[bug] Splintered Coast Vista--Wrathwave Deeps

in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Posted by: McBragg.8405

McBragg.8405

With two different characters I’ve not been able to make the Wrathwave Deeps vista work. I can get there, and the little View button comes up, but no matter how many times I press F, the vista doesn’t run. I can’t finish the region. It makes me sad.

Posted by: Fingers.3189

Fingers.3189

I second this, I have attempted multiple times over the past 3 days to “view” this vista and nothing happens when I click my “interact” button..

Posted by: Fingers.3189

Fingers.3189

Just tried AFTER killing the Champion on the dock below… it worked :P

McBragg.8405

Ah. Thanks for that. I guess.

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

If you’re in combat you can’t view a vista. Even if the enemy is no longer attacking you, you can still be close enough to keep yourself in combat, this will last till you move farther away or the enemy dies. Seems more likely to happen in event areas, I’ve had to move totally outside of the marked area on a few.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You can tell if the game thinks you are still in combat by seeing if you can change your slot skills (you won’t have the little triangle). It’s fairly common to aggro something on the way up to a vista. Besides moving away, another work-around is to [F12] your character and restart it — you’ll be back at the vista and out of combat. (Don’t do this in WvW, since you are liable to respawn defeated and with broken armor — that’s the new penalty for quitting during combat.)

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: mrstealth.6701

mrstealth.6701

Besides moving away, another work-around is to [F12] your character and restart it — you’ll be back at the vista and out of combat. (Don’t do this in WvW, since you are liable to respawn defeated and with broken armor — that’s the new penalty for quitting during combat.)

I think I did this once for the vista in question. I know it was one of the krait tower vistas, at least.

Footsteps Of War [FoW] | Yak’s Bend
Seer Of The Divine | Sarina Starlight | Tireasa | Caedyra

McBragg.8405

Thanks. That helped a lot.

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

A previously slightly annoying problem has become a serious obstacle. I cannot exit combat anymore by relogging. There is a champion there, and not a pushover one, either. I need a party to defeat it.

I used to be able to log out and log back in to do vistas or jumping puzzles when an enemy would tag you, go out of combat and you would be stuck in combat. Now when I relog, even after logging into another character, I am still in combat.

Was this intended by the patch? Are we now supposed to need parties to get certain vistas or jumping puzzles?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

It is possible to sneak you way up to that vista without ever aggroing the champion …

Posted by: JohnLShannonhouse.1820

JohnLShannonhouse.1820

It is possible to sneak you way up to that vista without ever aggroing the champion …

I don’t see how. It hangs around directly beside the ramp and comes for you immediately upon getting up to the platform. I kept trying to run by dodging until I finally got it. Took maybe 4-6 tries. Maybe it was differently positioned for you, but where it was sitting going right through melee range was impossible went I went by.

Run by doesn’t even address situations like in the Collapsed Observatory with the ooze that shoots you and goes invulnerable right after you attack it, forcing you to jump off the path to kill it.

Posted by: MegaBigJT.2795

MegaBigJT.2795

Log out and back in. Worked for me.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

I don’t see how. It hangs around directly beside the ramp and comes for you immediately upon getting up to the platform. I kept trying to run by dodging until I finally got it. Took maybe 4-6 tries. Maybe it was differently positioned for you, but where it was sitting going right through melee range was impossible went I went by.

Run by doesn’t even address situations like in the Collapsed Observatory with the ooze that shoots you and goes invulnerable right after you attack it, forcing you to jump off the path to kill it.

This must have been pushed off the front page before I could see the reply.

From the water on the side(should be the southern side) you can jump on some wood sticking out and from that you can continue going up to the vista without ever entering combat.