autoattack queued causing apparent skill lag

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

So now when you’re autoattacking, then hit another skill, the autoattack will ALWAYS complete first. You CANNOT use another weapon skill during the animation of an autoattack. for example, if you’re warrior greatsword autoattacking, and you press 3 to spin, you will only spin after the autoattack sequence finishes.

I’m pretty sure this wasn’t the case before, since I’m noticing it only recently.

multiple classes have been complaining about this. this kills people in intense fights. pls fix asap. this is by far the worst bug EVER.

Posted by: shadow.6174

shadow.6174

What’s even worse is when you cannot cast a skill before another finishes casting. E.g: as a mesmer I can’t cast Phantasmal Warden while Mind Slash chain is being executed or very soon after it was cast, or even worse I cannot cast Chaos Storm just very soon after casting Phantasmal Warlock. I was told it may be lag but it keeps happening even on low crowded places (even inside instances).

Posted by: Xarog.3172

Xarog.3172

It doesn’t only affect other skills. I can’t count the number of times I was downed in the jade fractal because the kittening sceptre auto-attacks wouldn’t stop despite me furiously mashing F to pick up one of the reflecting crystals.

It is utterly ridiculous.

wads.5730

please for the love of god fix this. this is more game breaking any any of the achievement or visual bugs. it makes the game unplayable the way it’s designed for many classes and builds.

atleast acknowledge there is a problem

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

The problem was acknowledged quite a while back… where he speaks about “race-condition”:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Official-state-of-skill-lag-and-server-optimizations/page/2#post3141560

“Something you can try to verify this is disabling your auto-attack and see if your other skills become more responsive.”

wads.5730

this is not the same thing as skill lag that happens during huge wvw engagements. those happen server side.

this is not a issue related to latency at all. this is a game mechanics bug that was introduced recently. it’s only happening because the autoattack animation is taking priority over other skills. your autoattack used to, and should be interrupted if you try to execute another skill.

i just dont understand how not more people are throwing a fit over this, especially the spvp players where timing and skill responsiveness is so much more important.

Posted by: Aiuris.9861

Aiuris.9861

As Xarog has said, it doesn’t only affect other skills. Can’t pick up crystals in jade fractal, can’t pick up conjured weapons anywhere in the game, etc. Spamming 1 ftw.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

this is not the same thing as skill lag that happens during huge wvw engagements. those happen server side.

this is not a issue related to latency at all. this is a game mechanics bug that was introduced recently. it’s only happening because the autoattack animation is taking priority over other skills. your autoattack used to, and should be interrupted if you try to execute another skill.

i just dont understand how not more people are throwing a fit over this, especially the spvp players where timing and skill responsiveness is so much more important.

My link is speaking directly to this issues. Turn off auto attack and you will not have the race condition of your button presses vs. the autoattacking 1.

Allisa Wonderland.8192

Additionally, there is Skill LOCK, which is when you cannot use your 1-5 skills anymore. This comes from picking up a banner (random chance) and can be fixed by getting yourself downed (go jump off a cliff ..)

wads.5730

allisa i’m not new at this game, we are talking about 2 completely different things.

turning on or off autoattack has nothing to do with this issue. infact autocasting autoattack works properly, as using another skill takes priority over the next chain in the autoattack.

i don’t think you understand even what i’m saying.

also the jade maw and conjure weapon pickup lag has existed for years. this issue however has only cropped up recently since the latest patch. so even though they behave similarly, i don’t think it’s exactly the same thing. but fixing one would probably fix the other too.

(edited by wads.5730)

wads.5730

ok i just tested it ingame, the latest update fixed it.

Posted by: Singularity.1486

Singularity.1486

Additionally, there is Skill LOCK, which is when you cannot use your 1-5 skills anymore. This comes from picking up a banner (random chance) and can be fixed by getting yourself downed (go jump off a cliff ..)

Or u can just get yourself CC-ed, that is the next best option as opposed to dying.

also the jade maw and conjure weapon pickup lag has existed for years. this issue however has only cropped up recently since the latest patch. so even though they behave similarly, i don’t think it’s exactly the same thing. but fixing one would probably fix the other too.

Pickup lagging is most likely linked to ping, as some videos on youtube do not show any of the above mentioned “lag”.