How do you prove you exist? Maybe we dont exist.

GummiBear.2756

known bug that already had countless threads… and it happens everywhere, the one reason i cant get myself to actually level my asura characters, as she looks so stupid when she bald, where she is normally super cute

Posted by: DathanielCHR.6453

DathanielCHR.6453

We had a patch today, mostly it seems just to take down all the Winter’s Day festivites, but I was hoping it might have had a fix to this thing. Went to Arah and started up the story mode to see the initial conversation and….

Alas, nope, Conversation Zojja is still without her cute hat. sigh It’s been a known bug for how long now? A month? Two months? Three? And they seemingly refuse to fix it. Granted it’s not exactly a game breaker so I imagine it’s not exactly high on their priority list, but I wouldn’t think it would be that tough to fix, would it?

Maybe we’ll get luck in the January Updates. I’d like it very much if they just gave the option where players could keep their hats in conversation as well.

GummiBear.2756

Alas, nope, Conversation Zojja is still without her cute hat. sigh It’s been a known bug for how long now? A month? Two months? Three? And they seemingly refuse to fix it. Granted it’s not exactly a game breaker so I imagine it’s not exactly high on their priority list, but I wouldn’t think it would be that tough to fix, would it?

a month or so only, deffo not 3, it was not a bug there were present since launch

Posted by: Jason King.2647

Previous

Jason King.2647

Live Response Embed

While this issue is highly visible, it doesn’t have as high of a priority as some of the other bugs we’re currently working on and is also looking like it will require programmer time to fix, so we don’t have an ETA on a fix yet. Thank you for your patience!

ArenaNet Community Team
Live Response Embed

Posted by: Ibari.1294

Ibari.1294

While this issue is highly visible, it doesn’t have as high of a priority as some of the other bugs we’re currently working on and is also looking like it will require programmer time to fix, so we don’t have an ETA on a fix yet. Thank you for your patience!

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Although it discourages me to keep playing my personal story, simply because I’m tired to see bald characters here and there. It’s not only Zojja: All the characters that were supposed to show helmet during cutscenes are missing it!

It may not be gamebreaking per se, but it’s truly ruining some of our experiences.

…still unsure about my main character.

Posted by: ThommyGunn.6435

ThommyGunn.6435

I hadn’t played this in a bit, due to holidays and work related issues. But when I took my break, I remember seeing helmets on people, this week I have noticed NO ONE wears helmets. Which at first wasn’t a big deal, but now that I have a cool helm and talking to some NPC’s (who are bald cause no need when helm covered), its just weird. The toggle switch to turn off and On (which I saw above) I think should be revamped as to let us turn them on and off for character in Cutscenes as well.

I understand this isn’t a game breaker by any means, but its something that’s been slightly pulling me out of my story cause it just looks weird. I try to over look it, but when a random guard pops into the conversation with no helm on or when we pop out and helms are magically on, throws me off. I dont’ know why they decided to turn them off in the first place for players. I have a helm that’s got a cool Gem right in the middle, no one can see it in game, but the conversations it would be right there looking good.

Please look to bumping this up a bit so the immersion may continue on for myself and many others. Other than that, I love this game!

Posted by: Racerwolf.2670

Racerwolf.2670

yep zoilja bald……graphics missing or incredibly slow loading(running into la.. run into bank and nothing is there just the bankers icons.. floating in air,.,,just the water below..till it loads a few minutes later)

GummiBear.2756

yep zoilja bald……graphics missing or incredibly slow loading(running into la.. run into bank and nothing is there just the bankers icons.. floating in air,.,,just the water below..till it loads a few minutes later)

the 2nd part sound like an issue with either your PC or connection, i never had that kind of stuff, try lowering the grachic details

Posted by: Scout.2781

Scout.2781

Ok, thanks for the answer.

Although it discourages me to keep playing my personal story, simply because I’m tired to see bald characters here and there. It’s not only Zojja: All the characters that were supposed to show helmet during cutscenes are missing it!

It may not be gamebreaking per se, but it’s truly ruining some of our experiences.

seriously though, this needs to be fixed soon. I just wont let myself play my asuras’ ps until this is solved (i have 3 of them). I haven’t been on in forever and it’s only because this one glaring issue is gnawing at my mind everytime i think about playing. If anything, at least give us an actual ETA.

Posted by: relaxedfire.2357

relaxedfire.2357

I have an Asura in Synergetics -Micchada, guardian- but not infinity ball. Just clarifying that the bug has been fixed permanently! I just helped a friend who had infinity ball, and Zojja looked completely normal!
Thanks Anet!

I am Asura, I personify genius…

…But that doesn’t mean I am one.