at the heat of battle, I can not attack.

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: TimeToKill.7265

TimeToKill.7265

check the video link below, attack skills not responding at WVW.
this happened during large zerg fight. I ported back and still can not attack, but log out and log in, everything works fine ( except entering long waiting queue for WVW).
this happened to me once this is the 2nd time.

Posted by: TimeToKill.7265

TimeToKill.7265

UPDATED.
happened again after 30+ min in queue.
engi skills can not cast.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

It’s an anomaly that happens all over Tyria. You can read some of the other threads about it, here and there.

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Yep, definitely happens to me too. It’s not lag because you can still move but all skills stay inactive.

Posted by: STRanger.5120

STRanger.5120

I guess it’s caused by lag, it’s not lag itself, but lag is the cause I guess. Happens to me in EB mostly, where lags are much more common than in other maps. Annoying as hell, though…

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I would encourage you to feedback on this thread:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/first

This is where I have reported this issue directly to Bill as I have also experienced this issue.
Support ticket ID:#128071
Support asked me to add to the thread I mentioned.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Bigoak.3270

Bigoak.3270

Happened to me yesterday at the Temple of Grenth, all skills locked up. Had to relog. Maybe it’s a cut in to stop bots when too much activity is going on? I was spamming my grenage kit like a madman.

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

Let’s all add to that thread I have posted – Support have asked that Bill (ANET progammer) gives us an update soon.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

I’ve had this happen during champion farming as well in PVE. It lasts for up to 15 minutes sometimes, and completely locks me out of my skillbar. I can still run around just fine, and even chat. So I highly doubt it’s simply lag.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

STRanger.5120

I’ve had this happen during champion farming as well in PVE. It lasts for up to 15 minutes sometimes, and completely locks me out of my skillbar. I can still run around just fine, and even chat. So I highly doubt it’s simply lag.

I had this bug occur even in dungeon, but never without a lag (That day was really nasty for me, I dunno if my provider was screwing up or if the servers were lagging, but it was a nightmare…)

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Mad Queen Malafide.7512

Mad Queen Malafide.7512

In my particular case, there usually were some performance issues as well. There would be a lot of players and effects going around, causing a heavy load on the pc. I’m not sure if that may be in any way related to this issue. I didn’t experience lag though, but plenty of frame rate drops.

“Madness is just another way to view reality”
(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y)

STRanger.5120

In my particular case, there usually were some performance issues as well. There would be a lot of players and effects going around, causing a heavy load on the pc. I’m not sure if that may be in any way related to this issue. I didn’t experience lag though, but plenty of frame rate drops.

Maybe even the framerate drops (some ppl call that “lag” too ) can cause this problem, a lot of games have the FPS and the frequency of data sending to the server connected, so it would make sense.

#ELEtism 4ever

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

I have found this happens when picking up bundles on the ground. Especially in big fights. Like the karka eggs at Karka Queen, and repair hammers at Tequatl.

Skill stop working except instant skills. The only way I’ve found to fix it is to get downed and rally.

Posted by: Culwenimos.1594

Culwenimos.1594

I think this happens when picking up any environmental item or banner, summoned weapons WHILST moving. Another fix is to log out and back in but that can be annoying in wvw.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

These are two separate bugs. The bundle one causes skills to stop working, but another bug stops skills from working just randomly, it seems. No bundles or zergs or noticeable lag involved.

Posted by: highlandria.7941

highlandria.7941

On a side note for those that can not move but can not attack. Lay a piece of seige down or take a portal and you can move again

Posted by: Clark Skinner.4902

Clark Skinner.4902

This happens in Toypocalypse too by the way. It makes you pretty useless for a long time until you can kill yourself.

Is everyone else doing right-click drag to move the camera while trying to pick up the bundle? I wonder if that’s part of why it happen.s

The fact that it happens in Toypocalypse, where there are only 5 players, makes it seem like a non-performance-based issue, and just a flukey timing bug.

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Its defiantely not performance based as Ive had it happen while running at 60fps. The entire bar simply refuses to activate skills and hotkeys wont work. I can still move, chat, dodge and use the TP but I simply cannot use any skills under any circumstances. Respawning, downing and res’ing, and reloging all have sofar “cured” the condition once it hits but the fact it happens in the first place is the problem.

Posted by: Ghostextechnica.3270

Ghostextechnica.3270

I’ve had this happen 3 times in the past week.

It always happened during large world boss fights – but that may be because that’s what I primarily do!

Everyone else is happily running around fighting, and I can run around too, but can’t use any skills at all. I select them and there’s a ‘button press’ animation, but nothing happens.

I don’t think it happens when I’m lagging either, as I never disconnect, and when the fight is over I can run over to the chest and loot it just fine.

Changing zones doesn’t fix it either. I actually have to relog to fix it.

When I get that feeling I want… spectral healing.

Ghostextechnica.3270

Is this being investigated? It appears to have happened to quite a few people and is completely game-breaking when it happens.

You are basically a free kill in sPvP. You can’t help your team or do any damage or mitigate any damage.. the only thing you can do is manually log out.

Posted by: Lethal Stranger.5093

Lethal Stranger.5093

It happened to me as well, during large PvE events that is. On my Engineer I couldn’t even auto-attack. The only skills I could use were weapon kits, but the auto attacks on those didn’t work either.
Pretty similar to the skill lag that occurs when there’s a 3-sided SM fight in EB, but worse.
I didn’t had this problem before the Wintersday patch btw.

Necromancer/Engineer/Elementalist main
Plays every class though :>
The Dynasty Warriors [DW] – Far Shiverpeaks

(edited by Lethal Stranger.5093)

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

I have found this happens when picking up bundles on the ground. Especially in big fights. Like the karka eggs at Karka Queen, and repair hammers at Tequatl.

Skill stop working except instant skills. The only way I’ve found to fix it is to get downed and rally.

I have had this happen to me multiple times in Fractals and general PVE all over Tyria and getting downed has always worked in getting rid of it

Ghostextechnica.3270

It happened to me as well, during large PvE events that is. On my Engineer I couldn’t even auto-attack. The only skills I could use were weapon kits, but the auto attacks on those didn’t work either.
Pretty similar to the skill lag that occurs when there’s a 3-sided SM fight in EB, but worse.
I didn’t had this problem before the Wintersday patch btw.

Same with me – never had this happen before wintersday.

Posted by: shiveter.3702

shiveter.3702

Its defiantely not performance based as Ive had it happen while running at 60fps. The entire bar simply refuses to activate skills and hotkeys wont work. I can still move, chat, dodge and use the TP but I simply cannot use any skills under any circumstances. Respawning, downing and res’ing, and reloging all have sofar “cured” the condition once it hits but the fact it happens in the first place is the problem.

I also start to have this problem since a week ago, and what’s worse, even when I am totally alone, the lag happens. PC performance is out of the question on me, too.

Posted by: Nadesh.7953

Nadesh.7953

I got a bug like that many times but now, with the marionette, i getting it often. In my case i think it happens when there is an environmental weapon or bundle and I press F but someone else pick the item at the same time and get it. When that happens the skills stuck and cant use anything from the quick bar.

Relog works but in the middle of the marionette one doesnt want to relog and get moved to the overflow (or another overflow). Wait a few mins also work but i think you need to wait around 10 mins and the skills slowly start to work again: in my case the ones at the right side start to work faster than the weapon ones.

Die or get downed may work but not sure, didnt test.