all waypoints contested when on megaserver

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

I just got this new “feature”…

We were at CoF, finished our two runs and wanted to go to Ascalonian Catacombs afterwards, but every single waypoint on Plains of Ashford was contested… I don’t think that works as it is intented, so pls take a look at this ^^

Maybe this happened because we have been put onto a megaserver when exiting CoF, rather then our homeserver….

Attachments:

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

As you can see, not every waypoint is contested. Once you waypoint to the map, only those waypoints that are truly contested will show up as contested.

You can read about how waypoints work after the patch in the Feature Patch blogs.

Posted by: NIGHTHUNTER.5139

NIGHTHUNTER.5139

ok, didn’t noticed those on the left side… but it isn’t usual that AC waypoints gets contested, so why is this happening on megaservers? I know that certain wps like Arah WP always have been contested when you where on an overflow server, but why AC WP? So you have to port twice, pay twice and you have one more annoying loading screen… I just want to know why this would make any sense…

we’re the rebelz of the night – watch your back!

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Again, you can read all about it in the Feature Patch blogs. =)

Posted by: Snowblind.4371

Snowblind.4371

As you can see, not every waypoint is contested. Once you waypoint to the map, only those waypoints that are truly contested will show up as contested.

You can read about how waypoints work after the patch in the Feature Patch blogs.

So you have to pay double money to get where you want to go?

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It wouldn’t be double money. Traveling a short distance is less costly than traveling a great distance. There is, however, some added expense, but not much.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Not all of those waypoints are contestable, its a bug. Only Plains of Ashford has been seen to show nearly all waypoints as contested so far (besides Orr).

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/ (Subtopic “Regarding Cross-Map World State”):

The megaserver system makes reporting and displaying the state of your destination map accurately quite impossible. With this in mind, we’ve decided to disable reporting of world state across maps entirely.

As a player, this will impact you in the following ways:

• Waypoints—All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-megaserver-system-world-bosses-and-events/ (Subtopic “Regarding Cross-Map World State”):

The megaserver system makes reporting and displaying the state of your destination map accurately quite impossible. With this in mind, we’ve decided to disable reporting of world state across maps entirely.

As a player, this will impact you in the following ways:

• Waypoints—All contestable waypoints on any map you’re not currently playing in will always appear contested. When you arrive in the map, you will be able to travel to these waypoints pending their local status.

In combination with Megaserver i suppose i get why this is.
But objectively its utter kitten to have so many contested waypoints.
More contested waypoints is NOT game improvement.

Never liked the concept of contested waypoints anyway.

So, Anet, either remove the concept of contested waypoints, OR make all waypoint travel free.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

It’s supposed to be that only the contestable waypoints are… well… contested. However, as many are seeing, every waypoint, except those at the entrance/exit of a zone is. (Actually it’s worse since the one right in front of you is also contested…) And yeah, the AC waypoint is never contested. It is likely there was originally going to be an event involved with it, so it’s treated the same way, but this is just a guess.

Posted by: Deificus.5864

Deificus.5864

In the BWEs, there was a Branded corruption event which overtook most of the Plains of Ashford region. Only the four waypoints north and west of the Old Duke’s Estate were unaffected by that event, and of those four only three have never been contested (Greysteel Armory can be contested by the devourer egg and broodmother events).

Although the large region-wide meta event was removed from the live release, the effect still lingers by revealing the contestable nature of the waypoints in the region to players on other Megaserver maps.

Source: http://www.guildwarsinsider.com/bwe2-finale-rytlock-dragons-corruption-my/

Posted by: iAmPesukone.2931

iAmPesukone.2931

Shamelessly bumping this post, since apparently there is no in-game reason for the AC waypoint to ever be contested (nor have I ever seen it contested while in the same map myself), yet it’s contested all the time when I’m in another map.